Do PC really affect sales?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do PC really affect sales?

Can we really convince IW to change? So I been looking at that Petition and so far its 70580 signature and I think a good portion is fake meaning by people double, triple and who know how many extra signatures they signed. Anyway lets round up the number to 71,000

X 60.00
    _________

$4,260,000.

thats about 4 million they stand to lose on CODmw2 alone if the numbers are correct. And thats not takin into account the cost of makin the DVD, case, book

Last year Activision (the publisher) took in total $2,505,166,000. thats over 2 billion dollars according to the 2008 share holders report if you take out the PC total over all sales ($156,068,000.). It would still pull in a profit of $2,349,098,000. total without pc.

http://files.shareholder.com/downloa...08_AR_full.pdf

If you look at the numbers, PC lags way behind

Comment

IW does not make that much. At least 50% or more goes to the retailer.
      Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
      Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
      I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
      Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Apache Warrior View Post
        IW does not make that much. At least 50% or more goes to the retailer.
        Apache
        I understand that, I just can't find how much was paid to IW

Comment

Well, from a bean counter standpoint, (of which I'm not) they probably understood that there would be an outcry, but figured the percentages were low enough to go ahead on a risk/reward ratio.

But like I said earlier, most all gaming companies wouldnt even be in business if it werent for the PC. It just amazes me that they would risk this type of revenue to do what they have done.

I do know this. The single player will be the most pirated title to ever come across the board. How much more revenue loss is that.

I wonder if there is a way to mod it to still play with a dedicated server some how.
          [COLOR="#008080"][/COLOR][SIZE="5"][COLOR="LightBlue"][B]Not everything that counts on the battlefield is countable.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by {CLR} Cobalt View Post
            Well, from a bean counter standpoint, (of which I'm not) they probably understood that there would be an outcry, but figured the percentages were low enough to go ahead on a risk/reward ratio.

But like I said earlier, most all gaming companies wouldnt even be in business if it werent for the PC. It just amazes me that they would risk this type of revenue to do what they have done.

I do know this. The single player will be the most pirated title to ever come across the board. How much more revenue loss is that.

I wonder if there is a way to mod it to still play with a dedicated server some how.
            some few people are trying to get a team together to figure out if they can try to comeup with something

Comment

So a couple of things here. It's way easier to make the game for the PC and then port to specific consoles. So they have to do the work anyways why not sell it for that platform? Secondly what is IW?

Comment

^Infinity Ward
                Motivate

Comment

Originally posted by mapes View Post
                  So a couple of things here. It's way easier to make the game for the PC and then port to specific consoles.
                  Times has changed. Its been reported that its easier to to make games on 360 or ps3 and port them over to PC.

Comment

Originally posted by Caddys83 View Post
                    Times has changed. Its been reported that its easier to to make games on 360 or ps3 and port them over to PC.
                    Not completely as most of the work itself still has to be done on a PC. Maps for example cannot be made on a consul. Neither can the models, meshes, triggers for events...ect...ect... that are used within those maps. The only thing about consul's that makes it easier is that they are programing for just one or two hardware configs, not dozens upon dozens of different configurations of hardware that are available throughout the PC community.
                    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v491/echosofbliss/seiko8wy.gif[/IMG]

Comment

Originally posted by {CLR}geneSW View Post
                      Not completely as most of the work itself still has to be done on a PC. Maps for example cannot be made on a consul. Neither can the models, meshes, triggers for events...ect...ect... that are used within those maps. The only thing about consul's that makes it easier is that they are programing for just one or two hardware configs, not dozens upon dozens of different configurations of hardware that are available throughout the PC community.
                      Oh of couse, its going to be done on pc with the help of development kit

Anyway We all see the issues that treyarch encounter with the PC side trying to duplicate the issues that some PC users were having yet others were fine.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                      Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                        by Apache Warrior
                        6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                      • Reply to 6 years
                        by Sirex
                        I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                        Just hit 2.5K miles...
                        5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                      • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                        by Sirex
                        Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                        5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                      • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                        by Sirex
                        Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                        5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                      • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                        by Sirex
                        Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                        5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                      Working...
                      X