Registry problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Registry problem

hey, i have noticed this past week that the DoD:S server has had a hitbox registry problem. i would be very greatful if whoever is in charge of maintaining the server could take some time to look into this, clean the logs or contact the host to see whats up. i hate to complain but when you shoot a guy in the chest twice with a k98 or hit him with a shovel 5 times and he manages to kill you with 100 hp its very frustrating. so once again i would be very greatful if someone could look into this issue. tnx

BrigadeF?hrer Khazard

I thought I was just being rusty the last few days....but maybe I can set this as the excuse! Seriously though I feel like it has been acting somewhat different the last few days... Also, when you check the net_graph 3, the "out:" isn't 100 like I think it should be with 100 tic servers. Am I mistaken? I seem to recall when we first set the server to 100 tic, this value was 100.
    Ahhh...the power of cheese!

Comment

that is probably the problem, if the out does not exceed the in its called "choke" and that can cause registry problems. in css net_graph 1 shows the choke rate but in dod it does not, so if 1 of the other net graphs shows it that would help find the problem, the higher the number of choke the worse it is, either way i would still suggest cleaning out the logs and contacting the host if that does not work

EDIT the server has a choke between 0-20, anything over 10 will usually cause registry problems which means this is most likely the problem, cleaning the logs out usually fixes problems with choke so thats still the best bet

Comment

Originally posted by grimjo View Post
        that is probably the problem, if the out does not exceed the in its called "choke" and that can cause registry problems. in css net_graph 1 shows the choke rate but in dod it does not, so if 1 of the other net graphs shows it that would help find the problem, the higher the number of choke the worse it is, either way i would still suggest cleaning out the logs and contacting the host if that does not work

EDIT the server has a choke between 0-20, anything over 10 will usually cause registry problems which means this is most likely the problem, cleaning the logs out usually fixes problems with choke so thats still the best bet
        Ahhh...the power of cheese!

Comment

I have had the same problem.

Comment

Originally posted by ch33s3r View Post
            I thought I was just being rusty the last few days....but maybe I can set this as the excuse! Seriously though I feel like it has been acting somewhat different the last few days... Also, when you check the net_graph 3, the "out:" isn't 100 like I think it should be with 100 tic servers. Am I mistaken? I seem to recall when we first set the server to 100 tic, this value was 100.
            LOL i was there that day & yes you swapped weapons because of it.

Comment

Ha...a good excuse for my lame skills of late!
              [url]http://bf4stats.com/ps3/andy_uranium[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by andyION View Post
                Ha...a good excuse for my lame skills of late!
                lol

Comment

What excuse can i have for my great rounds as of late?

Leave the server alone dammit!

Comment

so.....when is it going to get fixed?

Comment

I've informed Cain of this thread just in case he hasn't noticed it.

Comment

Originally posted by juneau View Post
                        I've informed Cain of this thread just in case he hasn't noticed it.
                        ok thanks

Comment

how long is this going to take, it will be 1 week tomorrow. it would be nice if this gets taken care of a lil bit faster cuz its getting annoying to play on the server

Comment

Originally posted by grimjo View Post

How do you go about doing this?

Comment

Hi Grimjo,

I have played on the server and not seen any problems.

DOD has some known issues like the "kevlar arms" problem which is intermittent, but problematic.

Where are you located, I suspect there may be some packets being dropped between me and you.

Also what are your settings for:

rate
                              fps_max
                              cl_updaterate
                              cl_cmdrate

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                              Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                                by Apache Warrior
                                6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                              • Reply to 6 years
                                by Sirex
                                I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                                Just hit 2.5K miles...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                              • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                                by Sirex
                                Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                              • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                                by Sirex
                                Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                              • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                                by Sirex
                                Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                              Working...
                              X