• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Undecided

Now that some peeps have been playing for a while would you guys tell me:

a) Buy it because it is just worth the price
    b) Buy it because it is "OK" but Cain has a server so it's a must
    c) Save your money and limited play time for something else

If it wasn't for the CLR servers I would prolly give this one a miss but I am tempted. Plus the commercial with Kobe made me want it at least a tiny bit even though there isn't any game play in it.

If they'd have skipped the ad with Kobe, they might have had enough cash to pay some programmers (instead of rehashing WAW with a few strategy twists). In no way is it worth 60 bucks (as Rogue7 so aptly put it, "it looks like something you could download for free" [might be a bit of an exaggeration, but not so far]). The only reason I got it is to play with CLRs. But with only 18 people on a server and nobody talking, just running in circles, some camping, as necessary in tdm, even that's fading away.

I'm at like level 48 of 50. Haven't prestiged yet. Barring some amazing change to the game, I'm guessing I might hold my interest for another week...maybe two, if Mapes is on with his tomahawk.

Comment

for now, keep your money dude
      i reinstalled COD4 instead and play on an local (indonesian) server
      reasons:
      -black ops is so laggy and the latest patch has not completely fixed it
      -i am used to playing cod games at 125 fps and it is smooth as hell, but a lot of eyecandies are locked in black ops and cant be turned off even manually using the config file
      -many maps make campers do well

you can be on the top of the score board one game, and at the bottom on the next depending on how much the lag hates u

edit: oh yea, i forgot to mention the bugs:
      -sometimes u cant connect to the game at all and u'll have to restart steam
      -sometimes u cant level up, your current experience will exceed the bar, but you wont level up unless you leave game and reenter a game. And then, your progress on that level will be rest back to 0.

Comment

Keep you money man and wait for the game to drop down in price.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnyRico View Post
          Now that some peeps have been playing for a while would you guys tell me:

a) Buy it because it is just worth the price
          b) Buy it because it is "OK" but Cain has a server so it's a must
          c) Save your money and limited play time for something else

If it wasn't for the CLR servers I would prolly give this one a miss but I am tempted. Plus the commercial with Kobe made me want it at least a tiny bit even though there isn't any game play in it.
          A) not worth the price yet. If it drops down to the 40 dollar range i say its a buy then.
          b) It depends, I personally don't like hardcore mode and both of Cain's servers are HC. So I find my self playing elsewhere. I play with a group of old WoW buddies but if i didnt have them to play with (or CLRs) i probably wouldn't have got the game.

Leveling up is really easy, I've prestige'd twice already (it really helps when youre with a group of friends on vent too, makes rolling the other team easy). Though i have put in alot of hours this past week.
          Delivering bacon goodness one round at a time.

Comment

Thanks for the advice! Guess it's back to the wastelands in Fallout. And Civ 5.

Comment

Yeah I agree a friend asked me about both games BO and MoH and in retrospect I wouldn't buy either the second time around

Comment

I say its a buy. Its not as good as cod4, but once all the kinks are worked out its should be good.

Comment

This game as well MW2 and MOH are the WORST game purchases i EVER made. I feel really sorry i wasted my money on that.

Comment

6-1 against. Anybody else?

Comment

In all honestly, if this game were not hosted by Cain, I probably would have passed. Having said that, I still think it's a buy because it's a fun game to play, and the single player mode is pretty awesome, IMO.

Comment

I really enjoy the game, I don't know why every hates it so much. It is just like the other COD games (as was pretty much expected), with some slight changes.

I haven't had any performance issues, and enjoyed the campaign. I have been wasting TOO much time on the zombies gametype, which is new if you have only played COD4. My only complaint is that Cain's is running TDM (which I feel gets boring), but there are certainly other fun gametypes out there!
                        "When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a Communist."
                        - Dom Helder Camara

Comment

I should say i don't hate the game either, just certain things. I still think its worth buying.
                          Delivering bacon goodness one round at a time.

Comment

The way I look at it. If your undecided, then dont get it. If your a COD junky like me, then yes, its way better then the buggy BFBC2

Is it worth 60 dollars, No game is worth 60 dollars.

Comment

bfbc2 was better
                              Last edited by SIR Rossy; 19 Nov 2010, 10:50 PM.
                              sigpic

The sentence below is true.
                              The sentence above is false.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                              Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                                by Apache Warrior
                                6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                              • Reply to 6 years
                                by Sirex
                                I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                                Just hit 2.5K miles...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                              • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                                by Sirex
                                Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                              • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                                by Sirex
                                Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                              • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                                by Sirex
                                Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                              Working...
                              X