Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cigarette like warning to be added to video games??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cigarette like warning to be added to video games??

New Bill in Congress Would Add Cigarette-like Warning Labels to Video Games | GamePolitics

Well, some asshats in Congress want to do it. To read: "WARNING: Excessive exposure to violent video games and other violent media has been linked to aggressive behavior."

Honestly, violence obviously isn't the answer in this case, but I'd really like to take a hockey stick to the side of this guy's head anyway.
    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v337/Igorod/troopdod.jpg[/img]
    [url=http://profile.xfire.com/trooper110][img]http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/co/type/1/trooper110.png[/img][/url]

if anything video games make me less aggressive. they allow me to do things that i would never be able to do in real life, such hiring a hooker and then killing her to get my money back.

Comment

This is a prime example of idiots that think putting labels on everything makes people really read them and pay attention resulting in straightening out our society.
      What in the world are they thinking? Don't they realize, you would figure, sooner or later anyway, that the only way to fix this society is stop ignoring the old tried and true ways. We can't correct our children; our teachers can't be responsible for them without being sued. They has been a total disregard of smaller legal violations i.e. traffic citations for parking, no head lights for a long time.
      Then you have the totally crazy situations of a citizen doing something right and getting sued by some idiot because the outcome could have been better or a robber sued because he was hurt during their foiled robbery attempt. Just as a few examples.
      All the little things add up and it just amazes me they haven't figured this out.
      [IMG]http://thepebkac.net/images/sigs/Outdoors_sig.jpg[/IMG]
      Like the community? Donate here:
      [URL="http://www.cainslair.com/misc.php?do=donate"]http://www.cainslair.com/misc.php?do=donate[/URL]

Comment

I agree DougBob...society and upholding its laws has been very very lax these last years / decades.

I'm not sure if its a sympton of the political correctness phase that the world went through were you weren't allowed to say something for the risk of offending people. When you did (most when corporations did), they got sued. Then people kept on sueing. Cops got sued, everyone got sued. No one wants to get sued so people started to step back.

I'm sure if someone gets stopped by a cop for having their headlights burnt out, they will be analysing each word the cop says, each gesture and so on trying to find a reason to call them a racist woman hating child molesting priest.

Labels didn't help people to stop smoking. What helped people stop smoking here in Montreal (which has an abnormally high amount of smokers) was banning the smoking in bars and restaurants. Taking action.

You want to curb violence, look into ways of not having kids under 18 play them. Look into banning other violent things in life (guns). If they are so into their studies and think that they are the bees knees, take real action on them.
        [this is where my funky sig would go. But I don't have one.
        So all you get is this crappy text]

Comment

WARNING: This Product May Make Your Child Act Out, Lie, Cheat, Steal, Asshat, Become A Troll, Commit Arson, Mimic Violence, Join The Armed Force, Vote, Or Simply Become A Douchebag

Comment

Curious why you lumped in Join the Armed forces and Vote in your list of negatives.
            [this is where my funky sig would go. But I don't have one.
            So all you get is this crappy text]

Comment

Originally posted by BigTwinky View Post
              Curious why you lumped in Join the Armed forces and Vote in your list of negatives.
              because the liberal majority here in the US pretty much despises the armed forces, and the move itself is a liberal one.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
              Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                by Apache Warrior
                6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
              • Reply to 6 years
                by Sirex
                I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                Just hit 2.5K miles...
                5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
              • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                by Sirex
                Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
              • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                by Sirex
                Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
              • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                by Sirex
                Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
              Working...
              X