Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help!

Ok, first of all I don't have Crysis Wars, just Crysis, but this was the closest forum topic. I've just installed the game, started maximizing settings, and then hit a roadblock. For some reason the game DOES NOT LIKE 1920X1080! Does anyone know how I can get full resolution, or if I even can? I'm more than satisfied with the game as is, but it's a nuisance knowing that I could crank up my resolution all the way, too.

Don't know if you'll need any system info, but....

XFX HD-489A-ZDFC Radeon HD 4890 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card

Intel Core2 Duo E7500 Wolfdale 2.93GHz LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor Model BX80571E7500

and 4 gigs of RAM.

(yes I pasted from newegg)

The monitor is: Newegg.com - Hanns Built in Speakers - LCD Monitors

Any help is appreciated, maybe I should've put this in the computer lab...

Try changing 59-75Hz. I have no idea what those Hz mean, or do, but it worked on other games I've played.

Comment

What exactly is it doin?
      I know for a fact the game is very demanding even on modern hardware.
      Also I would OC that wolfdale.

Comment

Originally posted by homosapien15 View Post
        Ok, first of all I don't have Crysis Wars, just Crysis, but this was the closest forum topic. I've just installed the game, started maximizing settings, and then hit a roadblock. For some reason the game DOES NOT LIKE 1920X1080! Does anyone know how I can get full resolution, or if I even can? I'm more than satisfied with the game as is, but it's a nuisance knowing that I could crank up my resolution all the way, too.

Don't know if you'll need any system info, but....

XFX HD-489A-ZDFC Radeon HD 4890 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card

Intel Core2 Duo E7500 Wolfdale 2.93GHz LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor Model BX80571E7500

and 4 gigs of RAM.

(yes I pasted from newegg)

The monitor is: Newegg.com - Hanns Built in Speakers - LCD Monitors

Any help is appreciated, maybe I should've put this in the computer lab...

I run mine in 1680x1050 wide screen. Is the 1920x1080 option just not available or does it just not act right, e.g. jumpy, slow, etc?
        [IMG]http://thepebkac.net/images/sigs/Outdoors_sig.jpg[/IMG]
        Like the community? Donate here:
        [URL="http://www.cainslair.com/misc.php?do=donate"]http://www.cainslair.com/misc.php?do=donate[/URL]

Comment

K Phantom I'll try your suggestion first, later today, see what happens.

Donzi, yeah I need to get around to overclocking, it just hasn't been high on my to do list since this computer replaced my macbook for gaming, and needless to say runs like a stallion vs a donkey with 3 legs. As for the effect, I'll go into 1080p and the game will just crash I guess is the word for it.

That should answer your question Doug, the resolution just doesn't even work in the first place. Since my monitor seems to hate 1680x1050 I dropped I believe to 1440xsomething. I mean the game still looks fabulous, and the monitor was a great deal, so even if I can't get it to work I'm happy, but thanks to you all so far for your help in trying to get me full res

I'll get back to you after trying phantom's suggestion

Comment

Well I poked around on the net and i dont see any issues listing from your description. Do you have the latest drivers?
            Are you using any compatibility modes or any special GPU settings?
            I noticed on your monitor it has VGA and HDMI, are you using the vga? and if so do you have an HDMI plug you can use?
            From what I have read not all monitors can do 1080P with VGA.

And you will find with some games that your CPU at its current speed will be the bottleneck not your video card. But I doubt that is the case right now.
            If you can run other games at 1080p then its most likely a driver/setting issue. Only problem with pc's is there is so many things that can go wrong.

Comment

I tried mr phantom's approach, but was already set a 60Hz, so I guess that didn't do it.

Donzi, I'm using the HDMI now so that's not the problem. As far as I know, I'm not running anything special regarding compatability or GPU settings. I just installed the graphics card and its drivers and went from there. I'll check for updated drivers and snoop around in my card's settings this week (when I get the bloody time and resolve). Also, I know my processor is a bit weak right now, comparatively speaking, so maybe I'll take a look at what Crysis demands from my processor.... I have been meaning to overclock soon anyway.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
              Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                by Apache Warrior
                6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
              • Reply to 6 years
                by Sirex
                I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                Just hit 2.5K miles...
                5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
              • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                by Sirex
                Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
              • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                by Sirex
                Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
              • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                by Sirex
                Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
              Working...
              X