IW to shut down?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IW to shut down?

Anyone been following whats been going on? Currently 26 people quit Infinity Ward and left to join Respawn with the backing of EA (great lol from one lousy publisher to the next) Some analyst Mike Hickey for the investors says he thinks Activision will shut down Infinity Ward after the next map packs.

Lawsuits been thrown around back and forth. Activision using fired Jason West and Vince Zampella bonuses to keep the rest of the workers. Some refused and others took the check and ran lol Time to vote bobby kotick of that chair!

oh yeah... I dont have their stocks

Honestly, IW has no more of a place in my heart as Dr. Pepper. They completely dropped the ball on MW2 and it's about time they close it down.

But you should get mad. You actually got a snowmobile out of them.

Comment

Originally posted by K PhaNTOM View Post
      Honestly, IW has no more of a place in my heart as Dr. Pepper. They completely dropped the ball on MW2 and it's about time they close it down.

But you should get mad. You actually got a snowmobile out of them.
      The way I see it. The reason the MW2 came out the way it did was cause of Activision and Bobby. There is a facebook discussion going on about Activision and Bobby and intresting enough. Activision PR guy join the group and talked about somethings from his perspective.

There was something about Activision having a "say" in game development. He said the developers are free to do what ever but Activision will say "we think this way is better" or "Could you change this" lol

Heck. Bobby even wanted a MMO Call of Duty. Now thats a laugh

Only time will tell what Respawn Entertainment will bring since most of the former IW workers are getting hired with Jason West and Vince Zampella company

Comment

Do not blame Activision. If IW did not want to do something they could have said no. They compromised. I see DiCE haven't compromised yet. Nor did Valve. IW is just weak hearted and amazingly stupid. Do not defend those PC sellouts.

Comment

If you lay down with dogs you're going to get some fleas, good riddance. I typically don't get bothered by things like this but that CEO pushed my buttons to where I refused to give a dime of my money to him and his lame game.
          [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4373/35734799443_53cb20ef13_z.jpg[/img]

Killed by CLRs since 2004. WOOT!
          Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

I would be glad to see this happen. Maybe the it will make a statement to other game manufacturers.
            [IMG]http://thepebkac.net/images/sigs/Outdoors_sig.jpg[/IMG]
            Like the community? Donate here:
            [URL="http://www.cainslair.com/misc.php?do=donate"]http://www.cainslair.com/misc.php?do=donate[/URL]

Comment

In other news; "Bungie has signed an exclusive ten-year contract with Activision for worldwide publishing and distribution rights for all future Bungie games."

Great... Now Activision will want to milk to death the Halo series.

Comment

Enough of these petty games, give me a DAY OF DEFEAT SOURCE 2!!!!

Comment

Well I think it was a combination of things at the same time.

Bobby being an idiot, IW compromising what they did, greed comes in there somewhere. IW dev's bailing like rats on a sinking ship because of perceived mistreatment. And last but not least, EA coming out with a more fun game overall.

If EA would have incorporated lan in this thing it would have been a slam dunk and put the nail in the coffin for IW Cod series once and for all.

Corporate types seem to never learn a lesson or listen to the people that make the most sense. So we have what we have.
                  [COLOR="#008080"][/COLOR][SIZE="5"][COLOR="LightBlue"][B]Not everything that counts on the battlefield is countable.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                  Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                    by Apache Warrior
                    6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                  • Reply to 6 years
                    by Sirex
                    I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                    Just hit 2.5K miles...
                    5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                  • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                    by Sirex
                    Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                    5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                  • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                    by Sirex
                    Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                    5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                  • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                    by Sirex
                    Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                    5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                  Working...
                  X