X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

512MB 8800GTS Tested

Here it is:

http://www.tweaktown.com/articles/12...ted/index.html

I don't know, doesn't seem that more powerful than the GT. The better cooling is a plus, just have to wait and see what the street price is.

Edited for typos.
    Old school or the new, doesn't mean a thing if your heart's not true...

What would be the best one to buy right now from the 8800 series ($250-$400 MAX)
    We work in the dark, to serve the light. We are Assassins.

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyler721
      What would be the best one to buy right now from the 8800 series ($250-$400 MAX)
      A 8800gt card mate

Comment

Still about as powerful as a GTX.
        [img]http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/120/latinsigsj0.jpg[/img] [img]http://sigs.2142-stats.com/BenKenobi_player_7511.png[/img] [img]http://www.ronpaul2008.com/img/public_banners/hope-banner1.gif[/img] [url=http://www.cainslair.com/paypal2Cain.htm/]
        You will donate to Cain's. Now.[/url]

Comment

Yea the GT is still the card to go for. It all depends on price at the moment. The GT cards price has inflated a lot due to poor quantities of stock. So depending how well the stock for the GTS is put out, it might not be much more in price... for the time being.

If the card is only $50-70 more i think it's worth it, just for the stock cooler. To put it bluntly the GT stock cooler is one of the worst since the 7900/7950gt cards.

Comment

Originally posted by juneau
            If the card is only $50-70 more i think it's worth it, just for the stock cooler. To put it bluntly the GT stock cooler is one of the worst since the 7900/7950gt cards.
            I have to agree with that. I think one will have to act quickly when the cards are released. When the GT first appeared on a few sites they did debut at $239.00, but by the evening they were up to $299. If I can get a GTS512 at $350 I think I go for it, but if supply and demand takes it over $400 I'd wait on it.
            Old school or the new, doesn't mean a thing if your heart's not true...

Comment

Geforce 9xxx arrives around February 2008.
              Why waste money before xmas?

This card is a paperlaunch anyway.
              Please like Pocket Radio Player on Facebook to support this little Freeware app.

Comment

Originally posted by Grisu

+1. scare availability of both g92 based cards makes me just want to wait for the 9x series. reminds me of the 68xx series cards. lots of hype, but nowhere to be found...

Comment

Originally posted by darth_nevus

+1. scare availability of both g92 based cards makes me just want to wait for the 9x series. reminds me of the 68xx series cards. lots of hype, but nowhere to be found...
                  I thought that was next year, like NEXT christmas...Site your source?
                  We work in the dark, to serve the light. We are Assassins.

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

Comment

Source: http://www.digitimes.com/news/a20071129PD216.html
                    Please like Pocket Radio Player on Facebook to support this little Freeware app.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyler721
                      Buy 8800GT, it's currently the best "priceerformance" card out there and this is what I got for myself. Very fast by default, overclocks very well (if you're into such things), and if you aren't satisfied with its default cooling - there are plenty of aftermarket coolers available for it already. Don't listen to the people who say "wait for the next generation of the card to buy" - there's ALWAYS a "next generation" card being released every few months and if you'll listen to those people you might end up being stuck in never-ending waiting period, if you know what I mean

Comment

So true, but these next gen cards offer DX10.1 + SM4.1 + 65/55nm process.
                        - Sounds really jummy!

Even a 8800GT can't run Crysis in higher detail levels. So better wait...

Comment

So true, but these next gen cards offer DX10.1 + SM4.1 + 65/55nm process.
                          - Sounds really jummy!

Even a 8800GT can't run Crysis in higher detail levels. So better wait...
                          I can run Cryis on high and some very high setting with no AA on my 8800gt if I put all setting on high i can play it with x4 AA on with out a problem.

Comment

On Vista? Doubt that. If so that's nice.

Comment

On Vista? Doubt that. If so that's nice.
                              Stright up do not knock the card and it not an overclocked 8800gt, and Yes I'm running vista.

My system Spec

Core2Quad 2.40mhz
                              Cosair DDR2 XMS 800mhz 2 Gig memory
                              XFX 8800GT Alpha Dog Edition 512 meg card
                              500Gig x 2 Seagate Barracuda Sata 2 with 32 meg Cache.
                              Windows Vista Prem 32 Bit.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                              Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                                by Apache Warrior
                                6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                              • Reply to 6 years
                                by Sirex
                                I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                                Just hit 2.5K miles...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                              • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                                by Sirex
                                Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                              • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                                by Sirex
                                Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                              • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                                by Sirex
                                Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                              Working...
                              X