DSL Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DSL Problem

Well I can't remember when this first started, but its been going on for sometime now. I put up with it, because I wasn't gaming that much online. Now I want to game online a lot more and I need fix the problem.

So here's the problem at random I get disconnected from the internet. I usually always have to power down the modem. I have four lights on my modem sys, atm, dsl, and enet. When I get disconnected the sys light stays green, the atm light is out, the dsl light is flashing, and the enet light is still green. Anyone have any idea's what the problem might be. The modem is very old and I probably would have bought a new one buy now, but there not on the market here in Canada.

I'm not sure what your problem is, but if you have DSL I'm assuming you're with Bell?

If you are and you need to replace the modem, just call them up and tell them something's wrong with yours. Tell them you got someone to look at it or something. They'll send you a new one, and you'll probably have to ship the old one back in the box provided.

I had to replace a modem a couple of years back, and there wasn't a problem. I don't know if their policy has changed at all...

Comment

I'm with bell. I just don't want to go through the hassle to get one, and it not solve my problem. I was hoping someone might know a program I could run to help me troubleshoot it.

Comment

The atm light going red means usually the phone line is bad or questionable. Did you install any new phone equipment or change your phone setup around? Did you remove a filter from a phone?

Comment

have you checked the mirco filters, the thing thing splits up the signal to stop your phone interfereing with the line?

I know i have to replace mine yearly due to well the house kills them, and it does a similar thing when they start to go.

I'm not insane. I'm just overwhelming!

·····••••• Support Cainslair. Donate here!•••••·····
          ·····••••• and get extra options! •••••·····

Comment

The only new thing I can think of is maybe an answering machine, and its plugged into a filter on another jack. I didn't know the filters went bad. Man Iv'e had the same one's for about 8 years. If I can pick some new one's at a local shop, I'll replace them and let you know, but it might take a couple of days.

Thanks for the help.

Comment

Originally posted by Kronos[X
              ]I didn't know the filters went bad.
              Same as any electronic equipment, if they are exposed to damp/humid areas for too long they die, if they are too hot they die, heck I've even had a filter die cos they where around the dogs all day lmao (was possibly their damp coats that caused it).

The cause in this house is, its old, and well it gets 'dampness' a lot, and unfortunately one of my filters sits in an area where there is some, and so is my Main telephone box too, so can imagine that gets replaced by BT every 3-4 years as it starts to rot inside.

I have 2 sets of filters, 1 set on the lines atm, and another set i keep in a cardboard box away from walls etc, and once i start losing syncs and start getting interference setting in i swap them over, let the other inital set recover until i swap over again. (better to swap them all out than just one I say)
              This lots had a good run as the house has been hotter this time round so less dampness.

I'm not insane. I'm just overwhelming!

·····••••• Support Cainslair. Donate here!•••••·····
              ·····••••• and get extra options! •••••·····

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
              Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
              widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X