Buying MW2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChrisWW11 View Post
    Wait so let me get this straight...people don't want to buy MW2 because it doesn't have dedicated servers? Isn't there a party system that allows for people to group up and play together, thats the whole point of a community right?
    But we wouldn't be able to play on 'our' server. No admining, no 'Welcome to Cain's Lair' recruiting, no nothing. It just wouldn't be the same.

Comment

Josh111: PC Question... What will the max amount of players per map be for PC multiplayer on IW.net

GeneralClean: With the new IW.net, how many players can it support at one time with each server set-up, 8 vs 8, 12 vs 12, 16 vs 16, and how much bandwidth are we talking about per player basis, Upload and Download?

Vince-IW: 9v9

Mackey-IW: The max number of players on all platforms are 1v1 through 9v9. This is the number of players we focused on when we were balancing map size, perks, classes, challenges, etc.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Live Chat Session -... - Best Buy Forum

LOL 9Vs9 Are those ******** gone mad?

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisWW11 View Post
        Wait so let me get this straight...people don't want to buy MW2 because it doesn't have dedicated servers? Isn't there a party system that allows for people to group up and play together, thats the whole point of a community right?
        No Dedicated Servers

No mods

No console

No more big matches, max limit of players is 9v9

No leaning - ? The game is not balanced for lean.? HAHAHAHAH

No low ping, in-house testing has given devs average of 100ms ping, which is OK for average games. Devastating for competitive players. Also, this is in-house testing, controlled and under supervision. Imagine players from different countries playing together? can you? ?Seems like everybody I play with on 360 is some guy in England that got the game early, and the game was very playable even with only 2 of 4 bars.? ROFL!!

No control over your own game - you cannot kick people (in ranked games) who do not follow the rules or use insulting/racial slurs. Oh, but you can mute them, so that would fix it lol.

No HC modes - only TDM and S/D lol

No proffessional/competitive play - ? I guess we'll have to talk to them and see what they would need. We would love to work something out.? - lol, moron IW

No control over hackers - you'll have to pray VAC catches them within a few days or months. ? Our goal is to ban hackers from the game.?

No objective arguments to anything that they are asked. - ? Multiplayer is incredible, you should not be worried!?

No informed custumer dicision/Being plain arrogant jerks and ***s - How will we know we won't waste our money since there's no demo? ?When one of your friends buys it, you can ask him if it's good, and then make an educated decision.? omg!

Have they tested the connection with overseas players? - ? Yes, seemed good.? ?

No /record feature

Is it a direct console port? - ?No, PC has custom stuff like mouse control, text chat in game, and graphics settings.?

Comment

Axen: Please explain how a 9v9 match is a multiplayer experience? I'd have more fun serving lunch at a local nursing home.

Vince-IW: Sounds like are a very compassionate and giving person. I hope the people at the nursing home appreciate you.

Comment

Originally posted by bobytt View Post
            No more big matches, max limit of players is 9v9
            [url=http://profile.xfire.com/guile787][img]http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/1/guile787.png[/img][/url]

Comment

I have to admit it.... 9vs9...ouch

Comment

Epic Fail Wont buy

Comment

Guys: why do you still care?

Didn't almost all of us determine already we weren't buying this lovely little release? (Except those of us who are getting a snowmobile for the cost of the game...) Just let it go from your minds.

This game is DEAD to us.

-Rand
                  [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
                  Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by OniEagle View Post
                    Epic Fail Wont buy
                    Oni hey! Come stai? very nice to see you man! Mi manca suonare con te. Spero che giocher? Battlefield 2
                    Bad Company!

Comment

True Rand!

Its hard to swallow but COD is dead for PC players...

Comment

Originally posted by Guile View Post
                        LOL

Comment

This latest news seals it for me, I won't be buying MW2 no matter how well they pull off IWNet as I'm simply not interested in small 9v9 online matches, they will inevitably lead to much more sneaking and camping than the pure "blow shit up" style of the 40+ man servers I've always played COD4 on.

It's clear that the PC version of MW2 is a pure console port (did you see they removed leaning and PC console commands?), if they used XBox graphics on the PS3 version there would be a similar uproar from the PS3 community about IW being lazy and not delivering the full promise of the game. I don't feel bad about voicing my complaints and voting with my wallet, and I don't buy arguments that this sort of protest will lead to the end of PC gaming as only a fool would ignore the huge base of PCs out there, and if IW has gotten fat and lazy there's always someone waiting to eat their lunch (see Bad Company 2).

Sorry gang, I guess I won't be seeing you around for this one but hopefully we can reconnect soon in another game!

Comment

lol up until that 9v9 limit I was almost going to buy it. Too bad. Guess it's Free Warfare 2 for me then.

Comment

Originally posted by K PhaNTOM View Post
                              lol up until that 9v9 limit I was almost going to buy it. Too bad. Guess it's Free Warfare 2 for me then.
                              +1

Comment

I'm surprised it's even 9v9 (could of sworn i posted about that ages ago). There's not many good home connection out there that can handle a 18 player game without any issues. I images most games will be around the 5v5 territory.

Considering i won't be buying this game this will be the last time i spend in this thread. It's a waste of time tbh.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                                Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                                  by Apache Warrior
                                  6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                                • Reply to 6 years
                                  by Sirex
                                  I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                                  Just hit 2.5K miles...
                                  5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                                • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                                  by Sirex
                                  Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                                  5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                                • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                                  by Sirex
                                  Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                                  5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                                • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                                  by Sirex
                                  Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                                  5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                                Working...
                                X