No announcement yet.

Barebones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

O ok..thanks for ur help...im going to start getting my money together and start buy in a week or 2... i am going to keep posting things that i think look good so i can learn more...and is there any books that you recomend i read...or other sites that i look so i learn...thank you for your help...

Comment

That would be helpful.
      Could use the savings to future proof other things. Get a nicer more user friendly case.
      BTW those metal grates that are just holes drilled into them i find a Dremel works good on them, then just buy cheap fan grills.

I would search around for a p45ish or nforce 750i motherboard in the $110-150 range. To bad EVGA stopped making there 750I ftw since it had SLI in the 16x16 format instead of 8x8 for normal 750i. Nice oc and stable to and your not getting my 750i FTW so dont ask

The p45's will support Crossfire and the 750I's or any 700 series will support SLI.

Maybe even look at the p48 chipset, but only if you plan on ever buying video cards that have to have pci e higher then 8x.

Did some digging and any GPU's HD 4890 or slower and GTX 285 or slower only need an 8X pcie slot, but anything faster does.

Or you could even stick with the micro atx mobo's and just buy a decent gpu now and then in 2 years buy a faster card and by then pcie 3.0 or 32x or something will be out and in like 4 years we can all buy something new lol.

Comment

Its a Shame you did not post about you need parts a couple of weeks a go before I made a Deal with Philgod111 for my old parts.

These was My Old parts I'm selling to Phil cheap as well mate.

Asus P6T Sok 1366 Motherboard
        Corsair Xms 3 DDR3 12800 1600 mhz Memory 6 Gig
        ATi 4890 Graphic card
        Asus Sound Card
        1 Seagate 500 Gig Hd 32 meg Cach
        1 Seagate 250 gig HD

And yes I would have shipped them Sate Side as well.

Comment

You call that old?

Comment

Originally posted by Donziboy2 View Post
            You call that old?

That's ancient for GR.

@kingcboy:

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/

There is a wealth of knowledge on these forums. Some of the threads won't be useful to you (ala spec me a ....) thread. But the rest will help you a lot if you get stuck on anything or have a question about your build.

Comment

Originally posted by juneau View Post
              That's ancient for GR.

@kingcboy:

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/

There is a wealth of knowledge on these forums. Some of the threads won't be useful to you (ala spec me a ....) thread. But the rest will help you a lot if you get stuck on anything or have a question about your build.
              I have to agree with juneau's The OC forums are full off helpful people

Comment

Originally posted by Donziboy2 View Post
                You call that old?

Well Yes lol

Comment

And im a very lucky boy

Comment

and you're not getting my 750i FTW so dont ask
                    Likewise !! I'm not giving him MINE either, but I guess he could buy it if I was in an upgrading mood, which I'm not.
                    Actually, my 750 FTW and Q6700@ 3.5 is a great choice for what he wants to build.

I've already offered up a monster case (http://www.economicalitsolutions.com..._800562-a1.jpg) and PSU, so he has some nice parts to start with.
                    Oh if a man tried to take his time on Earth and prove before he died what one man's life could be worth, well I wonder what would happen to this world ? - Harry Chapin

Comment

What is that case WT? Looks like a cross between a Lian Li and a, erm, argh can't think of the name lol. Pretty sure it has a dragon symbol and most of the cases had big ridges at the front. Came on different colours too like red, blue.

Oh dear.

Edit: Ah ha! Chieftec.

edit: BX02

Looks familiar.

Comment

Yep, I'd first seen this case used by a boutique builder years back known as Systemax.
                        I picked up off of CL for $20, then built a Win7 test rig around it. I sold everything but the case over the summer, so I've been keeping it for that 'special' project that I may end up deciding to build eventually.

I'm sure we have kingcboy's head spinning by now, so we'll continue to discuss the possibilities and options on this build. Keep the suggestions coming in as well. The more info he gets from you guys, the more he will know what is available.
                        Oh if a man tried to take his time on Earth and prove before he died what one man's life could be worth, well I wonder what would happen to this world ? - Harry Chapin

Comment

true that my head is spinning but..i dont care im learning computer stuff so its all good...

Comment

Originally posted by kingcboy View Post
                            true that my head is spinning but..i dont care im learning computer stuff so its all good...

Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
                            Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
                            I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
                            Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Chatted with kingcboy on the phone and he is upping the budget to $700 to make sure he can get the most out of this build.

So with that in mind, I like my build for the price:

Cost:
                              CPU - $200
                              Mainbd - $170
                              RAM - $76
                              Video - $195
                              HD - $70
                              Total - $645

Refer to my post on page 1 for details, but I would now go with the following video card:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814150359

The XFX 4890 double lifetime warranty card for $195. That brings our price to $711 minus tax. He already has a copy of Win 7 Professional and a case and PSU.

Edited for a reworking of the hardware.
                              Last edited by WalkinTarget; 19 Oct 2009, 07:29 PM.

Comment

wow nice card... and i will have the 500 bucks tomorrow and 200 whenever i need it...

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                                Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                                  by Apache Warrior
                                  6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                                • Reply to 6 years
                                  by Sirex
                                  I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                                  Just hit 2.5K miles...
                                  5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                                • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                                  by Sirex
                                  Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                                  5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                                • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                                  by Sirex
                                  Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                                  5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                                • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                                  by Sirex
                                  Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                                  5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                                Working...
                                X