Sad "news" for all of the PC community of the world

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sad "news" for all of the PC community of the world

Ok, let me say first one of the good news is that MW2 is not delayed Robert offically confirmed it on twitter and on a webcast...

Now the sad news...
    Me phantom and warhead was listing to this interview

BASHandSlash.com - The BASH Webcast Live

Im trying to summarize the content as shortly as I can from the BASHandSlash.com - Home webcast and only highlight the sad points of the info that was said untill they can get a replay of the interview up. from this morning webcast interview with Robert (fourzerotwo)

*There will be "no" dedicated servers, only a match type system similar to the 360 LIVE called IWnet. We "pc people" will host the game
    *The charging for the DLC (download content) was brought up and 402 didnt have much info on it but the words "I hope so" from him was said.
    *There wont be much any of the MOD communities
    *No more PunkBuster

I been wondering serveral things:

Could this be the reason for the "rumor" delay that was going around for the PC? They couldnt get the "dedicated server" stuff in-time for the mw2 release date so they just did aways with the dedicate server stuff since IW had been on the quite side of things about this rumor untill today.

I had been wondering why hasnt there been anyinfo on http://www.evenbalance.com for the PB and I guess the "no dedicated servers" had something to do with it. Alot of people are upset, Who was IW research circle group that told em that this is what "we" wanted
    Last edited by Caddys83; 17 Oct 2009, 04:37 PM. Reason: update a info

No dedicated servers

Charging for DLC

No mods

Steam support

Guess as long as it doesn't have Games for Windows Live I'll still buy it.
    [url=http://profile.xfire.com/guile787][img]http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/1/guile787.png[/img][/url]

Comment

Caddy, Should this game be bought for a console then? If the PC version is going to end up like the info. you gave us.

Comment

OK the webcast replay interview is up:
        http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/2369799

be sure to scroll the clip to 1:38 cause the webcast is into 1 hour and 38 mins into the show untill Robert (forzerotwo) enters the webcast interview

Todd98- Honestly... I cant answer that question. I'm still somewhat shocked from the interview I just listened to. (yeah for a game lol) I mean, I have co-workers who have the 360 and they are getting MW2 for the 360 so I may just move my PC pre-order to the 360. I did reserved the PC copy so I can play here on Cains Lair and umm... I'm not going to lie, on other other servers as well and for the mod maps.

Comment

Well if this is true, i am canceling my preorder for 3 games at amazon. Good job IW.

Comment

This sounds horrible. What were they thinking? I'm going to hold off on buying it.
            Ahhh...the power of cheese!

Comment

Another yay for consoles killing PC's. Way to go. I won't be joining the kiddy friendly joypad brigade.

Pre-order cancelled.

Nice to see they left it this late to announce it btw. I can bet they had this idea months ago. I know i probably shouldn't say this, but i hope MW2 now becomes the most pirated PC game of all time.

Comment

canceled I can't take the risk.

Comment

Originally posted by juneau View Post
                  Another yay for consoles killing PC's. Way to go. I won't be joining the kiddy friendly joypad brigade.

Pre-order cancelled.

Nice to see they left it this late to announce it btw. I can bet they had this idea months ago. I know i probably shouldn't say this, but i hope MW2 now becomes the most pirated PC game of all time.
                  Same here. Order canceled!

Comment

Yup called Gamestop and asked on their policy on Canceling preorders and they said full refund based on your payment method. I paid in cash and he asked if I was canceling MW2. Without even me giving my name or anything. Now that says something... I'm going to take a picture of my receipt and post it on their forums. Guess it's more COD4. See ya guys ingame.

Comment

After the interview with Robert (fourzerotwo) the show continued for about a hour or so more in the chat from the webcast, alot of people was posting they are canceling their pre-orders as well.

Comment

Originally posted by K PhaNTOM View Post
                        Yup called Gamestop and asked on their policy on Canceling preorders and they said full refund based on your payment method. I paid in cash and he asked if I was canceling MW2. Without even me giving my name or anything.
                        LOL! That's awesome
                        Ahhh...the power of cheese!

Comment

Comment

For IW:

Dear ****** ******,

Your order has been successfully canceled. For your reference, here's a summary of your order:

You just canceled order #104-02072-5658 placed on September 12, 2009.

__________________________________________________ ___________________

3 of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Sold by: Amazon.com, LLC

Total: $179.97
                            Important Messages
                            This order has been cancelled.

Comment

The sad thing is that IW won't get the message. They knew this would cause a mass outcry yet they went ahead with it anyway.

Even if dedicated servers are added at a later date, i still wont' be buying this game as it'll be dead in the water or have a similar fanbase to W@W.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                              Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                                by Apache Warrior
                                6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                              • Reply to 6 years
                                by Sirex
                                I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                                Just hit 2.5K miles...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                              • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                                by Sirex
                                Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                              • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                                by Sirex
                                Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                              • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                                by Sirex
                                Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                              Working...
                              X