No announcement yet.

CLNN - BREAKING NEWS! --- War In Europe as Day of Defeat Source Re-Emerges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bought it tonight, just finished the DL. No time to play, so I'll be on tomorrow after 9.

CAINNNN ???? I be comin' for you, shovel in hand !!!
    Oh if a man tried to take his time on Earth and prove before he died what one man's life could be worth, well I wonder what would happen to this world ? - Harry Chapin

Comment

Originally posted by WalkinTarget View Post
      Bought it tonight, just finished the DL. No time to play, so I'll be on tomorrow after 9.

now our old-time family its complete....but now bar still missing.
      Hit 'em like comic books, kaboom! pow pow!

Comment

Welcome WT back to Cains Lair Gaming. Do not get discouraged. There is an initial steep learning curve in this game. For most the most difficult is the gun recoil.
        See you in game.
        Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
        Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
        I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
        Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Originally posted by WalkinTarget View Post

Oh sweet!
          K3BASFM. "Lead, follow, or get out of the way."
          sigpic

Support Cainslair. Donate here! Cain's Lair Forums

Comment

Did some reading on the good and bad in the game (FiringSquad review) and their complaint was the lack of maps. The recoil thing I knew about from playing ET for 4+ years (very similar game) so its no big deal.
            Knowing the maps is key in these games ... thats quite clear to me already. I was able to join early AM and run around a bit and set up my bindings. I'll be on tonight after 9 if a spot is available.

Cain made a point to say I would like this as much as ET, which is just not going to happen, so I won't hold it against him for his superior motivational tendencies, but its worth playing online again after my offline gaming stint of 2+ years at this point.

Hard to describe why I was so hooked on ET, but I compare it to the old guard CS junkies that kept playing that game well after its prime, simply because it was what they wanted in a game and nothing else offered that 'feel'.

I miss the player classes that ET offered, so I won't be planting mines or stealing uniforms in DoD:S, but the least I can do is set up shop in a dark corner with my FG-42 and frag an occasional passerby.
            Oh if a man tried to take his time on Earth and prove before he died what one man's life could be worth, well I wonder what would happen to this world ? - Harry Chapin

Comment

Running around with a shovel is great too.
              Apache

I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
              Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Count me in for a few rounds

Comment

Great to see you back WT!
                  I'd suggest finding someone on your team that knows what they are doing and follow them around. Working in teams is huge in this game, specially that many maps require 2 people to cap critical flags. Following them around will give you an idea of where to go.

Philgod, can't wait to see you in game!
                  [this is where my funky sig would go. But I don't have one.
                  So all you get is this crappy text]

Comment

Thx Twink ! I played as long as I could before my back started acting up (may be going back to PT yet again for my herniated disc).
                    What floored me was how I could get a bead on an enemy but never bring him down (MP40), whereas he would get me in one shot on the move (I assume with the KA98 which has massive stopping power).
                    Thanks to those who helped (Jeffro - heh, and you thought no one could miss with a panzerfaust from 20 feet away ? ) I got sniped while trying to peg that guy across from where we were holed up.

One thing I noticed quickly - snipers are owning me with ease. I >>HATE<< sniping with a passion, but it would benefit me (not my team) to hang back and snipe and try that for a bit.

I'll give DoD a try, but I now have a feeling that I may end up going back to my old ET server just to see if it is still as fun as it was. It was the one game where I actually kicked @ss since I knew every nuance and trick to the gameplay.

Comment

The MP 44 has more recoil than any other gun in the game except for the mg that is not deployed. You might try the smaller MP 40 orthe Thompson.
                      Apache

Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

I'm staying at cod4 and Americas army

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Crazy View Post
                          I'm staying at cod4 and Americas army
                          Congratulations.
                          Stay positive!

Comment

Originally posted by Hammy View Post
                            Congratulations.
                            Stay positive!
                            I'am Positive

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Crazy View Post
                              I'am Positive
                              An atom says to his friend, "Man, I think I've lost an electron." The friend says "Are you sure?" He answers: "I'm positive!"

"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a Communist."
                              - Dom Helder Camara

Comment

Originally posted by H0ly-H@nd-Gr3nade View Post
                                An atom says to his friend, "Man, I think I've lost an electron." The friend says "Are you sure?" He answers: "I'm positive!"

lolz my chemistry teacher said this one to us 2 yrs ago, best joke he had (kinda sad)

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 3
                                Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                                  by Apache Warrior
                                  6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                                • Reply to 6 years
                                  by Sirex
                                  I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                                  Just hit 2.5K miles...
                                  5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                                • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                                  by Sirex
                                  Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                                  5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                                • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                                  by Sirex
                                  Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                                  5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                                • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                                  by Sirex
                                  Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                                  5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                                • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                                  by Apache Warrior
                                  I am glad you are recovering and will soon be back in good health.
                                  Apache...
                                  18 Feb 2024, 05:36 AM
                                Working...
                                X