No announcement yet.

Worst UT launch ever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hear where your coming from MajorDeath. I think its a great game too, but if nobody complains then nothing will get fixed. The only real complaints I have are the crappy server browser, and the lack of customization. I can adapt to the new game style. Besides I think I paid for the right to complain a bit, I didn't even get a regular manual with it.

Comment

The UI is an annoyance, this is the real problem:

5 people b*tching, 450 people watching the b*tching instead of playing. And there is never any official messages EVER and theres three people looking at nothing. Beta Demo forum should be locked too.
      Last edited by DougBob; 26 Oct 2008, 03:29 PM.
      Old school or the new, doesn't mean a thing if your heart's not true...

Comment

The number of people who have played online more than doubled since last night. That's got to be worth something.

-Rand
        [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
        Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

A factor also is that server support isn't. Many had problems setting up the demo server and aren't interested in the new server yet for many, many reasons.

If the dedicated server was the same high quality and as complete as the game itself, there would be least 500 warfare servers running right now.

The game is 5 out of 5 stars.
          The game server is a 2 out of 5 stars.

Also, keep in mind *the* thing Epic is big on: Single player campaign.
          They don't *expect* the majority to ever go online.

Give it time. It will pick up. It is a fantastic game. Don't worry. Have Fun!
          [url=http://profile.xfire.com/nomadicus][img]http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sf/type/0/nomadicus.png[/img][/url]

Comment

I'm going to agree with the plethora of A list games out right now. Just not enough time in the day to play all of them. Personally i still dont have ut3, and dont plan to get it until my current TF2 addiction goes away (which wont be for a long time)
            Delivering bacon goodness one round at a time.

Comment

Just finshed my first bout. That was awesome!

Comment

I agree about the "worst launch" - I remember previous UT games launching with more anticipation and with more people actually playing them online... This game, however, feels like a stillborn, similar to ETQW, and I highly doubt it will ever get as popular as any previous UT games. And not only because of other released games - I agree with many other people who actually played the game but disliked it for one reason or another, even the people who liked UT2k4 (personally I don't care about game's menus or browser BUT I cannot force myself to like UT3's color palette and lighting, and yes, I've tried every graphical settings/adjustments, from the highest ones to the lowest ones, and yes, my monitor is properly calibrated) :P

Comment

In my poor, uninformed, and lousy opinion, its just the same old UT with better graphics.

The changes are minimal, theres nothing new.

TF2 changed alot, making it almost a new game instead of more of the same.

Odd thing is, I liked the demo, just not enough to rush out and buy it.

Comment

Originally posted by MajorDeath
                    I honestly don't understand how anyone that played UT2k4 can not like this game. To be honest I'm very frustrated with all the negativity about tiny things, and then people acting like its the worst thing ever, and a game killer. Way too many people bashing a game that despite a few minor flaws is great! Just because your manta isn't loud enough, or your shock rifle is a bit harder to own with doesn't make the game horrible. It makes it better. The things that are different that the other UT3's are what will make this one unique.

I'm crossing my fingers that people come around and pick this one up, and learn to love it like they did UT2k4. It really is an awesome game, and deserves to be given a chance.

MD

My sentiments exactly... me and Fuzzbunny played UT3 online for a good 8+ hours today alone...

UT3 is almost perfect for me. It took out all the annoying stuff from UT2k4, added a bunch of cool stuff, and gave it the UT99 feel that we all loved.

It hasn't technically been even a week yet since the USA release... so give it a month before we start seeing more people play- especially since people will get bored of COD4 and Halo3 soon. Plus, i'm sure a bunch of people are getting it as a christmas present

Comment

Im not sure why people are upset with this installment of UT3 (it baffles the mind honestly) Originally, when ut2003/2004, came out, people were infuriated with the feel of it. People thought it was way too quake ish, that it was too easy for people to fly across a map with a dodge, and that adrenaline power ups were redundant.

SO they changed it back to a ut99ish feel! and people are complaining about that???

to live is to adapt.

--------the only fault i find with the game is the single player, but who in their right mind buys a multi player game for its single player?

Comment

Originally posted by Nomadicus
                        A factor also is that server support isn't. Many had problems setting up the demo server and aren't interested in the new server yet for many, many reasons.

If the dedicated server was the same high quality and as complete as the game itself, there would be least 500 warfare servers running right now.

Give it time. It will pick up. It is a fantastic game. Don't worry. Have Fun!

Agree 100%....

Comment

Server support/Admin support is horrid at the moment.

Now, an overall opinion from a diehard UT fan. Those of you who know me know that of the folks frequenting these forums, I've played more 2k4 than anyone. I got the game the day it was released and played it nearly every day until last week when this was released.

UT3 is very "pretty" but essentially unchanged from 2k4. I was looking forward to Warfare as being different from Onslaught but it is exactly the same gametype. In previous press releases we were promised "Warfare will be like Onslaught and Assault combined" which it definitely is not; also we told that we would "huge maps where once the objective was taken it would lead you into the next phase of the map. Once in the next phase, you as an individual could go back to the previous phase giving the appearance of massive sized maps"....don't see that. (Now these weren't exact quotes but those that saw the same interviews know this was the gist of what was said).

Modding is impossible until they fix the compression issue, which apparently is not in the first patch(in beta, changelog has been posted publicly).

the new vehicles are neat, graphics neat, maps neat but still the same game. Quite frankly, I'm having much more fun in COD4 and Crysis at the moment.

The old phrase, "we'll release it when it's done" didn't happen this time.

Comment

Yea but they get that stupid dumbed down version. Most Germans are buying from Amazon.co.uk anyway.
                            i cancelled my preorder as it was delayed 2 times.

So I'm one with the dumbed down version.

But hey, as I can't play, this seems to be the minor problem...
                            Please like Pocket Radio Player on Facebook to support this little Freeware app.

Comment

I think the main reason is that there are more fun games right now...

Based on what I saw from the demo, I'm not planning on buying this game, ever...
                              [img]http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/120/latinsigsj0.jpg[/img] [img]http://sigs.2142-stats.com/BenKenobi_player_7511.png[/img] [img]http://www.ronpaul2008.com/img/public_banners/hope-banner1.gif[/img] [url=http://www.cainslair.com/paypal2Cain.htm/]
                              You will donate to Cain's. Now.[/url]

Comment

True words... COD4, Bioshock, World in Conflict, Company of Heroes OF....

... and guess why I'm still wearing my nano suit...
                                Please like Pocket Radio Player on Facebook to support this little Freeware app.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                                Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                                  by Apache Warrior
                                  6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                                • Reply to 6 years
                                  by Sirex
                                  I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                                  Just hit 2.5K miles...
                                  5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                                • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                                  by Sirex
                                  Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                                  5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                                • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                                  by Sirex
                                  Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                                  5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                                • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                                  by Sirex
                                  Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                                  5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                                Working...
                                X