No announcement yet.

Obesity in Children

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think govt. should get involved. I think all of her neighbors need to gang rush her and point out the fact that her 8 year old is now 200+ pounds of chewed bubble gum.
    Refuse food hell... Like was stated earlier, leave a salad in the fridge or some fruit on the table with nothing else for a few days.. I bet his tubby ass would eat it then! Even taking him to the park to hose him down for a weekly bath might get the point across! I blame things like that on the parents as well as the kid. By 8 years old, most kids know full well how to manipulate others to get what they want, and do it constantly. Mom needs a backbone and a cherry switch.
    Now I know there are some people born with medical problems that can cause them to be rather large, one of my nephews is like that. Valid reason there! "I have to feed him what he likes to eat" or crap like that is not, and needs to be tattoo'd on her forehead.

Comment

I'd like to bring to your attention that I took the first anti-intervention stance AND THEN everyone started. I basically set trends.

Comment

I didn't mean to post and run but I had a van to catch.

Originally posted by BigTwinky
        You will never have food regulated to the point of cutting out the junk food. The world is run by corporations, and doing such would mean such a huge drop in profits, not to mention the loss of jobs, that it will never happen.
        They are trying to ban trans fats in NYC restaurants. Once the government goes down a path like this it won't stop. What will they try to ban next?

Should we take kids out of a home where the parents smoke? Or expose their kids to violent video games? There are parents around here that are horrified that my son plays with toy guns.

Big Twinky quote ( I dont know how to do two quotes )
        "Duke, what about if they don't feed their kids? Or they give them the bare minimum not to starve them to death. Should someone step in?"

Of course, Not feeding a kid is abuse, food is a need. Deciding what kids eat should be up to the parents not someone else. This case is disturbing the kid faces a long life of health problems and social issues. I am not sure what should be done I just don't think government is the answer.
        [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4373/35734799443_53cb20ef13_z.jpg[/img]

Killed by CLRs since 2004. WOOT!
        Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

hey guys... 200 pounds??? ii just seen this on internet... 400pounds kid..

wow.. i feel bad to her. i think she is only 7 years old.

http://emuse.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/15068

check it out. i do'nt even know if that's cuz of sick or she just eat too much. man.. i really gonna start on diet.
          Milk Is Good For Health. o.O

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
          Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
            by Apache Warrior
            6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
          • Reply to 6 years
            by Sirex
            I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
            Just hit 2.5K miles...
            5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
          • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
            by Sirex
            Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
            5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
          • Reply to Hell Let Loose
            by Sirex
            Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
            5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
          • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
            by Sirex
            Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
            5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
          Working...
          X