No announcement yet.

Obesity in Children

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

juneau thats very nice of you we all need a hug from time to time even the people who dont know how to use punctuation thats me lol

Comment

Originally posted by PermethiasRain
      i know it wont happen again sorry
      Liar!

juneau thats very nice of you we all need a hug from time to time even the people who dont know how to use punctuation thats me lol

:P

[this is where my funky sig would go. But I don't have one.
      So all you get is this crappy text]

Comment

Originally posted by BigTwinky
        hmmm thats a tough one obesity in kids can be from a few different reasons for some its genetics but for the parents who feed their kids like they are a bottomless pits it almost is a crime they are not givin their kids a chance society can be tough on over weight people all the jokes and allienation im a proud parent of two and i couldnt imagine one of my children being 4 times the weight they should be thats really sad in cases like that maybe someone should step in cause the parent obviously isnt lookin out for the childs best interest and a child certainly doesnt have the ability to make the choices until they are older that is good topic alot can be said about this one
        Dude, you typed all that with no spaces or punctuation.
        Hey that's my job. im the messy typer!

Comment

Originally posted by Zurog
          Skeletal Stress
          High Blood Pressure
          High Cholesterol
          Balding
          Sweat
          Horrible smell
          Tooth decay
          Heart Attack (Potential Paralysis, Brain damage etc)
          But that's enough about jaspurr.....LOL
          Jaspurr

[img]http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y56/vitopagano/jaspurr.jpg[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by darth_nevus
            Originally posted by BigTwinky
            hmmm thats a tough one obesity in kids can be from a few different reasons for some its genetics but for the parents who feed their kids like they are a bottomless pits it almost is a crime they are not givin their kids a chance society can be tough on over weight people all the jokes and allienation im a proud parent of two and i couldnt imagine one of my children being 4 times the weight they should be thats really sad in cases like that maybe someone should step in cause the parent obviously isnt lookin out for the childs best interest and a child certainly doesnt have the ability to make the choices until they are older that is good topic alot can be said about this one
            Dude, you typed all that with no spaces or punctuation.
            Hey that's my job. im the messy typer!
            Hey, you guys are are starting to make me look good!

On the topic here. The mother should learn that there are other things then being a fry cook to feed your kids! All tho I would not mind stopping by her house once a week for something.
            The mother needs a class on how to take good care of her child and have someone checking on them from time to time.

Comment

As a general rule I think the less government gets involved the better. It is not against the law to be fat. If someone wants to make that a law then where do you draw the line? Then do we start testing for cholesterol? Then maybe we should require everybody do 50 push ups every morning. Then we get regulation on the food we eat and finally some day we all just eat soylent green.

Its interesting see that you have lazy parents over there as well. This mother is obviously not doing her job and I think its despicable. Now what if she spanked her son for not eating his vegetables then would the spanking police would come by and take him away?
              [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4373/35734799443_53cb20ef13_z.jpg[/img]

Killed by CLRs since 2004. WOOT!
              Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

I agree, its not against the law to be fat. As ADULTS, we have that choice.

Kids usually don't. Kids depend on their parents to make the right choices for them they are not able to make. That is where the difference is. What she is doing to her kid is not right, and she is doing it by choice. And no, just because he whines that he wants fries isn't an excuse.

What she is doing is neglect. She is neglecting to make the right choices for her kid. I know, no one is perfect. We don't all make the right choices. But this one is pretty obvious.

Same as someone who would not feed their children. Its not against the law to be anorexic. Health problems, mental problems, social problems will all start popping up in both cases.

While I also agree that the government should usually stay away from family situations, this one crosses the line in my books.

Comment

I think going down the road or regulating what parents feed thier kids would be a mistake. It will be interesting to see what happens.
                  [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4373/35734799443_53cb20ef13_z.jpg[/img]

Killed by CLRs since 2004. WOOT!
                  Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

I think saying regulating what they feed their kids is a bit much. I wouldn't go that route. But when there is neglect, someone needs to step in.

Duke, what about if they don't feed their kids? Or they give them the bare minimum not to starve them to death. Should someone step in?

What if the parents enjoy trying to keep the kid awake as long as possible. This can have serious consequences. I don't think how much a kid sleeps should be regulated, but I do think someone should step in.

Its not an issue of saying that a kid needs 134g of protein, 73g of fat each day and anything above that they will be fined.

Comment

Instead of regulating what kids eat, how about more regulations on what's available on the market? The fact is that the vast majority of the food we eat has all kinds of garbage in it. It's made that way because it means larger profits for the food industry, but for us it means serious health risks.

Of course, that would all be too late for this kid (not that it'll ever happen, anyway). In his case, maybe some kind of assistance is called for, even though such a thing shouldn't be necessary. Someone mentioned non-profit organizations; I think that would be a more suitable alternative to government interference.

Comment

Interesting responses. IMO it is nothing short of child abusea and therefore someone needs to step in as they have in this case. The parents will get all the support needed at this stage as will the child. The authorities always try to keep details of children secure in such cases but his very thoughtful mother paraded him in his underwear on national television so he is off to a bad start with regards to further abuse from his peers. Well got to go eat....Later
                        Jaspurr

[img]http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y56/vitopagano/jaspurr.jpg[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by jaspurr
                          Interesting responses. IMO it is nothing short of child abusea and therefore someone needs to step in as they have in this case. The parents will get all the support needed at this stage as will the child. The authorities always try to keep details of children secure in such cases but his very thoughtful mother paraded him in his underwear on national television so he is off to a bad start with regards to further abuse from his peers. Well got to go eat....Later
                          Now that I did not know. My opinion of this woman just keeps dropping further and further. What the hell is she thinking? I'm almost always against taking kids away from their parents, but she seriously makes me wonder if that wouldn't be the best thing in this case.

Comment

You will never have food regulated to the point of cutting out the junk food. The world is run by corporations, and doing such would mean such a huge drop in profits, not to mention the loss of jobs, that it will never happen.

Comment

Re: Obesity in Children

Now I could take part in the "meat" of this discussion, but Ill "chew the fat" with an entirely different approach.

Originally posted by jaspurr
                              ...and blames the authorities for not acting sooner.
                              WHY THE HELL IS THE MOM BLAMING THE AUTHORITIES ON THIS?! It sounds like shes not at fault for WILLFULLY giving her kid a bucket of fried chicken every 20 min. Sure we could fight the whole "child abuse" kick, but how bout the "insane mom" kick? It amazes me how little parents will take accountable for their kids. And god forbid anyone just outright say "hey mom, your kid looks like a minivan packed with little debbie snacks, quit feeding him porkchops!" Or just as much, the mom actually takes that thought and does something constructive with it. But OH NO we cant view it that way can we (we being the american scociety of overly politically correct whiners that we are...)

Comment

I get the this kind of carp day in and day out.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                                Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                                  by Apache Warrior
                                  6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                                • Reply to 6 years
                                  by Sirex
                                  I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                                  Just hit 2.5K miles...
                                  5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                                • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                                  by Sirex
                                  Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                                  5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                                • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                                  by Sirex
                                  Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                                  5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                                • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                                  by Sirex
                                  Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                                  5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                                Working...
                                X