Boycott Fail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boycott Fail

So who held true to the boycott? EPIC FAIL. I cant believe how much smack some of you guys talked about never buying it, and yet still bought it.
    Say what you mean, and mean what you say. Oh yeah who's hardcore now baby.
    [img]http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i61/2HARDKOR/maj_massacre.jpg[/img]

I didnt cave nor did I pay. Well if $4.00 is paying too much I'm guilty.But IW, nor Activision, nor any retailer gets any of that money.Goes to the local economy. Plus, mine is a slightly modded.

ps:its not that great of a game, if you want to compare it to Cod4.
    [COLOR="#008080"][/COLOR][SIZE="5"][COLOR="LightBlue"][B]Not everything that counts on the battlefield is countable.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

Ahh, the angry guy from Canada's back.

Comment

i didnt buy
        at least not yet.....

Comment

A friend who is on steam a lot was laughing about this too. There was a boycott group in steam, and 90% of them were currently playing MW2.

They are part of their own problem...

Comment

I've played it quite a bit but won't buy it, I'll be bored of it within a month as you can't rely on it for a competitive gameplay experience. Between the terrible netcode, the constant connection disruptions, the random kill streaks and endless hackers it's just not worth getting serious about or paying money for.

Comment

meeeeeeheheheehehehehe

Comment

Originally posted by Karson View Post
                I've played it quite a bit but won't buy it, I'll be bored of it within a month as you can't rely on it for a competitive gameplay experience. Between the terrible netcode, the constant connection disruptions, the random kill streaks and endless hackers it's just not worth getting serious about or paying money for.

So there you have it. Cain has the server.The lair is playin TF2. And I support that alone. I cant play from here, but I still support everyone involved. If some of the guys enjoy their time with the port, I aint mad at em. But I didnt sell out. If it wasnt for my location, I probably wouldnt even have the cracked version. I'd be in with the rest of the Lair.

If they ever get their head out of their arse, I might consider purchasing from them again. Maybe BC2 will blow them out of the water so far they'll never need a paddle ever again. We shall see.

There is a void right now on the PC side as evidenced by so many old games making a comeback. The bad taste of ported play, limited players and hackers,and having basically a crap shoot if you want to play with your friends, will still be around long after the glitz and glimmer fades from the game.

Its the only thing really available for FPS core players.Its just a shame that so many people had high hopes for what could have been.It was a gamble they took. And it seems to be working. So they win..... at least for now.

But they never got my money.
                Last edited by Zantheus; 29 Nov 2009, 02:52 PM. Reason: Mention of Piracy
                [COLOR="#008080"][/COLOR][SIZE="5"][COLOR="LightBlue"][B]Not everything that counts on the battlefield is countable.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by Evilization View Post
                  i didnt buy
                  at least not yet.....
                  +1 x-mas

Comment

Didn't buy it... Still don't plan on buying it or any other IW game.
                    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v491/echosofbliss/seiko8wy.gif[/IMG]

Comment

after thinking about it again
                      i think im still not buying it
                      playing Torchlight as of now, its a decent game

Comment

Yeah so i am probaly going to never buy this game, but if I go over my buddies house and he's got i might give it a try. i do miss playing the Battlefield games on Cain's Servers I had the most fun with that!!
                        "CRY HAVOC...AND LET SLIP THE DOGS OF WAR!"- William Shakespear

[img]http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s129/nickleal98/COD08.jpg[/img]
                        [url=http://profile.xfire.com/nickleal98][img]http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/co/type/0/nickleal98.png[/img][/url]

Comment

Didn't buy it. Have not even watched someone play it, in person or on some vid since my decision not to get it.

No plans on buying it....ever. I don't care if its a 2 buck game on d2d/steam later on. This game joined Samsung in my "never get another buck" group.
                          Motivate

Comment

Have NOT and will not. I said I wasn't going to get it and I won't. I thought about the PS3 version and said no, that would be putting money in IW pocket. That is the last thing I want. It's a real shame to read about the PC version getting purchased. I agree the PC community is being our own worst enemy.
                            [IMG]http://thepebkac.net/images/sigs/Outdoors_sig.jpg[/IMG]
                            Like the community? Donate here:
                            [URL="http://www.cainslair.com/misc.php?do=donate"]http://www.cainslair.com/misc.php?do=donate[/URL]

Comment

One last thing on the boycott. I did it for a few weeks. I tried buying an RPG, Dragon Age. I tried buying TF2. Both to try not to think about the newest, most graphically detailed modern weapon shooter around...the kind of game I am good at: reflexes, shooting, eliminating.

If people continued to play COD4 on the Lair, I would have tried to stick with that. Some did, but not enough to make a game. With my different hours, the server system on MW2 actually works in some ways, in that I don't have to run around in an empty server all morning, waiting for someone to join me (not fun...and I don't have unlimited free time). So now I can play when I want, with my friends who have it, and with my SCAR. Sorry folks, I tried...but the cartoony games just don't do it for me.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                              Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                                by Apache Warrior
                                6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                              • Reply to 6 years
                                by Sirex
                                I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                                Just hit 2.5K miles...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                              • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                                by Sirex
                                Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                              • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                                by Sirex
                                Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                              • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                                by Sirex
                                Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                              Working...
                              X