This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Farewell

Well, its unfortunate that I voiced my opinion and got jumped all over it, tainting the end of 2142's tenure of Cain's Lair. But such is life and I respect Cain enough to abide by his wishes and I am going to say Farewell to this community.

I just wanted to thank everyone I played 2142 with on our server. We had alot of good times here.
    I have to especially thank Major.Massacre. I learned alot from you tudoring me in the nekomata enough to get me to 22nd overall.
    I thank General.Snake for gunning with me and coming after my tags and keeping me on my toes.
    I thank Dead and Gone for all his efforts admining the game, and gunning with me too.
    There are many more I have rolled with that I thank as well.

Lastly I will apologize for offending anyone with some of my posts reguarding the donation's etc. Like I said Its Cain's community and its his to run as he pleases. I was out of line to say what I said, how it was said, though I dont regret defending the game nor trying to give feedback on trying to get it to run longer here. I do wish I did present it differently as it did come across much harsher than I intended.

Cheers all. Hopefully we'll see you around in 2142.

Zolutar its aight. i still respect ya. Thumbs up bro Cya around. As we all say, we can find a server that we all can make our home and we team up.

Comment

I appreciate the apology and it is accepted.

I resented the implication that I was extorting donations from folks, while you hinted that I was going to pull 2142 down regardless of the donations I received, which is/was not true.

Geddy stated it well in his post, *IF* I were to get about $9,000.00 in the black today with donations, I would still be in the red for the money I have spent on hardware, bandwidth etc over the last ten years.

The last 4 months have really been bad, and I decided to pull 2142 in August, but I had already paid until 9/10 and then we got about $75.00 in donations, but I bit the bullet and paid for another month to take us to Nov 10.

We have gotten many donations this month, 95% of which are a result of BlackArrow's generous raffle - but I am still waaaay in the red over 2142.

I am sorry to see 2142 go, but in time all games will move on to make room for new ones.

Take care and best wishes in the future,

-- Cain

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
      Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
      widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X