Crysis DX10 graphics on XP.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crysis DX10 graphics on XP.

Never saw this coming. Apparently it runs better than DX10 under Vista too. LOL.

http://www.crysis-online.com/forum/i...37.0#msg203789

High (Supposed highest DX9 Setting)

Very High (Was DX10 Only)

Kinda thought this would have a bit more interest.

Comment

I am interested but I haven't had too much time to look into it. I think that it pretty amazing that DX9 is capable of the same quality. I mean whats the point of changing over to Vista if the biggest benefit is DX 10 games.
      [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4373/35734799443_53cb20ef13_z.jpg[/img]

Killed by CLRs since 2004. WOOT!
      Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

I think the DX10 does look better. Not wildly so, but better.
        A change of Pace.
        "All the fun of a clan without the BS" - Cain

Comment

Originally posted by paceman
          I think the DX10 does look better. Not wildly so, but better.
          Apparently it's exactly the same. The only difference is that DX10 elements are offloaded to the CPU instead.

Comment

Doesn't look the same to me.

I see light filtering through the branches and leaves on the DX10.

The sky is lighter and blends better in the DX10.
            A change of Pace.

Comment

I think both of those were taken in XP. The thing is that you weren't supposed to get the Very high setting at all in XP.
              [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4373/35734799443_53cb20ef13_z.jpg[/img]

Killed by CLRs since 2004. WOOT!
              Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Seems my SS links went dead. Here's another impressive SS though. Looks very much like all the DX10 videos we've seen.

Don't think i'm ever going to get Vista.

Duke: Exactly right.

Btw Paceman. Those two images i posted were not DX9 > DX10 comparisons. They were both DX9, but the second image was running DX10 settings.... something we've been told we need Vista for.

Comment

Even better!

The highest settings are SWEET!
                  A change of Pace.

Comment

Originally posted by juneau
                    Seems my SS links went dead. Here's another impressive SS though. Looks very much like all the DX10 videos we've seen.

Don't think i'm ever going to get Vista.

Duke: Exactly right.

Btw Paceman. Those two images i posted were not DX9 > DX10 comparisons. They were both DX9, but the second image was running DX10 settings.... something we've been told we need Vista for.
                    Are you 100% sure this is an Xp SS because it Look alot like a DX10 SS.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkrain371
                      Are you 100% sure this is an Xp SS because it Look alot like a DX10 SS.
                      That's the point Dark....while DX10 gives certain performance benefits when implemented properly, there's just nothing it does right now that can't be more or less emulated by DX9. The fact that these settings are disabled by default smacks of Microsoft FUD. Sure, DX10 might look slightly better....slightly. But not nearly enough to force the move to Vista and all the related issues that brings.

BTW, that shot is drop dead gorgeous

Comment

The thing is, all these DX10 effect we've been hearing of are listed as 'Very High' and are disabled under DX9.

There is not 1% difference between Very High on DX9 or 10. The only difference is that in DX9 it offloads these new effects to the CPU.

So to summarise. This "you need DX10 and Vista to make it look like this" is 100% fud. Nothing more than a cleverly disguised ad campaign.

Comment

I downloading the demo now and I'll get a SS of the same scene on dx10 at very high.

Comment

Here on on DX10 the first SS is on very high setting the second is on high setting.

Comment

Hmmmmm...

Well.. i have both XP and Vista 64.. I'll do a comparison today.
                              ??Click me to donate??

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                              Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                              widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X