No announcement yet.

Is Oblivion worth it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haha, man its a game I really really want.
    You're supposed to be able to climb anything that protrudes 2 inches from a wall, building, tree, etc.
    Also, the movements are inspired by parkour which is something I'm learning right now. I'm so stoked for Assassin's Creed!!!
    Oh, and not all your missions are about assassinating, sometimes you steal from the rich and give to the poor, Robin Hood style.

Oh, btw. I have Oblivion, and I was hooked on it for 3 days, then I quit. But maybe that's just me

Wiki: Parkour http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parkour
    Wiki: Assassin's Creed http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assassin%27s_creed

I hope this isn't a thread jack

Comment

well I bought oblivion and I'm having a hell of a time. REALLY fun and the graphics are amazing. I'm still however having trouble getting use to the controls. Is there a way to make the world map bigger?

Comment

Originally posted by thedeadlyasn
        Is there a way to make the world map bigger?
        Yup.
        Welcome to the wonderful world of Oblivion modding:

http://btmod.beider.org/

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonFire
          Is there a way to make the world map bigger?
          Yup.
          Welcome to the wonderful world of Oblivion modding:

http://btmod.beider.org/

thats the other nice thing. the game is so open that its easily moddable, and there are many out there. zelda mods, new maps, areas dungeons, etc. all homegrown!

Comment

is it free?

Comment

most mods are. some of them have a small nominal fee. but i'd venture that 90% of the mods out there are free. without reading too far into it, look at the spoilers thread. there are lots of links to various mods. some of them are pretty sweet. otherwise, just google a search for them

Comment

hehe I already read a walkthru. I remember the lil dagger that mehrunes daggoth gives you in Morrowind if you talk to his shrine. Love how the game continues some history. Only 3 major rants I have about the game, everything else I love.

1)offline (but sometimes can be good)
                2) I can't make my argonian look like the ones in morrowind
                3) No houses I Loved being in one of the 3 houses and building a stronghold, now I can't (to my knowledge)

Comment

hehe I already read a walkthru. I remember the lil dagger that mehrunes daggoth gives you in Morrowind if you talk to his shrine. Love how the game continues some history. Only 3 major rants I have about the game, everything else I love.

1)offline (but sometimes can be good)
                  2) I can't make my argonian look like the ones in morrowind
                  3) No houses I Loved being in one of the 3 houses and building a stronghold, now I can't (to my knowledge)
                  3) There are houses you can purchase. You usually have to get in good with the npc that will sell it to you first before they'll even give it to you as an option. So quest up man!

And yes, mods are usually free on the PC. At least user-made ones. Thats where the console versions of games will just never catch up - PCs are made for customization.

Comment

No no no I mean like house of telvanni, house of Hlaalu, and house redoran. I do read the loading messages you know :P

Comment

No no no I mean like house of telvanni, house of Hlaalu, and house redoran. I do read the loading messages you know :P
                      In Oblivion U have some kind of Guilds... Magic, Armor, etc.
                      There is no houses like was in other games, IMO this game is THE BEST RPG... I`v spend more then 100 hrs. and just start main path....Closing the oblivion gates

And i don`t like expansion pack... this is nothing more like few more quests to do.
                      Expansion pack uninstalled...
                      Have tons of fun with OBLIVION

Comment

I am, only thing is I have water-phobia. I cannot stand going in water, and my next quest for the Black Hand is to kill some physco argonian in a flooded cave. Got in there and I was the physco. I cannot stand being in water, I have a fear of water creatures. In morrowind, I almost freaked out in reality when I was doing the one God Shrine quest where you must rebuild the guys shrine. To actvate the quest, you must go to the middle of the ocean and click on his head on his old shrine that sunk. I was then attacked by slaughter fish and I was desperate to get out of the water. CHEATS FTW! Gotta love addspell levitate + infinite magika

But I'm having WAY too much fun, I think I wanna call in sick tomorrow... "Oh yeah I have that one thing... what's it called... uhh... appendicitis yeah..." My poor friend that lives in Cali got it, and my friend tayeke got it about 3 years ago... when's my turn? No Pain no Game hehe (all you that have had it are probably thinking I'm crazy... well... I am)

Comment

I am, only thing is I have water-phobia. I cannot stand going in water, and my next quest for the Black Hand is to kill some physco argonian in a flooded cave. Got in there and I was the physco. I cannot stand being in water, I have a fear of water creatures. In morrowind, I almost freaked out in reality when I was doing the one God Shrine quest where you must rebuild the guys shrine. To actvate the quest, you must go to the middle of the ocean and click on his head on his old shrine that sunk. I was then attacked by slaughter fish and I was desperate to get out of the water. CHEATS FTW! Gotta love addspell levitate + infinite magika
                          )
                          lol wow, i was also terrified on what the hell lurked in the dark waters of marrowind. thats why i loved to walk OVER it

Comment

I used to run around Morrowind with Boots of Blinding Speed (making sure that I protected myself from its blindness effect first of course) and water walking active. I would practically fly over the ocean. Very useful, especially when I needed to get to the mudcrab merchant.

Oblivion waters are not as dangerous, and I've got Fin Gleam (a very, very cool secret helmet found at a static location hidden underwater). It gives you detect life, nightvision, and water breathing. It's the single most useful thing I think I've come across, great for underwater and for exploring dark dungeons.

-Rand
                            [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
                            Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                            Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                              by Apache Warrior
                              6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                            • Reply to 6 years
                              by Sirex
                              I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                              Just hit 2.5K miles...
                              5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                            • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                              by Sirex
                              Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                              5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                            • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                              by Sirex
                              Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                              5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                            • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                              by Sirex
                              Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                              5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                            Working...
                            X