Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Questions/comments for admins

Comments:
    I have been seeing people, not admins, just people with CLR tags on, warning for language. Nothing wrong with this I dont think, but I see it happening selectively. Which reminds me of clans like DiG, where they will ban you for beating them too badly, or complaining about their cheap tactics.

I saw someone get warned for their language, and right after they had cursed, another player did so, and was not warned. This first player that was warned is a new person, haven't seen him in the server too much.
    Later, one player did it quite a few times, and was never warned. He is a regular, but does not wear the CLR tags.

To me, this makes us all look bad, like we abuse power(which most of us dont have, except forum posting power).

Now the questions:
    Many servers have little screens that pop up when you log into the server with their rules and whatnot. There is not one for Cain's Lair server, are all the random people that stop by really expected to come and read the rules here before playing?
    And if so, what is telling them to do that?

I see this as a problem if we want to become a more popular server.

Good point... I'll re-enable the scrolling messages plugin.

Comment

Snake, if you are noticing odd behavior from a CLR in game or on the forums and don't feel it warrants a "Report a Jerk" post, feel free to PM any of the admins here on the board about what you saw / heard.

[this is where my funky sig would go. But I don't have one.
      So all you get is this crappy text]

Comment

Originally posted by GeneralSnake View Post
        Comments:
        Now the questions:
        Many servers have little screens that pop up when you log into the server with their rules and whatnot. There is not one for Cain's Lair server, are all the random people that stop by really expected to come and read the rules here before playing?
        I definitely agree here. I think customizing the MOTD with rules, etc. would be a good thing to do.

"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a Communist."
        - Dom Helder Camara

Comment

Originally posted by BigTwinky View Post
          Snake, if you are noticing odd behavior from a CLR in game or on the forums and don't feel it warrants a "Report a Jerk" post, feel free to PM any of the admins here on the board about what you saw / heard.

+1
          K3BASFM. "Lead, follow, or get out of the way."
          sigpic

Support Cainslair. Donate here! Cain's Lair Forums

Comment

There is a way to have all the rules pop up when a player joines on his individual sceen. He has to press 1 for "I accept the rules" or 2 for "No i dont accept" and then he is kicked.

Comment

Recon makes a good point.

Comment

Question? who are the admins... I have no idea who to run to if i need help on the server if someone is not being a civilized person.

Comment

Intro screen and scrolling in-game would be wonderfully clarifying.
                  BT, will do.
                  And an admin list(I think there is one somewhere, or some way to filter a members list or something), especially one of active DoDS players would be great. A sticky in the section?

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymous Walrus View Post
                    Question? who are the admins... I have no idea who to run to if i need help on the server if someone is not being a civilized person.
                    There was once a group that you could click on that would list the active game admins on the forums. Not sure if its there.

But there are a bunch of us:
                    Cain, Apache, BlackArrow, Cheeser, Minerva, Gene, Kriotek, Vito, Duke, DougBob, Juneau, Zantheus, HolyhandGrenade, Rand and myself.

You should have us all steam friended and just shoot us a PM if none of us are actually in game.
                    I typically check in with some CLRs I have on Steam and I see no admins on to ensure things are ok on the server

Comment

Originally posted by BigTwinky View Post
                      There was once a group that you could click on that would list the active game admins on the forums. Not sure if its there.

But there are a bunch of us:
                      Cain, Apache, BlackArrow, Cheeser, Minerva, Gene, Kriotek, Vito, Duke, DougBob, Juneau, Zantheus, HolyhandGrenade, Rand and myself.

You should have us all steam friended and just shoot us a PM if none of us are actually in game.
                      I typically check in with some CLRs I have on Steam and I see no admins on to ensure things are ok on the server
                      You left out Sirex.
                      Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
                      Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
                      I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
                      Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

The joy of typing by memory is that you always leave someone out.

Comment

Didnt know Krio was an admin. He must be using admin hax with his nades!

Comment

yup i is but i keep a low profile so its easier to get those haxors when one of the other admins arnt on since they are all well known .

hax i aint using no stinkin hax lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Kriotek View Post
                              hax i aint using no stinkin hax lol.
                              hmmm .. what did you say??
                              K3BASFM. "Lead, follow, or get out of the way."
                              sigpic

Support Cainslair. Donate here! Cain's Lair Forums

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                              Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                                by Apache Warrior
                                6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                              • Reply to 6 years
                                by Sirex
                                I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                                Just hit 2.5K miles...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                              • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                                by Sirex
                                Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                              • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                                by Sirex
                                Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                              • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                                by Sirex
                                Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                              Working...
                              X