Boycott Fail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apology accepted Skud...we just all hate you now

I'm not boycotting the company really, if the game was 20 bucks I'd probably buy it. I'm just against games that cost so much money, not to mention skimping on standard PC quality and standards. I don't condemn anyone who buys it, it looks great, sure it plays just as well as COD4, but I won't...at least not yet.

I have a horrible habit of playing games about 1 year after everyone else does lol

Comment

Still haven't purchased it, and I won't even play the game out of principle. I don't care to be insulted by people let alone give money to people that insult me.

Played 80ish hours on dragon age origins already and still got alot to play on it.

Comment

Originally posted by homosapien15 View Post
        Apology accepted Skud...we just all hate you now
        Thanks, man. Hate I can deal with!

Comment

I was so worn out after playing COD4 again that I was not excited about this game even before the lack of server support was announced. The video of the CEO irritated me to a point where I don't want to buy it out of principle.
          [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4373/35734799443_53cb20ef13_z.jpg[/img]

Killed by CLRs since 2004. WOOT!
          Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

I didnt buy I just passed up on a sale on at ncix where they had the game for pc at $39.95cad.
            I did pre order Bad Company 2 for pc, EA sent me a 25% off coupon at the EA store for my birthday.

Comment

I loved COD4. So much so that i'd rank it as one of my favourite games. But will i play MW2? Don't think so. No Cain's Lair server, no Juneau.

Comment

Originally posted by GeneralSnake View Post
                A friend who is on steam a lot was laughing about this too. There was a boycott group in steam, and 90% of them were currently playing MW2...
                Page 1 of 17

Comment

That's hilarious. Fail.

-Rand

P.S. I don't have it. If I ever buy it, it'll be when it's in the bargain bin, for the single-player only. I'm more likely to try and fail to play it well on the PS3 gamepad as a rental just to see the single-player campaign. 4 hours isn't even worth a $20 bargain buy.
                  [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
                  Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

No Cain's Lair server, no Juneau.
                    +1
                    Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
                    Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
                    I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
                    Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

I havn't bought nor will I. Whats the point with out dedicated serrvers. I'm actually playing L4Dead2 and enjoying that.

Comment

Originally posted by K PhaNTOM
                        You do know that pirated copies show up on Steam too, right?
                        It would say Non-Steam Game.. also it would most likely say "Play...." ALSO can't play multiplayer..

I wanted to play the SP campaign (which IMO, was pretty solid)
                        Last edited by Rand{CLR}; 2 Dec 2009, 02:57 PM. Reason: Deleted piracy reference -- Rand

Comment

Originally posted by Aessassen View Post
                          It would say Non-Steam Game.. also it would most likely say "Play...." ALSO can't play multiplayer..

I wanted to play the SP campaign (which IMO, was pretty solid)
                          It showed up as a steam game when it first came out. It's patched now (Screenshot is old, me thinks).
                          Last edited by Rand{CLR}; 2 Dec 2009, 02:57 PM. Reason: Deleted piracy discussions -- Rand

Comment

Originally posted by K PhaNTOM View Post
                            It showed up as a steam game when it first came out. It's patched now (Screenshot is old, me thinks).
                            Darn I guess I'm going to have to look into that...
                            Last edited by Rand{CLR}; 2 Dec 2009, 02:58 PM. Reason: Deleted piracy discussions -- Rand

Comment

Shouldn't work anymore, but that's how it was. I have a friend who DL'd it, cracked and all, and when he was in game it showed in steam as if he'd bought it. I don't think he's beat the patch yet, but there's another option. Programs like Hamachi can let you set up a VPN (Virtual Private Network) so you can play with your friends. It also works for games you bought, like CSS for me, where we'll create our own server of sorts and then make it private so any number of my friends only can play.

Comment

Would just like to point this out as a reminder.

As per the thread linked here. http://www.cainslair.com/showthread.php?t=86

6) Warez or Illegal Software - Do not post or discuss illegal software, warez, and/or suggesting how to find it.

Guys, please follow this before the thread gets locked because of it. Thanks.
                                [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v491/echosofbliss/seiko8wy.gif[/IMG]

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                                Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                                  by Apache Warrior
                                  6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                                • Reply to 6 years
                                  by Sirex
                                  I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                                  Just hit 2.5K miles...
                                  5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                                • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                                  by Sirex
                                  Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                                  5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                                • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                                  by Sirex
                                  Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                                  5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                                • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                                  by Sirex
                                  Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                                  5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                                Working...
                                X