• Time
  • Show
Clear All

BF2 Pirates 2 Official Release 2.1

http://bfpirates.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2157

Player Manual:
    http://bfpirates.com/r2/R2%20BFP2%20guide.pdf

Changelog from v2 Beta:

This is not a comprehensive list by any means, but just to show you the activity behind the scenes since the release of the public beta - here are the things we have fixed already:

SOLDIERS:
    - More than doubled the sprinting duration, changing sprint start to 33% (from 50%) and made per-kit modifications (some run further, some recover faster, etc).

CANNONS:
    - For all cannons with multiple ammo types, player must sit in firearm (and ammo type) to reload it to prevent shell spamming

HAND WEAPONS:
    - Reduced blunderbuss reload speed slightly (between musket and musketoon now), increased per-pellet damage a bit and focused the cone spread some more.
    - Removed a reload timer on the zombie axe which may be causing it to get "stuck"
    - Adjusted the ranges of the cutlasses and axes
    - Fixed the ducksfoot so the projectiles spread out like a shotgun
    - Added proper zoom animations for the musketoon
    - Fixed sound on the parrot and greatly reduced the reload time (which affects how fast you can get a new parrot off a powderkeg for example).

MAPS:
    - Fixed the Pegleg locators on all Zombie maps
    - Zombie spawn pts are scattered across all maps, and are individually selectable (you can choose where to spawn in).
    - Storm the Bastion Zombie 32 combat area fixed so you cant hide outside the fort
    - Added falconets on all Storm the Bastion Conquest churches to help blow the door (somehow removed since v1.2)
    - Black Beards Atol Conquest 32 now has unique combat areas per team to keep enemies from spawn camping uncappable flags
    - Additional cannons and falconets placed on all BBA maps
    - Blue Bayou and Wake Island lightmaps have been completely redone
    - Crossbones Keep Zombie 64 jaw island spawnpoint removed (in addition to scattering/selectable changes above)
    - Dead Calm Conquest 16 combat area changed to just the ships (also makes the HUD map a lot more detailed)
    - O Me Hearty Beach parrot kits positioned better (and a new secret one placed)
    - Shallow Draft sounds have been re-engineered to avoid dead spots and sudden stop/starts
    - Shipwreck Shoals CTF 64 combat area adjusted to make attacking the Pegleg flag more difficult
    - Wake Island 1707 - fixed terrain, coloring and lightmap issues
    - Added SP support on Blue Bayou and Frylar2
    - Fixed Frylar2 flag names
    - Improved Oh Me Hearties Beach lag issues

VEHICLES:
    - Removed jumping bug from dolphins, created sound effects, added to more maps
    - Added 150m radar sweep (UAV component) to hot air balloon

OTHER:
    - Fixed the AIBehaviors.ai so more SP maps will work
    - Added a (skippable) intro film that plays at mod launch (f'n awesomeness)

The following is an email sent to you by an administrator of "BFPirates".

Message sent to you follows:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ahoy mateys! We are proud to announce from the tip o' every crowsnest... The Official Release of BF Pirates - yarR 2.1!

For those who have participated in a very fun public beta over the holidays, you only need to download the R2.1 Client Incremental Patch and install it directly on top of your R2.0 build.

For anybody new to our port, be sure to snag the R2.1 Full Client

Both are now available here: BFPirates

For the full new release in addition to loads of additional info, please click here: http://bfpirates.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2157

Now grab yer muskets and set sail!

Comment

I'm downloading the incremental patch now, then some hot coffee (to offset the -20 degrees that it is outside right now), then i'll probably hop on a server and try this out.

Comment

Grisu ??

Is the final release better than the 2.0 Beta you hated ??

Comment

See my pm. I don't want to influence the opinion of others...
          Please like Pocket Radio Player on Facebook to support this little Freeware app.

Comment

Originally posted by Grisu View Post
            See my pm. I don't want to influence the opinion of others...
            Go ahead !! You scared us all away from the BETA, tell folks what you think of 2.1...

Comment

Originally posted by Cain View Post
              Go ahead !! You scared us all away from the BETA, tell folks what you think of 2.1...
              I don't scare people for sure...

Anyway, just start playing guys. The mod in his official version is worth it.
              Please like Pocket Radio Player on Facebook to support this little Freeware app.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
              Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                by Apache Warrior
                6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
              • Reply to 6 years
                by Sirex
                I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                Just hit 2.5K miles...
                5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
              • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                by Sirex
                Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
              • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                by Sirex
                Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
              • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                by Sirex
                Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
              Working...
              X