I been thinkin.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I been thinkin.

I know this is what I'm doin here... But I wanted to voice my last concern due to the experiences the last few weeks.

As you all know I'm on the server at different times than the rest of you guys because of the time differential. But one of the things that has been driven home to me is this.

When I get in the server, I'm usually by myself to start off, and others end up joining. Most of the time during the week I dont see any CLR's at all. I end up playing with a bunch of people I dont know. The feeling I get when these guys play is just foreign to me. I dont have much fun with people that dont understand my situation or just not social very much. But for the most part I try and be cordial when they kill the hell outta me.

But my point is this. When the first CLR shows up its like all of a sudden the game changes for me. Like my family has shown up and all is good. Maybe I'm a little overboard but I've become attached to our players and people and it just dont seem right without a CLR in the game. At least for me it dont.

I said all that to say this. I for one dont like playing with strangers every game. What IW has done is take away what I feel like is the most important asset we have enjoyed and thats camaraderie between all the CLR's. That is why I joined the Lair in the first place. YOU GUYS.

Hopefully, Cain will be able to come up with something we can all be happy with and continue to enjoy. I had high hopes for my coming home party with you guys and was hoping that MW2 was gonna be in full swing and we could all have a blast. But alas, things change.

Here's to the Lair and the people who make it up. Its because of you that we stay in existence. And people join.
    [COLOR="#008080"][/COLOR][SIZE="5"][COLOR="LightBlue"][B]Not everything that counts on the battlefield is countable.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Burrrp

Sup Cobalt , Ok so here is my excuse,

Honestly COD4 (and CODW@W) has bored me to death sometimes, I finally got my gold shotty and that was all I needed. I could always try the modding servers but im not intrest in downloading maps that I wont be playing offten. I try to join in with you when I can but when its 1vs1 or up to 4 people, I get bored tooooo easily and it turns into camp tactical and well...Im a rusher

I also have to play game on my xbox 360 with my co-workers since we have lil matches and when were not talking about sports, women, it will be about a match we played the day before. And then there are things like going out to pubs and what not. Sometimes I get on the BF2 game and play with some Cainers over at the TTP

As far as MW2 issue, yes, it sux, but at least their will be a buddy/friend list that will let me add who ever from Cains that decide to get the MW2 to add them just as my x360 friend list also have serveral Cainers.

But untill then, its just another half a foot pothole on the street to avoid untill Battlefield Bad Company 2 and/or BF3 will bring us back,

Comment

Yeah, Caddys wanted to thank you too for all the times you felt sorry for me and joined in. I know its tough on you the way you play, but you been pretty good about it.

You did what you could and I appreciate it.

Dont worry about playin MW2, I dont think ill of you. Everyone has to go by their convictions, and well, thats the way you feel about things. You've been up front about it. I can respect that.

Plus you know how most in here feel too. I think when we finally settle on a game we all can play,this place will be rockin again anyway.

But thanks again.
      [COLOR="#008080"][/COLOR][SIZE="5"][COLOR="LightBlue"][B]Not everything that counts on the battlefield is countable.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

Always good to see you too, Cobalt.

I stopped in for a game or two last night: saw 3 on the server and was hoping there'd be a CLR. There wasn't. So, yes, like Caddy says it was tactical...and like the last time I played against just Evil, I didn't have dead silence setup...so I crouched, or'd run a little and then crouch. Not really my style much, either. However, unlike when I played against Evil, I mopped the floor with the fellas that were there...tried saying a few "ns" and whatnot with no response...tried to hold back so I didn't make anyone leave...waited a while to launch my choppers...but then, as you said, Cobalt, it was just like playing with, well, really like playing against AI opponents...so I let 'em have it...and left after the game.

Maybe I'll come across you in there sometime, Cobalt...and some day there will be a game that will bring in the troops. Let us know when that homecoming is, too, we'll definitely have to do something for you!!!

Comment

I agree with Caddy about the game being boring. It was a great game back in its hayday here on the Lair. I also agree with you Cobalt about its more fun to play with CLR's & ole Skud does pop in from time to time. As for me well playing alot of SP games & waiting for MW2 & L4D2 to be released.

Comment

I have been playing Arma 2 multiplayer for a past few days. Steam says i have 84 hours played already. Ive only been playing for a week lol. There is a pretty large group called the Legion of Spartans, they have like 5 servers and a Teamspeak server, half a public half a PW which you can get if your on ts. The PW servers rules are that you only use vehicles to transport to the main AO you have to fallow the orders of the commander and its a foot battle against a superior number AI that can 1 shoot you from 100 meters. The public server is similar but has relaxed rules but don't go running off in a vehicle unless your in TS or you'll get kicked.

Well there is my excuse, ive been getting up sitting down and playing arma 2 till like 11pm for days now.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
            Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
              by Apache Warrior
              6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
            • Reply to 6 years
              by Sirex
              I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
              Just hit 2.5K miles...
              5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
            • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
              by Sirex
              Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
              5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
            • Reply to Hell Let Loose
              by Sirex
              Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
              5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
            • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
              by Sirex
              Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
              5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
            Working...
            X