Sad "news" for all of the PC community of the world

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by K PhaNTOM View Post
    Lol. Looks like it's time for those snipers to eliminate the problem.

Comment

IW Scriptacus responds to some questions

The following applies to Playlists:

- the map: Not directly, though you can vote to skip maps that you dislike. Additionaly, we can update the playlists based on player feedback. (e.g. if people dislike playing Highrise in SD, we can remove it)
      - the min players: Each playlist has a minimum and a maximum number of players.
      - friendly fire: Also a per playlist setting; hardcore playlists tend to have FF enabled.
      - weapons: All weapons are available at all times in all playlists.

To clarify; a Playlist is a set of gametypes, maps and rules (player count, health, friendly fire, gametype, bomb timers, score limit, etc...). So we make the "Search and Destroy" playlist. It's regular SD, 12-16 players, no respawns, etc... Then we can also make a "Hardcore Search and Destroy" playlist. It's SD, 12-16 players, no hud, low health, etc... But we can also make a "Hardcore Team Tactical" playlist. It's got all the standard hardcore rules, but it's 6-12 players, has smaller maps, and the gametypes might be Hardore SD, Elimination TDM, etc...
      All of this is stuff we can update very easily.

Private Match:
      Pick any map, gametype, and rules that you want. Play with as many or as few people as you want (up to the max limit). People can join in progress as they please. You can't disable specific weapons, but it's your server and if someone isn't playing by your rules you can boot them.

There's also the possibility this will be expanded upon in future patches. (I can't promise this of course, cause that's not my call to make)

And on that note, try to keep in mind that we're not just throwing this whole system out there and then washing our hands of it. We will be watching, playing and evaluating what works and what doesn't. The nice thing about PC vs the other platforms is that it's a lot easier to patch after we ship

But then in a different topic referring to the topic in question

The information being quoted was an example and is not the official limit

Comment

Originally posted by Caddys83 View Post

The information being quoted was an example and is not the official limit
        Do you know what kind of machine you need to run a 50 man listen server? A none-existence one.

Comment

Do you know what kind of machine you need to run a 50 man listen server? A none-existence one.
          What you talking about Willis

The Nvidia Tesla S1070 could hang

Comment

Thats not so sure...

Destructoid - Locke's Community Blog

Comment

"We're just prioritizing the player experience above the modders and the tuners,"
              Uh huh, sure. Not just prioritising the "forced annual rehashes putting money in Activision's pocket" experience then.

Comment

lol my receipt is now everywhere.

Comment

lol my receipt is now everywhere.
                  damn and to think I was going to photoshop that KP out and name u Jason Loser with the letters from the ticket

Comment

oh wow, this is starting to take off

Comment

. Online gaming for console been around just as long as online PC gaming.

Nope not even close. Personally played 4 person Doom over NetBIOS creashing my employers poorly designed WAN (seagate if you must know) in 1993 and in 1991 this over IPX

Spectre was a computer game for the Apple Macintosh, released in 1991 by Velocity Development and Peninsula Gameworks. It was a 3D tank battle reminiscent of the arcade game Battlezone, and was one of the first multiplayer network games. Later games in the series were released for the PC and Nintendo Super NES, with Spectre VR being named to a number of lists of best video games.

And for that matter network snipes over IPX as well in 89

Comment

Originally posted by mapes View Post
                        Nope not even close. Personally played 4 person Doom over NetBIOS creashing my employers poorly designed WAN (seagate if you must know) in 1993 and in 1991 this over IPX

We used to play descent on the LAN at ERAU in the early 90's.
                        [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4373/35734799443_53cb20ef13_z.jpg[/img]

Killed by CLRs since 2004. WOOT!
                        Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Yes it is Caddy, that is awesome
                          [IMG]http://thepebkac.net/images/sigs/Outdoors_sig.jpg[/IMG]
                          Like the community? Donate here:
                          [URL="http://www.cainslair.com/misc.php?do=donate"]http://www.cainslair.com/misc.php?do=donate[/URL]

Comment

Originally posted by mapes View Post

The key word is "just as long" pc online gaming didn't really took off untill what 94 or so. Xband came around in 95 and the sega netlink around 97

Comment

The key word is "just as long" pc online gaming didn't really took off untill what 94 or so. Xband came around in 95 and the sega netlink around 97
                              Six years difference does not equate to equal

Comment

I think caddys is comparing Online PC gaming to General Console gaming. PC had been working on netz way before consoles were able to, way before.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                                Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                                  by Apache Warrior
                                  6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                                • Reply to 6 years
                                  by Sirex
                                  I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                                  Just hit 2.5K miles...
                                  5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                                • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                                  by Sirex
                                  Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                                  5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                                • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                                  by Sirex
                                  Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                                  5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                                • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                                  by Sirex
                                  Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                                  5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                                Working...
                                X