Kaeben's writings Pt.2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kaeben's writings Pt.2

Seeing as im part of the writing social group i decided to post my stories, these are the only proper stories ive ever written and they are very old so be patient with my writing skill/gramma please
    Leave fluttered across the floor... is a love/war story (in Kaeben's writings Pt.1)
    Darkness settled in the valley is simply a war story i never finished (in Kaeben's writings Pt.2)
    Hope you enjoy

Darkness settled in the valley, as the precious handful of daylight hours this far north and surrounded by god-forsakenly cold mountains slipped away; a mighty blizzard beat at everything in the open.
    Kaeben stood facing a black snow covered keep, an army at his back. As the line of shadow caused by the sunset raced across the valley floor Kaeben raced his weapons into the air, and his army erupted behind him. Shouting and cursing filled the air as darkness descended, behind him were thousands of bloodied, bruised, and dirty soldiers; the blessed of whom had begun to mutate under the eyes of the Dark Gods. Kaeben could see that the heretic soldiers atop the keep walls were terrified, many were kneeling in prayer.
    Standing at almost seven foot tall with long black hair matted from months of marching, Kaeben stood a head taller then even his biggest warriors. His pure red eyes searched the walls of the keep with his inhuman vision; he could see even the whites of the heretics eyes. Finally his eyes fell upon a figure with long blond hair flowing in the blizzard winds, his brother was identical in everyway except for his blonde hair and pure blue eyes, Kaeben whispered a promise to the Dark Gods that his brother would fall tonight.
    Kaeben sliced his weapons down with a scream worthy of a banshee, thumps sounded over the cries of his army as trebuchets launched fiery rocks at the keep, Kaeben?s army had been bombarding the keep with rocks since the previous sunset, and the half-tonne rocks had taken their toll on the keep, the north face of the keep covered in craters. Kaeben?s red eyes followed the balls of flame on their trajectory as they fell down onto the keep. As they hit home the keep was engulfed in explosions and Kaeben set off at a run, his army followed him bellowing battle-cries.
    Icy mist flowed from Kaeben?s mouth as he panted at the effort of running in full plate, his arms pumped forwards and backwards. In his left hand he held a long straight dagger the size of a humans forearm, and in his right was a bastard sword armed with a serrated edge and a hook on the back of the blade.
    Arrows rained down from the keep striking down men to either side of Kaeben, but they persisted, if a man fell then another would take his place, the deaths only increasing the fury of Kaeben and his dark army .A arrows smacked into Kaeben?s shoulder, piercing his armour and stabbing into his flesh, without breaking his stride Kaeben hit it with the butt of his dagger snapping the haft.
    Two hundred and fifty metres from the keep and Kaeben?s legs felt like lead, his mind and body focused on getting to his brother, nothing could stand in his way and nothing will stop him.
    Two hundred meters to go and they reached the ranged of the scorpions atop the keep. Heavy bangs sounded as the oversized crossbows threw bolts the size of a man at the oncoming army; a bolt flew directly at Kaeben, he threw himself to the floor as the bolt passed mere inches above him, obliterating the man behind him. Kaeben hit the snow with a grunt, his sword flying out of his hand. With a curse Kaeben punched the ground, his inhuman strength throwing himself into the air in a white curtain of snow, he landed on his feet a foot from his sword, laughing to himself he lifted it, his body filling with warmth and demonic energy from the blade.
    A soldier slammed past Kaeben, clipping his shoulder and half spinning him around, as his army caught up with him. Kaeben quickly chased after the soulless bastard who had barged into him.
    A hundred metres from the wall and Kaeben was only feet from the bastard, his dark red eyes staring at the back of the idiot?s skull where he would strike. But a sudden movement atop the keeps battlements distracted Kaeben, atop the keep his brother had defiantly climbed atop the keeps wall. Their eyes met and Kaeben?s brother smiled in false bravery. As Kaeben stared into his brother?s eyes he reached the soldier and barely breaking his stride thrust his dagger into the back of his skull. He pushed off on his front foot and forced the dagger further, and it erupted from the soldier?s eyes, Kaeben ripped his dagger from the soldier?s head spinning him to the bloody snow. His brother?s face contorted with horror at the sight and he took a half step back from Kaeben.
    Had he not realised I am not the kind, caring, asshole I used to be? Kaeben briefly wondered to himself. As he reached the battered wall he sheathed his bastard sword onto his back and leaped onto the wall, his hands easily finding purchase on the cratered wall. He was only metres from his brother, his body burning in pain; he pushed such weak thoughts of pain from his mind and forced his body upwards. His hand touched the top of the battlements and with a cry he threw himself into the air.
    Time froze as he realised his brother was below him, staring up in terror. With a feral smile Kaeben fell to the battlements, he calmly strode towards his brother, as he fumbled to draw his sword. A heretic soldier jumped in Kaeben?s way, and without faltering in step Kaeben grabbed the man?s skull and threw him over the wall to the seething mass of an army climbing the walls. Kaeben reached his brother and struck out with his right hand, punching his brother in the face his nose breaking under the force of the blow. His left hand thrust forwards and the dagger slid through the bloody mist, aimed at his brother?s right eye. His brother gave up the futile attempt to draw his sword and raised his hand in protection. Kaeben?s dagger easily slid through the hand, as he threw his weight into the thrust forcing the dagger towards his brother?s face just as the sun fell behind the mountains and the valley was pitched into darkness.
    Kaeben was distracted for the smallest fractions of a sentence; however this hesitancy was long enough for his brother to guide the dagger away from his face using his ruined hand. Kaeben?s right hand shot forwards and grasped around his brother?s throat their eyes meeting; Kaeben drew himself forwards and whispered ?I will see you dead Isaac.?
    Red eyes met blue. The red stared hungrily into blue. The terror in the blue eyes suddenly turned to the darkest hate as his brother suddenly drew his sword in a blurred arc.

Good stuff, Kaeben

If you ever finish the second, post it up!

Comment

Originally posted by Skud View Post
      If you ever finish the second, post it up!
      Definitely! We're getting a few good writers around here lately.

Comment

yeah been meaning to, if i do ill post it

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
        Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
          by Apache Warrior
          6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
        • Reply to 6 years
          by Sirex
          I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
          Just hit 2.5K miles...
          5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
        • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
          by Sirex
          Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
          5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
        • Reply to Hell Let Loose
          by Sirex
          Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
          5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
        • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
          by Sirex
          Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
          5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
        Working...
        X