Looking for a lil advise...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for a lil advise...

What is everybodies favorite kit set up to use?

Rye, you know I need your input so I can copy...erm, I mean counter you!

I'm not used to the bigger maps so I can not really Run'N'Gun like COD4 and nades go farther than in COD4 so I have to adjust my awesome nade throwing skills. Anywho, any help would be greatly appreciated. And once I hit 10th Prestiege, I'll work on my achievements. Once I get them all, I'll take a screenie with them and how long on game play it took me. You know I like to test myself.

So see ya all tonight around 6 or so, PST.

Frag ya'll later!
    [url="http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/19030358"]Dracontius - North America - Summoners - League of Legends Statistics - lolking.net[/url] - My LoL stats etc

[URL="http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4b6dbfab44e82"]http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4b6dbfab44e82[/URL] - Use link if you want to play League of Legends.

My kits change to help with the gun challenges. I've got all the non-weapon challenges done except Heavy MG headshots, which I'm working on now by using an M2 on my MG kits.

Shotgun kits tick me off, because they aren't as good as COD 4 overall. Sniper kits are pretty much the same as COD 4: iron lungs and stopping power. And with the MG, I'm using stopping power and deep penetration for one, extreme conditioning for the other (trying to get those challenges done fast, because of the number of machine guns--thus, two kits).

The best kits for me when I just want to go kill stuff center around a good SMG with a round drum, perk 1 of choice (I should mention that bomb squad is far more useful here than COD 4 for some reason), stopping power, and extreme conditioning. I also had some success with similar kits with the Sturm, and it's looking like the M1A1 Carbine is a nice little rifle (just started it yesterday). Speed and burst fire with some kick seem to be the key to killing success--and the bonus with the SMGs in this game is that they are almost absurdly accurate for distance shots too.

This kind of kit for me allows me to approach Rye's scores, until he kicks it up a notch to make sure he's on top.

I feel almost helpless with a Shotty or Sniper kit if more than half the other team attempts speed rushes with rapid-fire weapons. There is a clear inbalance built into the game that makes it more difficult to survive those rushes than it was in COD 4.

-Rand
    [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
    Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

My favorite is the PPSH with Round Drum, Bandoleer, Stopping Power and Steady Aim. The high rate of fire with this weapon is great and the steady aim helps when you are firing from the hip. Last night I killed 4 guys with one burst. I just love it when players bunch up.
      Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
      Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
      I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
      Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

This may be wierd but i have 2 sniper kits 1 for the big maps with a springfield, bouncing betty, stopping power, and iron lungs
        the other is the same except i use overpower and have a thompson with drum as 2nd. this is for the medium maps where i have to do alot of room clearing (where pistol isnt enough tbh) and also has long distances to snipe.
        that sounds more noobish outloud.... lol

Kaeben

Comment

Rand is pretty much dead on Dragon. Some points he made I'll elaborate on. The Bomb Squad perk is very, very useful here because of all the betties. I actually need to change a kit to include that, I'm so tired of getting smacked by those things. They are very evil.

SMG's still need a burst at range. The drum is sweet on any of the them. MG's are a great weapon. The bar is my favorite with steady aim. The MG is a close second. I'd use the FG42 more, but it goes through ammo fast and has a short magazine. The browning is too loud and you can find anyone using that weapon instantly.

The rifles are good, use the SVT or the Gewehr with steady aim, betties and deep impact and you are good to go. Tap, pause, tap, tap is about it for most people.

Bolt action's are fun, I mean, just plain fun. I use most of them even without the scope for a good game. It's a nice handicap. The Ariska is the best of those, at least the bolts, not counting the gas operated one. When I use my sniper kit I don't bother with the lungs, you have to shoot quick or that's it, move on.

Shot-gun can be nice. Use the sawed off, with marty, and jugger? I think that's it for that and you are good to go. You end up finishing off about a third of the people with your knife though.

I rarely, RARELY switch to pistol in any of the kits, and I only use MARTY on one kit, the shot-gun one I made to game with Rand.

Other tips will be done on a question basis for PM's.

Hope that helps.

Comment

I almost always use the Bar which just kicks butt in close and at medium distance. I go with bandolier, Stopping Power and Deep Impact.

Going for prestige grades I started using the basic SVT40. I love this thing and don't know why I didn't use it to begin with. Bandolier, Deep Impact and Stopping Power are my favs.

Bandolier is worth it if you can stay alive long enough to use the ammo Otherwise go with Betties (wimpy kills) or 2X primary grenades.

Comment

for me

mostly smgs: bandolier, stopping power, and extreme conditioning. I run almost all of the time. When I'm awake, I like the type 100. Otherwise the Thompson...both with drum mags...and then the MP40, because it looks nice and is effective but a little jumpy. PPsh is nice, but I can't get the hang of hip firing it too well.

The STG in the rifle class is great for medium range shooting...I just keep the iron sights on it...same perks as above...it's full auto...but a little awkward in closer range. Or the Gewehr or the M1a1 (level 65...I think that's the name)...semi autos, accurate.

For shottie kit, I use satchels, sleight of hand, and ext cond. Double barrel, no attachments. The sawed off is nice, but has a range of about 5 feet...the plain double has about 10 feet. Sleight of hand is saves you a few knives, as you can step back, reload, and step up again...but shotties are tough in hardcore...tough to get close enough to folks...but when you do...well, that's that.

And that's about it...I barely use the mgs...but switch around to most just for variety, once in a while.

Comment

my top 5 classes
                1 PPSH + sleight of hand + bandolier+ steady aim
                2 Double barrel shotty +sawed off+ sleight of hand + dead silence + flamer
                3 MG42 + doubletap + bipod+ bandolier+steady aim (pretend its a BIIIIG shotty)
                4 Mosin Nagant + bayonet+ camoflage+ recon+ bettys
                5 Browning 1919+bipod+overkill+PTRS (the big sniper) +recon+flamer

all of these work best at either very close or very long range

Comment

Thanks peeps! I'll try a few of these combos tonight and see what I like most!
                  [url="http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/19030358"]Dracontius - North America - Summoners - League of Legends Statistics - lolking.net[/url] - My LoL stats etc

[URL="http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4b6dbfab44e82"]http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4b6dbfab44e82[/URL] - Use link if you want to play League of Legends.

Comment

Originally posted by Apache Warrior View Post
                    My favorite is the PPSH with Round Drum, Bandoleer, Stopping Power and Steady Aim. The high rate of fire with this weapon is great and the steady aim helps when you are firing from the hip. Last night I killed 4 guys with one burst. I just love it when players bunch up.
                    Apache
                    Out of all the mix and matching I tried today, I must say this kit is best in my eyes....It even lets a noob like me get on the + side lol

Comment

A little trick... the Kar unscoped is fairly powerful as is, and the iron sights are easy to use. If you put a scope on it, the weapon seems to be a bit more powerful for some reason (Glitch in the coding?). My 2 sniping kits are...

Springfield w/ nade launcher, Kar scoped..... That's all I need for that kit. Overkill takes up first and second perks, So for the third i'd use whatever will help you out the most...

PTRS.... W/ Betties, Camo, and Dead silence.... The weapon is strong enough to take out in a single shot at the body or legs! SO camo keeps you hidden untill you take your shot!
                      [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v491/echosofbliss/seiko8wy.gif[/IMG]

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                      Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                      widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X