Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oh wise and wonderful Forum members.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WalkinTarget
    I'm not sure I know the full extent of the situation, but I can regedit to my heart's content from my BartPE live CD and I am actively editing the content of my Windows registry.

That is how I am able to remove any references to trojans/malware that cannot be removed from within Windows. Simply boot to it and then click on ''Go' ->'Run' then type in regedit and ... its .. REGEDIT !

Your issues may be more convoluted than what I managed to digest from the post, but my only problem with a Live CD has been getting an external drive recognized so that I could plug in an external HD or USB drive and copy data to that.

I find that BartPE is easier than Windows Live

Comment

Re: Oh wise and wonderful Forum members.....

Originally posted by darth_nevus
      does ANYONE know how to edit the registry from the windows repair console? or how to do a system restore from the repair consle, or ANYTHING to get it back up and running without a reinstall, etc.

Feed me your answers... mock me later.
      When I accidentally messed up my registry on my computer, I had to do a destructive format of my hard drive and then had to reinstall XP with all of my programs, because you cannot repair individual system or registry files. If one file is corrupted, nothing works (at least that is what happened to me) Was not pretty or fun. Might want to turn to the professionals...just my opinion.
      We work in the dark, to serve the light. We are Assassins.

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyler721
        does ANYONE know how to edit the registry from the windows repair console? or how to do a system restore from the repair consle, or ANYTHING to get it back up and running without a reinstall, etc.

When I accidentally messed up my registry on my computer, I had to do a destructive format of my hard drive and then had to reinstall XP with all of my programs, because you cannot repair individual system or registry files. If one file is corrupted, nothing works (at least that is what happened to me) Was not pretty or fun. Might want to turn to the professionals...just my opinion.
        Please read all of the posts above yours... Not trying to be mean, simply pointing out that there are a LOT of very smart people here who do this sort of work all the time.
        [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v491/echosofbliss/seiko8wy.gif[/IMG]

Comment

Originally posted by Kyler721

You might wanna read the entire thread before responding....

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
          Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
            by Apache Warrior
            6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
          • Reply to 6 years
            by Sirex
            I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
            Just hit 2.5K miles...
            5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
          • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
            by Sirex
            Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
            5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
          • Reply to Hell Let Loose
            by Sirex
            Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
            5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
          • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
            by Sirex
            Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
            5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
          Working...
          X