Just got back from Hospital

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOL!!!

That's the kind of thing Ethan from Ctrl-Alt-Del comics would start to say. Only worse... :P

Comment

Re: Just got back from Hospital

Originally posted by res1492
      My girlfriend said that she was down stairs doing the cleaning and all that she heard was a bang and then lots of thumping.
      Interesting...

When I got the girlfriend downstairs, there is alot of banging and thumping too...

[TT]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/dCXnCM7.gif[/IMG]

Comment

So be warned if it can happen to me then it can happen to anyone!!!
        Yep probably so. I guess I've been one of the lucky ones. I've been playing computer games for almost 4 yrs. now ever since I got my first pc. I started out with the original Unreal then moved on to ut99 from there to Elder Scrolls: Morrowind and now I'm playing ut2k4 with only a few games inbetween. When I first started out I played several hours a day but now I don't do much else at all. I have been playing ut2k4 at least 6+ hours most days for 3 months now with a lot of 10+ hr days in there. I have been taking a short break from the game for about a little over a week now but I will be back soon enough. The problem is there are not enough new maps to keep up my interest unlike DM there use to be a new map almost every day it seemed. But I guess it is hard to keep coming out with enough great ONS maps suitable for a 32 player server. Anyway I don't know where I'm going with this other than to say I guess I've been lucky with all the time I spend on my pc. I don't know what I'd do if I could only spend 20 min. at a time playing games. Glad to hear you are O.K. and I hope to see you on-line soon even if it's only for a short time.
        The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination. - Garek (Deep Space 9)

Comment

One seizure really isn't anything to worry about. I had one back in 3rd grade, doc put me on Tegratol for a little while, then took me off it. I never had anything since. And now the FAA entrusts a First Class Medical to me.

My expierence was slightly different though...it happened at night in my bed. I felt, well, drunk is the best was to explain it, and was able to call for my parents before I went into the fit. The next thing I remember is being out in the living room and there being some flashing lights outside (the ambulance) and I couldn't talk. I could make sounds, but nothing intelligible. I then went to sleep at that point (not passed out, I was tired) and woke up in the hospital. I had all manner of EEG's, CAT scans and MRI's in the next 2 days. But like I said, that was the only time it ever happened. My neurologist told me 4 years ago when I was going for my medical that I have as much chance of suffering another seizure as someone who has never had one before does. And so far, nothing's triggered it...or I haven't fallen out of my chair

Comment

Originally posted by ??Kevin??
            Here is the first thing that came to my mind when I read your story [Please dont click this link res...PLEASE DONT!]

http://www.seizurerobots.com/ [I left it in that form so res could have some idea what the site is...

btw, sorry that happened!
            Hehehe telling NOT to do something is gonna make me want to do it even more ya fool!!
            And i see why its called seizurerobots now

Comment

I played Quake1 back in the day for 8 hour shifts on weekends, usually just on Saturdays. I ran into a guy ingame that had played 16 hours straight ... that game ... you just couldn't get away from it. Cains Lair regulars will remember those infamouse 3+ hour November maps in UT.

Its weird that this is your first epileptic fit after playing the game that often. Glad to hear you are OK tho .... thought you were gonna say you had the fit after successive monster kills .. lol
              Oh if a man tried to take his time on Earth and prove before he died what one man's life could be worth, well I wonder what would happen to this world ? - Harry Chapin

Comment

Originally posted by Fenris Wolf
                ...or I haven't fallen out of my chair
                When my headphone cable [If im in the mood to wear them] gets caught, or I drop something, I will sometimes lean the chair to get it...and I fall every time

Comment

There's a commercial on TV about the Direct TV Free Pass or something to see unlimited NBA games, and the guy watching TV in the commercial falls out of his chair and dies. Just like that.

Comment

yep, he dies in his kitchen, and he goes to heaven, and its his kitchen, and he is still watching NBA!

Comment

Wow Res, that blows, According to me mum I play up to 5 - 6 hours with me noticing. Time means nothing to me.

Comment

FREAK/ HAHA. didn't want to disappoint you Res.

Comment

Wow Res! So glad to hear you are OK man!

Well, you can be sure this is one topic that I will not bring to my wife's attention. She gets on me enough already about playing as much as I do, if she heard about this I would never be on!

Comment

Not enough for my tastes unfortunately. 11-12 hour days at work these days and for the unforseeable future. Plus, being the old-fogey keyboard banging programmer/I.T. director/whatever else that I am at work, my wrists and hands can only take about an hour at one time.

Sad that it really started to bother me shortly after I bought my new rig.
                            --Slaughter

Comment

i'v been around games all my life almost, never had one, guess my time will come at some point. I use to paly for 6-8 housr a day every day before nexxus server went down in june and I got a job...
                              [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v491/echosofbliss/seiko8wy.gif[/IMG]

Comment

how did a thread from march get pulled up ,

anyway my record is 72 hours strait with 4 bathroom breaks, it was UT99

so its been half a year, is everything still good res?

for me, regularly its about 1 hour blocks with 2 hours inbetween during the school year and 4 hour blocks with 1 hour breaks over the summer
                                [img]http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b400/__alpha__/ut3-4.png[/img]

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                                Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                                  by Apache Warrior
                                  6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                                • Reply to 6 years
                                  by Sirex
                                  I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                                  Just hit 2.5K miles...
                                  5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                                • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                                  by Sirex
                                  Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                                  5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                                • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                                  by Sirex
                                  Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                                  5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                                • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                                  by Sirex
                                  Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                                  5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                                Working...
                                X