keyboard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

keyboard

i hear a lot of chat about the g15 keyboard and wonder what the hype is all about. i myself started on a regular board untill i saw the MERC-zboard-ideazon http://www.ideazon.com/us/products/m...ngkeyboard.asp. yes it doesnt have the little flip up screen but the button access is a heck lot easier and it feels way better then the plain keyboard setup. and especially with the settings ive got on it . please explain how the g15 is any different gaming besides the few left side buttons and the flip up screen.
    G15
    0%
    MERC/Fang
    0%
    Basic
    0%
    Keyboard? i use my mind
    0%
    Other
    0%

I bought the G15 to use with my new rig. The main thing I like is the LCD. Because I use a Belkin N52 I have little use for the macro keys but it is a nice keyboard.
    [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4373/35734799443_53cb20ef13_z.jpg[/img]

Killed by CLRs since 2004. WOOT!
    Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

G15 All THE WAY! I bought one a month ago and it is hands down the best gaming keyboard I've experienced. I'm a big fan of the LCD (for in-game stats) and the backlit keys. Goes well with a G5 mouse!

Comment

i bought the cyber snipa gaming pad (same idea as the n52) and i'm quite happy with it. i never look at my keyboard when i play anyway, so it works just fine, and it quite a bit cheaper than a g15
        [img]http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b400/__alpha__/ut3-4.png[/img]

Comment

I found my G15 at BestBuy for $60. Since then it's gone back up to $100 but they seem to put in on sale every few weeks so keep an eye out if you're interested or check internet prices.

Comment

The G15 sucks if you have decently sized hands. The keys are tiny. I'd recommend Microsoft Natural Multimedia Elite keyboard if you could find it most places any more. I recently had to replace the PS/2 after about 3 years of constant use. With that being said, there's not a keyboard out there today I really like or can't find some sort of major flaw with.

Comment

Originally posted by omfg karl marx
              The G15 sucks if you have decently sized hands. The keys are tiny. I'd recommend Microsoft Natural Multimedia Elite keyboard if you could find it most places any more. I recently had to replace the PS/2 after about 3 years of constant use. With that being said, there's not a keyboard out there today I really like or can't find some sort of major flaw with.
              Hmm...I have huge hands (people have actually told me "you have huge hands") and I find the G15 pretty compatible. The keys don't seem any smaller than other keyboards I've used. The G keys are smaller but a small G key is better than no G key at all.

Comment

I've got wide hands and the middle keys are virtually impossible for me to effectively reach...It just seems really over-the-top, imo. I guess I'm used to the KISS principle (Keep It Simple Stupid).

Comment

Originally posted by omfg karl marx
                  I've got wide hands and the middle keys are virtually impossible for me to effectively reach...It just seems really over-the-top, imo. I guess I'm used to the KISS principle (Keep It Simple Stupid).
                  Gotcha. It's all a matter of preference. I'm a big fan of the other KISS principle, which says that I want to rock and roll all night and party every day!

Comment

I use a saitek eclipse II keyboard for the backlighting and heavy "no move" weight. A very plain keyboard, but my MX1000 mouse with 9+ buttons makes up for a fancy keyboard.

Tiger_Shilone

Comment

Originally posted by tigershilone
                      I use a saitek eclipse II keyboard for the backlighting and heavy "no move" weight. A very plain keyboard, but my MX1000 mouse with 9+ buttons makes up for a fancy keyboard.

Tiger_Shilone
                      I could just stare at your avatar all day long.

I was actually torn btw the G15 and the Eclipse II for a while until I found the G15 on sale. Another great keyboard!

Comment

I use a Belkin N52. One big advantage IMO is that the keys aren't offset like on a keyboard. they are all in a straight line, making it easier to play games. also, the layout works really nicely for me. I have heard some people complain about the way it arches, and, when I first started using it, I used to get cramps in my hand when using it for long periods of time. After using it for a while, though, the cramps went away, and it is very comfortable. I think my hand just wasn't used to staying in that position for long periods of time...
                        [url=http://www.enjin.com/bf3-signature-generator][img]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-bf3/1fad512dc784c11c.png[/img][/url]

Comment

I picked other. Saitek Eclipse ftw.

Comment

http://www.totalbf2142.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5574

This is the best G15 LCD app for the 2142. I use it to show who is in my squad, what they are carrying, and weather or not they are dead. Easier to read and decipher than the one that comes with 2142 in my opinion. Give it a try

Comment

Originally posted by MeepZero
                              http://www.totalbf2142.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5574

This is the best G15 LCD app for the 2142. I use it to show who is in my squad, what they are carrying, and weather or not they are dead. Easier to read and decipher than the one that comes with 2142 in my opinion. Give it a try
                              I've been using that mod since the day I got my G15. It's awesome.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                              Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                                by Apache Warrior
                                6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                              • Reply to 6 years
                                by Sirex
                                I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                                Just hit 2.5K miles...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                              • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                                by Sirex
                                Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                              • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                                by Sirex
                                Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                              • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                                by Sirex
                                Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                              Working...
                              X