Cains Lair in Favorites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cains Lair in Favorites

Does everyone now have both of or servers in their Favorites??

Any tips or tricks to adding them to Favs???

Do the Favs work properly now??

I couldn't get Favs to work (but I was only messing around for a few minutes). The Recent Servers tab worked for me after pressing refresh and waiting for a minute or so (letting it accumulate all the servers first, then finding my recent ones).

I was able to find both servers tonight, and after waiting 2 minutes or so I had over 2000 servers total in the browser.
    "When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a Communist."
    - Dom Helder Camara

Comment

I have them in my favorites now.
      Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
      Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
      I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
      Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

It appears the only way they show up in the favorites after you have added them is if they are in a server listing somewhere and has refreshed on your machine.
        [IMG]http://thepebkac.net/images/sigs/Outdoors_sig.jpg[/IMG]
        Like the community? Donate here:
        [URL="http://www.cainslair.com/misc.php?do=donate"]http://www.cainslair.com/misc.php?do=donate[/URL]

Comment

I have it saved to fav but it will not show up

Comment

As DougBob mentioned..once you have them in your Favs:

1) You need to hit refresh to see them

2) They will only show up if they are also available on the main server browser.

As most have figured out by now...the server browser will show 200 servers sometimes and 2000 servers other times. At the moment it seems to be random and hit or miss whether they will show up or not.

They all hope they get this sorted out sooner rather than later.

Yesterday i spent hours trying to find the server or invite people once I got in - it is a highly frustrating process.

Comment

Is there no way to enter the server manually?

Comment

Originally posted by Tuck View Post
                Is there no way to enter the server manually?
                Not that I have been able to find.
                Apache

I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
                Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Apache Warrior View Post
                  Not that I have been able to find.
                  Apache
                  I spent all day hitting refresh, but only found the EC server after midnight. No one was in it. I joined anyway and saved it as a favorite. Are you guys telling me it might not show up in favorites when I go to play later?

Could you send me an invite? Will that help?

Ashagoteh.

Comment

If manually joining means by entering the IP address? Not possible today.
                    - I assume their customer research concluded that feature wasn't appropriate for console players.

So, regardless of whether our server is in your favs or not, your server browser has to find it or you cannot join.

Game developers have different goals than we do. Mostly, we want better games with more players. Mostly, they want a lots of console players. They continue to implement new software designs to resolve internet problems for 3 unique console types (+ PCs if possible).

Comment

"Could you send me an invite? Will that help?"

- Tuck, What's your Steam name? I'll add you to my "invite if lonely" list.

I think this works, but I haven't tried it. Post here if it fails.
                      After you launch the multiplayer game, click on Friends. Click the names of people who are on-line. When you select a name, people playing BO will show a "join" option (bottom of screen). When you click that, you will begin loading into whatever server they are in. You can cancel when you see the server name, or let it load. I haven't found a way to see the server name without clicking to join.

Comment

Thanks. My Steam name is TuckinSC. My in game name is Tuck.

Comment

I added you to my friends list Tuck. If I am in, and see you, I will send you an invite.
                          Apache

Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Thanks, Apache.

Comment

also make sure that your filters are set to view the server's game mode.... favorites will not show up if you have your browser filtered to only view certain modes when the server in question is not in that certain mode.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                              Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                                by Apache Warrior
                                6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                              • Reply to 6 years
                                by Sirex
                                I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                                Just hit 2.5K miles...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                              • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                                by Sirex
                                Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                              • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                                by Sirex
                                Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                              • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                                by Sirex
                                Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                              Working...
                              X