latest patch problemos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

latest patch problemos

So, Steam downloaded the latest patch for the game, and the game has locked up twice now on me after about 4 rounds of gameplay. I've had to exit via task manager, in which it said that blackops is not responding. I haven't changed any settings. Anyone else have any problems since the patch? And, wow, thanks again Treyarch for a grade "D" product.

Originally posted by Skud View Post
    So, Steam downloaded the latest patch for the game, and the game has locked up twice now on me after about 4 rounds of gameplay. I've had to exit via task manager, in which it said that blackops is not responding. I haven't changed any settings. Anyone else have any problems since the patch? And, wow, thanks again Treyarch for a grade "D" product.
    I love those Patch mate if it F the game up this time then I will Delete the game from HD and never install it again.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost_Rain View Post
      I love those Patch mate if it F the game up this time then I will Delete the game from HD and never install it again.
      Let me know if you have problems too. I don't know if it's the patch itself or if it was somehow corrupted and I will therefore have to reinstall the whole deal.

Comment

A buddy of mine had problems with the game after the patch. He said it would lock up, and the game is now unplayable due to increased lag. My guess would be that its the patch.

Comment

Originally posted by Reconsnipe1 View Post
          A buddy of mine had problems with the game after the patch. He said it would lock up, and the game is now unplayable due to increased lag. My guess would be that its the patch.
          Thanks, Recon. Mine's been locking up still, usually at the end of round screen. I tried dropping resolution from 1,900 (which I used fine before) to 1,300. Didn't help. I tried rolling back video drivers which updated a few days ago. Didn't help. I'm thinking it was the update or the download, which paused for a bit. I won't bother with trying to reinstall the game if such is the case: it's too weak in too many ways to go through the effort for it.

Comment

The new Patch is causing me Major problem with lock ups after 4 mins of gameplay also it freezing a lot more more now and lagging as got worse.

Comment

The new Patch is causing me Major problem with lock ups after 4 mins of gameplay also it freezing a lot more more now and lagging as got worse.
              same here
              K3BASFM. "Lead, follow, or get out of the way."
              sigpic

Support Cainslair. Donate here! Cain's Lair Forums

Comment

Originally posted by Minerva View Post
                same here
                Well, glad I'm not the only one (but not glad it's giving you problems, Minerva and GhostRain). I uninstalled my vid drivers yesterday, reinstalled them. Game still crashes. Got on the server last night...saw Warhead and Baconoclock...game crashed out too many times. I gave up...frustrated...wanting to game with my buds. I uninstalled the game, am reinstalling now in a last ditch effort...hoping that it was perhaps a corrupt download. After all this work for a game that should have came out polished, seeing that they hardly seemed to change the engine or anything, I will give it three crashes before uninstalling and leaving it that way. Would love to see some of you in game...which is why I got the damned thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Skud View Post
                  Well, glad I'm not the only one (but not glad it's giving you problems, Minerva and GhostRain). I uninstalled my vid drivers yesterday, reinstalled them. Game still crashes. Got on the server last night...saw Warhead and Baconoclock...game crashed out too many times. I gave up...frustrated...wanting to game with my buds. I uninstalled the game, am reinstalling now in a last ditch effort...hoping that it was perhaps a corrupt download. After all this work for a game that should have came out polished, seeing that they hardly seemed to change the engine or anything, I will give it three crashes before uninstalling and leaving it that way. Would love to see some of you in game...which is why I got the damned thing.
                  I've stopped playing it on the pc till all these bugs are sort they is not half the bug on the 360 version of the game than what they is on the PC

Comment

I've stopped playing it on the pc till all these bugs are sort they is not half the bug on the 360 version of the game than what they is on the PC
                    That's because, I'm guessing, consoles are priority one these days with many developers.

Comment

My experience this morning also. More lag, the server browser may be even worse, if that's possible, and I crashed 3 times trying to join a friends game.

Hard to believe this many bugs with a game engine that is so old. It should be rock solid.
                      A change of Pace.
                      "All the fun of a clan without the BS" - Cain

Comment

Originally posted by treyarch
                        11/11
                        - Friends fix for join in progress and Friends tab in server browser.
                        - Performance improvement for dual and quad core.
                        - Improved connectivity with Black Ops Rcon tool.
                        If by "friends fix" they mean "totally screwed up", then yeah, they fixed it.
                        A change of Pace.
                        "All the fun of a clan without the BS" - Cain

Comment

Originally posted by paceman View Post
                          My experience this morning also. More lag, the server browser may be even worse, if that's possible, and I crashed 3 times trying to join a friends game.

Hard to believe this many bugs with a game engine that is so old. It should be rock solid.
                          Played about 4 rounds after install...thinking things were good...then it locked up, always near game end. Wow.

Comment

By the time i get online late this afternoon, maybe they will have a patch for the patch.
                            ??Click me to donate??

Comment

Sound like bfbc2

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                              Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                                by Apache Warrior
                                6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                              • Reply to 6 years
                                by Sirex
                                I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                                Just hit 2.5K miles...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                              • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                                by Sirex
                                Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                              • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                                by Sirex
                                Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                              • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                                by Sirex
                                Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                              Working...
                              X