Sorry folks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry folks

So few people had been playing TF2 for the last two months, and donations have been so low, I pulled TF2. Didn't make sense to keep paying for a server very few were using.

Great game, and we had a LOT of fun playing it, but most have moved on...

we understand
    K3BASFM. "Lead, follow, or get out of the way."
    sigpic

Support Cainslair. Donate here! Cain's Lair Forums

Comment

Fun while it lasted. Thanks Cain.

-Rand
      [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
      Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Understood. I 've been expecting it for a while.
        Delivering bacon goodness one round at a time.

Comment

Yeah, that stinks... but I would've done the same things. Past couple months 0/32 people all day everyday (when i played)

I finally jumped in BC2 after a month or so, was having fun in vent last night.

Forced us all into early CL TF2 retirement

Comment

Ahhh...the power of cheese!

Comment

Haha, and it has come full circle !!! I am now back playing TF2 with a vengeance (2Fort only again .. sorry, I can't help myself) and the server goes away. Its like deja vu in reverse.

Thanks again Cain for making it work over the past year and a half, as we had a helluva grand time playing on the server, with some online friendships renewed and some new ones formed.

The time you put into these servers as well as the $$ investment is much more than we would know, so I offer you my sincere thanks for your efforts to keep us occupied. Its been over 10 years you've had to deal with me, so thanks for keeping it fun all these years.
              Oh if a man tried to take his time on Earth and prove before he died what one man's life could be worth, well I wonder what would happen to this world ? - Harry Chapin

Comment

As usual, it was a first class effort & provided a lot of fun.

Thanks Cain!

Comment

Just want to say thanks for the TF2. If it wasnt for Cains I would never had try it out. I always thought TF2 was cheezy but it wasnt bad at all. Did took me a while to figure out everyone had rolls. I couldnt find a sweet spot so I played heavy and laydown the ammo

Comment

Some of us do still play TF2 at another server. I dont think I'm done with this game yet

I'm not going to link it, but you can find us via friends list if you're in for a game sometimes.
                    Delivering bacon goodness one round at a time.

Comment

We had a good, long, fun run with it here. It will be missed.

It is definately one of my favorites of all time. I'm not done with it yet, either.
                      [SIZE=1][B]"Now more than ever the people are responsible for the character of their Congress. If that body be ignorant, reckless, and corrupt, it is because the people tolerate ignorance, recklessness, and corruption." ~President James Garfield[/B][/SIZE]
                      <<< Please [URL="http://www.cainslair.com/misc.php?do=donate"]donate[/URL] >>>

Comment

had some good times, great games in the server while it lasted, also met some really good competitive people. btw i took no done with this game, even tho i haven't log in like in a month
                        Hit 'em like comic books, kaboom! pow pow!

Comment

I haven't played this game in a while but it goes down as one of the better ones we have had IMHO.
                          [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4373/35734799443_53cb20ef13_z.jpg[/img]

Killed by CLRs since 2004. WOOT!
                          Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Err

Am I crazy or did the server only boot ME out whenever I tried to connect, in the last 2 months? Even before that, I'd say. Not saying you didn't take it consideration but is it why it was always 0/32? And I know for a fact I wasn't the only one with the problem... just pointing this out!

Thank you guys, had a GREAT time with you all, had fun screaming PUSH THE CART and generally being a douchebag on the server with my buddy walldead.

Comment

*Sigh* I thought this would happen... :P

Well, it was amazing to get to know you all, and I hope to see you around in the Steam Community more often. All I question is is it worth buying BC2? Or will this be gone as quickly?

Thanks Cain for everything - the Lair is truly the most mature and organized gaming community ever.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                              Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                                by Apache Warrior
                                6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                              • Reply to 6 years
                                by Sirex
                                I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                                Just hit 2.5K miles...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                              • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                                by Sirex
                                Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                              • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                                by Sirex
                                Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                              • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                                by Sirex
                                Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                              Working...
                              X