This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Farewell

Well, its unfortunate that I voiced my opinion and got jumped all over it, tainting the end of 2142's tenure of Cain's Lair. But such is life and I respect Cain enough to abide by his wishes and I am going to say Farewell to this community.

I just wanted to thank everyone I played 2142 with on our server. We had alot of good times here.
    I have to especially thank Major.Massacre. I learned alot from you tudoring me in the nekomata enough to get me to 22nd overall.
    I thank General.Snake for gunning with me and coming after my tags and keeping me on my toes.
    I thank Dead and Gone for all his efforts admining the game, and gunning with me too.
    There are many more I have rolled with that I thank as well.

Lastly I will apologize for offending anyone with some of my posts reguarding the donation's etc. Like I said Its Cain's community and its his to run as he pleases. I was out of line to say what I said, how it was said, though I dont regret defending the game nor trying to give feedback on trying to get it to run longer here. I do wish I did present it differently as it did come across much harsher than I intended.

Cheers all. Hopefully we'll see you around in 2142.

Zolutar its aight. i still respect ya. Thumbs up bro Cya around. As we all say, we can find a server that we all can make our home and we team up.

Comment

I appreciate the apology and it is accepted.

I resented the implication that I was extorting donations from folks, while you hinted that I was going to pull 2142 down regardless of the donations I received, which is/was not true.

Geddy stated it well in his post, *IF* I were to get about $9,000.00 in the black today with donations, I would still be in the red for the money I have spent on hardware, bandwidth etc over the last ten years.

The last 4 months have really been bad, and I decided to pull 2142 in August, but I had already paid until 9/10 and then we got about $75.00 in donations, but I bit the bullet and paid for another month to take us to Nov 10.

We have gotten many donations this month, 95% of which are a result of BlackArrow's generous raffle - but I am still waaaay in the red over 2142.

I am sorry to see 2142 go, but in time all games will move on to make room for new ones.

Take care and best wishes in the future,

-- Cain

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
      Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
        by Apache Warrior
        6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
      • Reply to 6 years
        by Sirex
        I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
        Just hit 2.5K miles...
        5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
      • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
        by Sirex
        Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
        5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
      • Reply to Hell Let Loose
        by Sirex
        Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
        5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
      • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
        by Sirex
        Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
        5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
      Working...
      X