No announcement yet.

What to play now.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well we could try to get some people together for some Operation Flashpoint DR, but other than that i think that COD4 and maybe BF2/2142 are our best bets for the short term. Borderlands is gonna be EPIC, and BC2 looks good as well.

Comment

Operation Flashpoint needs a patch pretty badly atm. No cheat protection and the lack of maps is bothering me. I guess that really doesn't matter in a coop story, but I want to be able to roam around the island with friends and have fun. No point in touting how large the map is and it takes 9 hours to walk across it if I can only play on 1/10th of it.

I think I am going to order Borderlands. Between that and l4d2 I should be fine and not be too sad that BC2 doesn't come till March.
      Motivate

Comment

get a CLR BF2 server going again. I'm having a blast with the latest patch with the EF/AF maps.

Comment

I'll head to the COD4 server just as soon as I get myself another drink.

Comment

Blah... nevermind. I was playing the Quake Wars Demo and I was going to say perhaps Quake Wars but just found out on gamemonitor the numbers of players are not enough I can't believe I skiped the quake series
            Last edited by Caddys83; 20 Oct 2009, 03:20 AM. Reason: blah nevermind

Comment

Well, all I have over here is Cod4 , WaW, and DoD Source. I wont be buying anything until I get home no matter what you guys decide on. Thats about it. I'll wait and see what we decide and settle on. I still got all of Nov. Dec. and part of Jan. so thats a long time, and we should be where we want to be game wise in that amount of time.

So I guess I'll see you guys in the Cod4 server with 600+... gotta love it.
              [COLOR="#008080"][/COLOR][SIZE="5"][COLOR="LightBlue"][B]Not everything that counts on the battlefield is countable.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by Caddys83 View Post
                Blah... nevermind. I was playing the Quake Wars Demo and I was going to say perhaps Quake Wars but just found out on gamemonitor the numbers of players are not enough I can't believe I skiped the quake series
                Lol. I played that Quake Wars for a little while. Some cool aspects it had...but the play was not too smooth over the internet. Don't know that it'd be worth messin with, but anything's fun with CLRs (knowing full well I never bought DOD).

Comment

Originally posted by Caddys83 View Post
                  Trust us, you didn't miss much. Very few of us picked it up after Cain ran a demo server.

Crysis Wars was MUCH more fun, but a) nobody bought it, and b) the hardware requirements were sick.

-Rand
                  [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
                  Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

I think it should be Bf2 sever

Comment

The sad fact is people that a lot of our BF players left. The majority of people here we're attracted to the Lair via COD4. This is why we chose on running the COD4 server again as we'd have a better chance of getting some form of a fanbase back.

We're doing OK, but we could do with everybody who has the game to actually play it every once in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by juneau View Post
                        We're doing OK, but we could do with everybody who has the game to actually play it every once in a while.
                        So says mr. AFK.

Comment

Juneau.... being a spectator doesnt count. ..

Well the way I see it , is that almost everyone was waiting for MW2. So now that its under the bus, maybe people with start back playing Cod4 .. maybe. Like I said earlier, this is leaving the door open for some other developer to step up to the plate.(sorry Phan)..

So, until then, maybe everyone is back to playing Cod4 if they know they cant do MW2. It's too early to judge yet. But probably the population will begin to pick up for all servers now.

I'm still waitin to hear from scratch daddy Cain himself.
                          [COLOR="#008080"][/COLOR][SIZE="5"][COLOR="LightBlue"][B]Not everything that counts on the battlefield is countable.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by {CLR} Cobalt View Post
                            Juneau.... being a spectator doesnt count. ..

Well the way I see it , is that almost everyone was waiting for MW2. So now that its under the bus, maybe people with start back playing Cod4 .. maybe. Like I said earlier, this is leaving the door open for some other developer to step up to the plate.(sorry Phan)..

So, until then, maybe everyone is back to playing Cod4 if they know they cant do MW2. It's too early to judge yet. But probably the population will begin to pick up for all servers now.

I'm still waitin to hear from scratch daddy Cain himself.
                            I was also waiting on MW2 to make a full-time comeback to the lair (I was very disappointed in DoD:S). What I want to know is what Cain has planned! If he decides to stick to CoD4, I will probably go and buy it off D2D. Unless, of course, he is waiting for another game to come out soon.
                            [img]http://www.fpsreport.com/tuqui/Sig01.jpg[/img]

Comment

I've been thinking about buying CoD4, but I hesitate spending $40 when I'm unsure of the longevity of the game being hosted around here.

Comment

let go back to team fortress
                                Hit 'em like comic books, kaboom! pow pow!

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                                Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                                  by Apache Warrior
                                  6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                                • Reply to 6 years
                                  by Sirex
                                  I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                                  Just hit 2.5K miles...
                                  5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                                • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                                  by Sirex
                                  Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                                  5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                                • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                                  by Sirex
                                  Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                                  5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                                • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                                  by Sirex
                                  Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                                  5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                                Working...
                                X