Interesting Find (Spoilers?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting Find (Spoilers?)

I just noticed that the first Russian mission in the singleplayer campaign is an exact copy of a scene from enemy at the gates, here's an excerpt from the plot synopsis (if you haven't seen Enemy at the Gates yet, and are planning to, this could be a spoiler):

"After the battle, a car races through the streets, under artillery fire. Knocked off the road, the driver ? Lieutenant Danilov (Joseph Fiennes), a Soviet political commissar second class ? flees to the safety of a drained fountain and feigns death amongst the corpses within. Here he comes upon Vassili, also feigning death, and watches with amazement as the young soldier kills five nearby German soldiers with five shots from the Mosin-Nagant rifle Danilov hands him."

Treyarch can't even come up with their own plots? Also, for all the references that Reznov makes regarding heroes:

"Later, Nikita Khrushchev (Bob Hoskins) arrives in Stalingrad to coordinate the city's defences. He demands suggestions to improve morale, and Danilov suggests publicizing "heroes" for the people to idolize."

I just found this rather humorous.

LOL now that u explain it box it really does sound like the movie.

Comment

the entire game is a grab bag of events.
      I saw some John Wayne in some of the Pacific Battles.
      I think the scene where you are creeping along the creek is like that one scene in Platoon.

I liked the game for a moment, but then it faded really fast when I realized that the details were lacking in the game for the most part.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
      Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
        by Apache Warrior
        6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
      • Reply to 6 years
        by Sirex
        I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
        Just hit 2.5K miles...
        5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
      • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
        by Sirex
        Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
        5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
      • Reply to Hell Let Loose
        by Sirex
        Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
        5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
      • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
        by Sirex
        Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
        5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
      Working...
      X