School Drama and Needing Suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

School Drama and Needing Suggestions

Ok, so im kinda tech savy and this kid at my school got a copy of windows vista ultimate and he comes up saying dude look! and he had like 50 copies burned, and he said he got it from his brother who works as a server administrator or something and says that his brother showed him how to make them "genuine" copies, and is going around at my school selling them for $20's, and he came up to myself asking twice do i want to buy one, and its a $600 program, i said no and im curious, should i go and report him to the Police Liaison at my school for copyright infringement or something?

Please give me suggestions on what i should do with this situation, i mean sure i hate microsoft but i dont like seeing a developers hard work being suckered out.
    Yes
    0%
    No
    0%

woah!

If I understand right... definitely report him. Depending on how well you know him, at least warn him what he's doing is VERY wrong.

Its one thing, and its wrong, to get a copy of an illegal software... but its another thing ENTIRELY to sell that copy. WOW!

Report him.

Comment

u understand it right.

Comment

I remembering letting an Ipod go in College, that's a 200 dollar or so piece of crap equipment. This is definently illegal. Report him ASAP.

Comment

You should report him for being stupid. Actually I wouldn't report him cause the MS will screw over his family however...I would mention he is being less thaqn discret and maybe he should stop! that way some asshat dosn't get his life ruined and MS can keep thier money

Comment

Originally posted by mapes
            You should report him for being stupid.
            No kidding. Selling pirated versions of software from one of the biggest corporations in the US....

Comment

Originally posted by illusion
              Originally posted by mapes
              You should report him for being stupid.
              No kidding. Selling pirated versions of software from one of the biggest corporations in the US....
              one of the biggest? hes gonna get so f***ed that!...
              well... nvm..

Comment

after i got a warning for downloading battlestar galactica season 1...

I changed my pants (I was in a cold sweat for three days!)...

then proceeded to not download anything copyright protected again.

Bad reason to stop... but hey, I stopped.

Sometimes you have to learn the hard way how stupid you're being.

Comment

Originally posted by obscurehero
                  after i got a warning for downloading battlestar galactica season 1...
                  That's interesting. Who warned you?

Comment

Surely they are useless copies as all software needs online verification, especially when you update them. My PC required genuine software verification before I could do an update and as it was all genuine it was not aproblem. I also installed the software on my laptop and it would not let me update it, infact I am sure some programmes have dissapeared, though that's probably my stupidity rather than MS interference.
                    Jaspurr

[img]http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y56/vitopagano/jaspurr.jpg[/img]

Comment

Uhhh no

Comment

I'd report him to the head of the school. But hope they don't get any outside parties involved. Seems like he is a runner for his brother, so he should be the one to get blamed.

Comment

I would report him to the school as well, but wouldn't go any higher up the food chain. Hopefully, school administration would scare the pants off of him enough to realize how much trouble he could get in without bringing litigation and law suits against him and his whole family.

M$ would take him and all his relatives to the cleaners for something that could be corrected by the school. Generally, I've never really seen firms go after the casual pirate that is using software without intent to sell to 3rd parties, but they -will- send their attack dogs (which I hear are 10x worse than a Bknight3 tagging rampage ) if they get the scent that you are selling their material.

Report him and stay clear.

Comment

Not to sound bad... but thats a fast way to get the fbi knocking on your door.

MS will come after people are selling copies and exspecialy school copies. Recently ms made a huge attack on schools because they donated vista for school computers. which people pirated and began selling.

Needless to say... id stay away from him... Doing crap like that will get you on the news and some new silver bracelets

Comment

First i'd report him for actually trying to sell me a copy (because i'm cheap), and second for being an idiot. And yes, they do take those reports seriously. More than they used to.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                              Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                                by Apache Warrior
                                6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                              • Reply to 6 years
                                by Sirex
                                I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                                Just hit 2.5K miles...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                              • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                                by Sirex
                                Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                              • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                                by Sirex
                                Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                              • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                                by Sirex
                                Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                              Working...
                              X