Microphone problem!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Microphone problem!

As some see in-game, i was trying to make my microphone working.

It works in windows recorder, but it doesn't in the game. Can it be because my microphone is plug on my integrated sound card and my speakers, so all sound, are getting out my Audigy 2? OK, I clarify that, My microphone is plug on my integrated sound card, and the default recording device is set on it, and my speakers are plug on my audigy 2 set to default for sound, can it be the problem?!

thx

Try to setup in windows sounds settings all sound devices as Audigy 2.
    I have same problem ... all settings was default ... now i`v changed this for my sound device

Comment

Well ok, my mic is plugged in my integrated sound card because it the SoundMax SuperBeam microphone, does a great job out of the game but in game, nothin but it detect my voice in game option, so it damn weird!

Well, looks like game don't like to manage 2 sounds car setup Gonna try that later

Comment

so change settings in windows ... mic for other card and the rest for audigy.

Comment

You can try switching your mic the to the Audigy to check whether that's the problem. Maybe the game only lets you use one audio device or the other, not both?
          Another thought, just in case, you could check to be sure you have COD5 options voice chat "on".

Comment

Originally posted by marvindecrain View Post
            so change settings in windows ... mic for other card and the rest for audigy.
            That's exactly how i'm currently setup, and it doesn't work

Also the voice chat in game it setup to ON.

Gonna try to plug the microphone on the audigy.

Comment

Well I don't know if it's working, I still not see the little microphone near my name when I talk

Comment

doesn't work at all Well, maybe I'll check it back another day but for the moment i'm gonna type

Comment

Make sure all drivers are up to date.
                  Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
                  Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
                  I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
                  Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

I still don't know. Just some more questions about your original setup.
                    1. In Windows you have voice recording set to your integrated sound card and your mic works well in Windows. Shouldn't need to change that.
                    2. COD5 voice chat is set to on. Good.
                    3. In the options, voice chat has a sensitivity meter bar. When you talk, does that register at all? If not, try it again very loudly (scare the dog).
                    - If mic doesn't register at all, it won't work in the game.
                    - If the mic registers a little, then try to increase the microphone volume in Windows advanced volume setup.

Comment

1. I didn't change anything on that
                      2. Set ON
                      3. It register about at the half without scaring my cat LOL but in game looks like we've got nothing.

Comment

Oh and drivers on my box are always the last version

Comment

Are you in XP or Vista?
                          [IMG]http://thepebkac.net/images/sigs/Outdoors_sig.jpg[/IMG]
                          Like the community? Donate here:
                          [URL="http://www.cainslair.com/misc.php?do=donate"]http://www.cainslair.com/misc.php?do=donate[/URL]

Comment

this is what i hear when u talk

h.e...y. guys.. i... diieee,eei,,eid.

Try adjusting the connection cord to ur soundcard.

Comment

LOL :P

The connection is well plugged deep inside of the hole and clipped so this isn't the problem.

As concerning the windows version, it's Windows Vista Business 64bits.

I'm sure it's a stupid thing but I must be stupid because I still not resolve totally the issue whether you heard me lately 2d.

Still investigating that problem.. Every week and investigating problems way more complicated that this one and always found solutions, but for this

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                              Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                                by Apache Warrior
                                6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                              • Reply to 6 years
                                by Sirex
                                I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                                Just hit 2.5K miles...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                              • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                                by Sirex
                                Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                              • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                                by Sirex
                                Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                              • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                                by Sirex
                                Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                              Working...
                              X