Opinion needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinion needed

I've been playing mostly bf2142 lately and I found a Titan server I like but one thing really bugs me about it. One of the clan guys for that server gets unreal k/d. I saw 104-2. I was hoping to get an admin to kick him but turns out he IS the head admin for the server. All his kills are gunship and he is #4 on the leaderboard with it. I know he camps the other titan. My question is can that really be legitimate or is that some vehicle aimbot? I have been surprised before on that server with being killed with by 1 shot while in a 100% tank but I didn't notice where the kill came from.

Yeah, if he's actively camping the other titan and he's a legit good pilot, he could rack up those numbers. He's got to worry about ground based AA and podders, but he can keep down the other aircraft easily, and tanks would have to gain some distance from the base (or come in from other areas) to hit him if he's aware of what the ground situation is like and stays high enough.

That being said, it's dang hard to do this, and I'd be suspicious if the guy keeps racking up the same sort of ratios constantly. I'd also start to wonder if he did stuff like kick anyone who was able to take him down more than once, since he's the head admin there.

The tank thing happens. That's not suspicious, especially if you don't know where the hit was from. Probably a rear plate hit with another tank or a Pilum.

-Rand
    [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
    Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by Rand{CLR} View Post
      Yeah, if he's actively camping the other titan and he's a legit good pilot, he could rack up those numbers. He's got to worry about ground based AA and podders, but he can keep down the other aircraft easily, and tanks would have to gain some distance from the base (or come in from other areas) to hit him if he's aware of what the ground situation is like and stays high enough.

That being said, it's dang hard to do this, and I'd be suspicious if the guy keeps racking up the same sort of ratios constantly. I'd also start to wonder if he did stuff like kick anyone who was able to take him down more than once, since he's the head admin there.

The tank thing happens. That's not suspicious, especially if you don't know where the hit was from. Probably a rear plate hit with another tank or a Pilum.

-Rand
      +1 Amen brother.
      [img]http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i61/2HARDKOR/maj_massacre.jpg[/img]

Comment

No if he is really really good this is what I am thinking he is doing.

1.) Give a light pitch to the nose of the gunship and a little forward momentum.

2.) Switch to the gunner position and fire a cam missile at the general direction of the tank. NOT AT IT DIRECTLY!

3.) At the last possible second flick the missile into the rear of the tank getting a kill with no beep. Note: high sensitivity for mouse required.

I remember teaching the missile part to to quite a few of my gunners while playing with the CLR's. Though I had quite a bit of trouble with it solo (too many crashes and stalls). This was the only somewhat reliable way I found to kill massacre in his tank...

This would be my best guess as to what he is doing. It is not too hard unless you hard stall yourself (throwing your pitch too high and going near vertical at low speeds will make you crash.)

Comment

Thanks for the advice. I'll stop being peeved.

Rico's mission: Screen shot through the sights of my SAAW with the words "You Killed CTFalcon".

Comment

hey johny are you the same guy in BF2 with the name "IamjohnyRico"?

that might sound ridiculous
            [IMG]http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa291/SOPEK_/sopek01-1.png[/IMG]

Comment

Originally posted by sopek_ View Post
              hey johny are you the same guy in BF2 with the name "IamjohnyRico"?

that might sound ridiculous
              No, fraid not. There are tons of variations on the same theme. In game I'm JohnyRicoE. The "E" was for engineer. I have taken great pride in killing 2 other Ricos in 2142 but I didn't get screenies. I think I have a screenie of two of us getting kills at the same time though.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnyRico View Post
                Thanks for the advice. I'll stop being peeved.

Rico's mission: Screen shot through the sights of my SAAW with the words "You Killed CTFalcon".
                Well, the mission continues. I have a screenie of me killing him with the side gun on the transport but not with the SAAW.

Today I started noticing that there was another guy that was pretty great with the gunship and I decided to look him up. Didn't take long. x=FAST=x. #1. This is turning into a tough server to shoot down gunships.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnyRico View Post
                  Well, the mission continues. I have a screenie of me killing him with the side gun on the transport but not with the SAAW.

Today I started noticing that there was another guy that was pretty great with the gunship and I decided to look him up. Didn't take long. x=FAST=x. #1. This is turning into a tough server to shoot down gunships.
                  That FAST guys used to play on our server. He got owned too iirc.

Comment

I remember when he was on the server. I could never find the commitment to stay at #1 that long.
                    [IMG]http://i562.photobucket.com/albums/ss69/chris2118/battlefield_3copy.jpg[/IMG]
                    X...Noob Slasher...X

Comment

Originally posted by juneau View Post
                      That FAST guys used to play on our server. He got owned too iirc.
                      true by me hahaha
                      [IMG]http://i562.photobucket.com/albums/ss69/chris2118/battlefield_3copy.jpg[/IMG]
                      X...Noob Slasher...X

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                      Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                        by Apache Warrior
                        6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                      • Reply to 6 years
                        by Sirex
                        I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                        Just hit 2.5K miles...
                        5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                      • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                        by Sirex
                        Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                        5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                      • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                        by Sirex
                        Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                        5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                      • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                        by Sirex
                        Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                        5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                      Working...
                      X