No announcement yet.

ArmA 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think this game is a good choice for Cain. Mostly hardcore realism gamers will find this attractive.

Basically, you have WAY too many controls to worry about for any casual gamer. To do anything in that game requires strict teamwork with communication between players completely vital. This means that you'll need a large Ventrilo or Teamspeak server.

I mean, we could jump in TF2 "style" but everyone would be everywhere doing everything and thus wouldn't be fun at all.

The learning curve is ridiculous. Expect a casual gamer to spend AT LEAST a good week just learning how to operate vehicles decently as well as getting into the "groove" of the game. I believe a joystick is essentially a must for operating helicopters and jets - I could be wrong.

On top of all that are the visual, gameplay, and system glitches that occur while playing. I tried the game about 3 or 4 months ago so things may have very well changed but I doubt it.

You will need a relatively high-end system to play this game under high settings with acceptable frame-rate (of course "acceptable" is relatively subjective).

I for one am a huge realism enthusiast and would not recommend this game for anyone who isn't serious about realism gaming. I think this would prove to be frustrating more often than fun for the majority of the community
    Last edited by Freaktion; 14 Feb 2010, 08:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Freaktion View Post
      Basically, you have WAY too many controls to worry about for any casual gamer. To do anything in that game requires strict teamwork with communication between players completely vital. This means that you'll need a large Ventrilo or Teamspeak server.

I mean, we could jump in TF2 "style" but everyone would be everywhere doing everything and thus wouldn't be fun at all.

The learning curve is ridiculous. Expect a casual gamer to spend AT LEAST a good week just learning how to operate vehicles decently as well as getting into the "groove" of the game. I believe a joystick is essentially a must for operating helicopters and jets - I could be wrong.
      That's why I like it. Noob smacktards hate it. No jump and frag. And the group I play with is supremely organized. We assign M.O.S. and follow orders.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Originally posted by MR_MADHATTER View Post
        That's why I like it. Noob smacktards hate it. No jump and frag. And the group I play with is supremely organized. We assign M.O.S. and follow orders.
        Exactly. Have you ever done a BF2 tour? I absolutely LOVE organised and realistic battles. It's even better when you're in a coordinate Ventrilo or Teamspeak server. You really only meet higher end players in these types of games/tournaments.

Best type over gaming ever.

Comment

As a matter of fact I did do BF2 tours with 2nd Marine corps on BF2 Combat.net. But someone P.O.ed our air wing and we lost alot of good guys. After that I got tired of getting owned by 3IF and bailed myself. I did have the good fortune to hook-up with Grand Master Guess, 60 Minutes Reporter and a few other high ranking players and did some skrimages including one where we handed out 25 purple hearts in one round. SWEEEEET! But ArmA II is all I play now. (see sig below)
          [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
          Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
            by Apache Warrior
            6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
          • Reply to 6 years
            by Sirex
            I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
            Just hit 2.5K miles...
            5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
          • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
            by Sirex
            Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
            5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
          • Reply to Hell Let Loose
            by Sirex
            Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
            5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
          • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
            by Sirex
            Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
            5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
          Working...
          X