The reason MW2 now sucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The reason MW2 now sucks

Activision?€™s Bobby Kotick hates developers, innovation, cheap games, you | geeks.co.uk

Wouldn't be surprised if it were all this guys doing. Just read the interview and try not to get angry... but i bet you will.

Here's a quote to get you going.

And he’s not just setting his sights on Guitar Hero and WoW fans. Talking about upcoming and expensive Activision titles such as Modern Warfare 2, Kotick said: “if it was left to me, I would raise the prices even further.”

Modern Warfare 2 Makes Pretty With Steamworks - Voodoo Extreme

Comment

The line above it sums it up.
      Essentially, Kotick is in thrall to the almighty dollar to the expense of all else.
      That's what CEOs do, I suppose. Workers put out a great product, customer trust and loyalty follows, then downsize, cut worker pay/benefits, raise costs to maximize profit, etc...if it works: great, they (CEOs) go home with huge bonuses/salaries. If it fails: no problem, they still go home with huge bonuses, even if they get the boot...win/win for them.

Not that I needed these quotes to see what he was doing, but now I know I won't buy the thing.

Comment

Holy Mother, this guy has lost his mind.

The only way to handle this dude and others like him is a total boycott of their product, ALL their products. The unfortunate thing is as the one commenter stated. It will never happen because not just the PC community, but all of them the PC, PS3 and XBox community isn't organized enough to do it.

Reading this answers a LOT of unanswered questions in my mind. I have been bitching to myself about how the GH and RB games, exspecially GH have been purposely making their game not work 100% with the Drum Rocker. Now I know why.

Man, this stuff infuriates me.
        [IMG]http://thepebkac.net/images/sigs/Outdoors_sig.jpg[/IMG]
        Like the community? Donate here:
        [URL="http://www.cainslair.com/misc.php?do=donate"]http://www.cainslair.com/misc.php?do=donate[/URL]

Comment

CEOs do this they try to squeeze out every dollar they can. Now some have some ethics, the CEO Southwest Airlines for instance took as much of a cut in pay as the rest of his company but these guys are the exception. It may be ugly but this system does bring in the cash needed to make a game.

You can get as POed as you want but the fact remains that the "Plug & Play" crowd is a huge market and because of that the companies will market to them by making games for consoles. Maybe if enough of us PC guys don't by the game it may make a dent big enough to get noticed but there are a lot of "Plug & Play" guys in the PC market to so I wouldn't hold hold my breath.

I does suck to see this guy talking about the hobby we love so much and he does seem out of touch with the PC gaming crowd. I think it's time for a quote from the great movie "Full Metal Jacket" but this is a PG 13 board so I will edit it.

"It' a big **** sandwich and we all are going to have to take a bite."

Except you don't need to take a bite just say NO to MW2.

Skud you have you been watching your Michale More moves again haven't you?
          [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4373/35734799443_53cb20ef13_z.jpg[/img]

Killed by CLRs since 2004. WOOT!
          Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by Duke{CLR} View Post
            Skud you have you been watching your Michale More moves again haven't you?
            No, haven't seen any, really. But I know a jerk (powertripper, etc.) when I hear/see one. I agree that it is possible for a CEO to be ethical, decent, and still run a profitable business...in fact, if people were to see someone who treats their underlings well, and work at providing the best/most enjoyable product for their consumers, I believe that they would run an even more profitable, long lived venture. This guy is a power drunk kamikaze.

Comment

The problem with boycotting MW2, which I will, is that I believe the gaming industry is trying to get out of PC games and do only consoles. When MW2 doesn't do well in the PC version they will say "See, people aren't buying PC games any more". It's a self fulfilling prophesy.
              A change of Pace.
              "All the fun of a clan without the BS" - Cain

Comment

Originally posted by paceman View Post
                The problem with boycotting MW2, which I will, is that I believe the gaming industry is trying to get out of PC games and do only consoles. When MW2 doesn't do well in the PC version they will say "See, people aren't buying PC games any more". It's a self fulfilling prophesy.
                While I agree that IW most likely wants to go the console only route, at this point I wish they would. I don't think it's the beginning of the end for PC gaming, despite the short supply of quality releases lately, there is still a significant market for the product that someone will want to profit from.

The uglier side of this would be people buying this crapola, then as far as anyone is concerned, the PC community is saying this is the direction we want our gaming to go...... that's something that won't correct itself anytime soon, if ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Warhead View Post
                  While I agree that IW most likely wants to go the console only route, at this point I wish they would. I don't think it's the beginning of the end for PC gaming, despite the short supply of quality releases lately, there is still a significant market for the product that someone will want to profit from.

The uglier side of this would be people buying this crapola, then as far as anyone is concerned, the PC community is saying this is the direction we want our gaming to go...... that's something that won't correct itself anytime soon, if ever.
                  Well said Warhead.
                  [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4373/35734799443_53cb20ef13_z.jpg[/img]

Killed by CLRs since 2004. WOOT!
                  Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                  Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                    by Apache Warrior
                    6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                  • Reply to 6 years
                    by Sirex
                    I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                    Just hit 2.5K miles...
                    5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                  • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                    by Sirex
                    Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                    5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                  • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                    by Sirex
                    Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                    5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                  • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                    by Sirex
                    Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                    5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                  Working...
                  X