Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You or I may investigate this further, but it sounds like a server side error and you are only receiving the err data from the server. Lemme find out more before I give you a definite cause!

Comment

just in a few seconds this is what I've come up with. There are too many requests that the server is responding to at a given moment. I think this number may be increased, but I think your command will work if you try again at random intervals.

Comment

I don't know if you are still having the problem, but here is what I could find. I don't claim any accuracy to anything posted here.

http://iwnation.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=28132

You be the judge!

~~mike~~

Comment

I scanned this thread and didn't see anything, but please forgive me if this has been asked and answered.

Anyway, I had the Punkbuster problems like so many others, so I followed the instructions in some of the posts above. That eliminated my "PB Init Failure" for the TDM server, and I've enjoyed the gaming there. But I still get kicked from the HQ server with the good ole "PB Init Failure."

Any ideas?

Comment

If you follow the instructions I have made in the "How To" above, it will resolve almost every punkbuster related problem. Be sure to reboot the machine after running Pbsvc.exe. After you run that and still have problems, you may need to uninstall and reinstall punkbuster. You can do this by downloading the Pbsetup.exe program.

Some people confuse the two programs. Be sure you read the post word for word and follow the instructions exactly and it SHOULD eliminate the problem. If you are getting an error after rebooting the machine, it is quite possible that something is corrupting your config files or either one of the punkbuster services is being stopped for some reason.

Comment

Originally posted by -IRC-MIKE View Post
              If you follow the instructions I have made in the "How To" above, it will resolve almost every punkbuster related problem. Be sure to reboot the machine after running Pbsvc.exe. After you run that and still have problems, you may need to uninstall and reinstall punkbuster. You can do this by downloading the Pbsetup.exe program.

Some people confuse the two programs. Be sure you read the post word for word and follow the instructions exactly and it SHOULD eliminate the problem. If you are getting an error after rebooting the machine, it is quite possible that something is corrupting your config files or either one of the punkbuster services is being stopped for some reason.
              Thanks, Mike. It was your advice I followed in the first place to be able to play at all. After I installed COD4 and updated it, I was getting kicked from EVERY server with the "PB Init" problem. So I followed your instructions and since then there has only been one server I get booted from: Cain's Lair HQ.

Tonight I'll do this all over again and will let you know if it worked.

Comment

Lemme chaek HQ, perhaps there was a new update out that I missed...

Comment

PUNK BUSTER UPDATES FOR GAMES BOUGHT VIA STEAM

This will work with all games you buy via Steam.
                  All program filefolders are found in Steamapps folder, and by drilling down on any game, the PB client will update all games that use Punk Buster within a single click.

To update Punkbuster and avoid a dirty install or random error that could compromise your installed version of COD4- please follow these instructions:

1) START Button
                  2) My Computer
                  3) C:\
                  4) Program Files
                  5) Steam
                  6) Steamapps
                  7) PB
                  8 ) Find the PB_Setup .exe file
                  9) Click that- it will automatically update PB to the most current version and apply it to ALL game profiles within Steam.

Firewalls- you may get a firewall bounce with some PB updates as some updates are drastic enough to cause your program to appear different in the application environment

My process within my soft-firewall (zonealarm) is to finish the install, then go through and delete the Punkbuster profiles fromthe soft menu's (program Applications).
                  Upon launch of my application (COD4 or ETQW) I will get a window to accept or deny the launch of said app, and in doing so I admit that profile to my firewall.

Conflicts can occur within your profiles inside of the Firewall if you are not managing these, which will result in random kicks from the server for Config Handshake Denials stemming from your duplicate profiles.

In my hardware Firewall, it's 100% manual and I cant help you with that.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                  Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                    by Apache Warrior
                    6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                  • Reply to 6 years
                    by Sirex
                    I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                    Just hit 2.5K miles...
                    5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                  • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                    by Sirex
                    Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                    5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                  • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                    by Sirex
                    Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                    5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                  • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                    by Sirex
                    Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                    5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                  Working...
                  X