Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my game **** up for me yesterday and it uninstall by it self so im not playing untill i get it installed again

Comment

I added my profile to the profiles folder and it recogonizes my name and everything, but it doesnt have my rank or anything of the like. Any one else experience this?

Comment

Originally posted by tupinambis
        Originally posted by Zantheus
        I think it was a poor idea on behalf of Activision to have it set up like this...whats to stop coders from rewriting the 1 or 2 lines to give themselves or friends higher ranks and items?? I mean the coding cant be anymore difficult then FTA boxes to crack
        Its already being done. The hackers are out there already. Look around now and you will notice them. They already have built in GUI and rank cheats.

Its a damn shame that we cant ever have a hack free game anymore.
        The first thing I thought when I heard that the profiles are stored locally was hmmm lets go get a hex editor... No I didn't mess with it.

Personally if people want to pay 50 bucks for a game and side step earning the rewards that seems kinda stupid. The other thing is is that the unlocks don't really unbalance the game at all. So I really wouldn't care if someone did unlock stuff without earning it.

Lastly if they had relied on central account servers it would have jacked the price on server hosting

So I'm kinda glad they didn't

Comment

I cant find my player profile anywhere. My computer runs Vista, and I'm not really that great with it.

Comment

Originally posted by linemanstud
            I cant find my player profile anywhere. My computer runs Vista, and I'm not really that great with it.
            C:\Programs(86)\Activision\COD4\Players\Profiles

Comment

To back up your profile in vista you will have to navigate to:

C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Activision\Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare\players\profiles\<profile name>\

This is where your profile files are...

Comment

almost forgot! Then you copy the folder that has your GAME NAME and paste it in My Documents, or put it on a disk...flash drive...whatever.

Comment

Originally posted by -IRC-MIKE
                  To back up your profile in vista you will have to navigate to:

C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Activision\Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare\players\profiles\<profile name>\

This is where your profile files are...
                  I run Vista 64 tooo...maybe my files arent kept there cause I installed COD4 on non OS drive

Comment

Found it! Thanks guys!

Comment

Well I think my worst nightmare has come true...had to format thats fine cause COD4 is on diff HDD....set game to go and when it loads says config files are corrupt and stats have to be reset.....I have previous stats on laptop Im gonna load up and hope it worx cause rolling back 9 lvls isnt bad but 55!!!!!!

I hope it worx

Comment

Well it worked so Im rolled back to lvl 48... ash well lol hopefully I can get better k/d then last run :P

Comment

Hey

I'm running windows vista home premium and cant seem to find
                          the file to backup.

I tryed this path but cant find is there another way to find it?
                          does anyone know the name of the file to search for it?

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by wmd View Post
                            Hey

I'm running windows vista home premium and cant seem to find
                            the file to backup.

I tryed this path but cant find is there another way to find it?
                            does anyone know the name of the file to search for it?

thanks

Well, it should be there... did you make sure you went to your <user name> that you login to your computer with? (this will not likely be your COD4 game name)

Unless you installed it to a different directory purposely or a different drive, then check to see if you have a directory under this location:

C:\Users\<YOUR USERNAME>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Activision

You should have an activision folder there. I think maybe you must have clicked on the wrong username. Unfortunately, unless you indexed the whole hard drive, you won't likely find the folder using the Search function. I have indexed and archived my whole drive but when I try to search for my COD4 player name it can't find it either. But I can navigate right to it.

C:\Users\Mike\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Activision\Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare\players\profiles\{CLR}-MIKE-\

Comment

Found it

I had to click the show the compatibility files for this directory tab
                              and there it was.

thanks

Comment

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                                Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                                  by Apache Warrior
                                  6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                                • Reply to 6 years
                                  by Sirex
                                  I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                                  Just hit 2.5K miles...
                                  5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                                • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                                  by Sirex
                                  Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                                  5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                                • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                                  by Sirex
                                  Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                                  5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                                • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                                  by Sirex
                                  Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                                  5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                                Working...
                                X