No announcement yet.

School Drama and Needing Suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I do not condone what this kid is doing and he/his brother need to be reported, but you may want to do it anonymously, his brother could come after you or something not good.
    [img]http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y56/vitopagano/CoD2/limeyfunny.jpg[/img]
    [img]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y232/english911/admin.jpg[/img]
    [size=4][color=blue][url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url][/color][/size]

Comment

i bet microsofts webpage has something you can fill out. Personally, I think he's stupid for trying to sell them. If he was giving them away that's a different story ... either way it won't have genuine advantage and will be lame for those who install it anyway.

Comment

Maybe a quiet word with him in private. I don't condone what he is doing but does he really understand the significance of his actions, probably not. Once the authorities get involved he will have to carry that record with him for the rest of his life, and I don't imagine it would be too bright with such a history. Everyone makes mistakes, help him rectify them before they are permanent
        Jaspurr

[img]http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y56/vitopagano/jaspurr.jpg[/img]

Comment

Personally, I'd just look the other way. Microsoft isn't losing any product, all they are losing is a potential sale and even that is unlikely. Most people don't buy an OS for their existing computer, they just get the new one with their new system. If anything, people will see how poorly their system runs Vista, reinstall XP, or buy a new computer from big box mart and Microsoft gets their fair share from the windows tax.

Comment

Originally posted by jaspurr
            Maybe a quiet word with him in private. I don't condone what he is doing but does he really understand the significance of his actions, probably not. Once the authorities get involved he will have to carry that record with him for the rest of his life, and I don't imagine it would be too bright with such a history. Everyone makes mistakes, help him rectify them before they are permanent
            + 1 well said jaspurr.
            [img]http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i61/2HARDKOR/maj_massacre.jpg[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by ~SAS~LIMEY
              I do not condone what this kid is doing and he/his brother need to be reported, but you may want to do it anonymously, his brother could come after you or something not good.

Yeah... might wanna be weary of trying to tell on him. One you might get supena (or what ever they are called) to court. Not to mention revenge is a powerful motive. Your best bet is probably just avoid him. when he doesl get caught, he should have no reason to blame you.

Comment

If you want to live the rest of your high school days as a rat, then report him.

my two cents.

I vote "no."

I never had any issues with anyone when minding my own business.

Karma will get him in the end.

Comment

Report him if you like... it is technically against the rules. However, no one likes a rat and no one is really being hurt by his actions... he is just trying to make a quick buck.

Comment

a quick buck that is highly illegal, i mean come on guys actually spent five to six years trying to develop it and sure, i doubt it will hurt them finanically but i mean come on this is rediculous, im just gonna say dude, stop if you were one of the programmers would you like to be suckered out of your hard work and effort? least thats what ithink i should say.

Comment

If he is doing this purposefully and knows what he is doing and will not stop, I'd say get the head of the school or the police. I tried selling those toys that came with Cheerio boxes when I was 8. My teacher scared me

Comment

Originally posted by TheProphet2213
                        a quick buck that is highly illegal, i mean come on guys actually spent five to six years trying to develop it and sure, i doubt it will hurt them finanically but i mean come on this is rediculous, im just gonna say dude, stop if you were one of the programmers would you like to be suckered out of your hard work and effort? least thats what ithink i should say.
                        Prophet I agree with MCA. The possible outcome of you reporting him is

1. Your labeled a rat for the rest of your HS life. HS sucks enuff as it is...don't make it worse.

2. He and or his brother/family can get sued by M$. Costing tons of money in legal settlment fees.

3. Black mark on is record.

4. M$ may loose money in the short term but, people will prolly buy a M$ OS later on and therefore he is creating a customer base for M$.

my .02$

Comment

Originally posted by jaspurr
                          I agree with you.
                          K3BASFM. "Lead, follow, or get out of the way."
                          sigpic

Support Cainslair. Donate here! Cain's Lair Forums

Comment

I voted no as well.

First off he's stupid for selling something no one really needs. I mean jeez, kids must be more nerdy than now than when I went to school if a hot OS is worth soliciting. Back in circa 1988 if you tried to solicit an OS you would have been the subject of public ridicule and most definately a wedgie.

Seriously, if he sells all fifty copies or even more, how many do you think will actually get installed? Even if every one does install it, how many will regret doing it. Either their system won't be able run it well or eventually they'll get locked out in a service pack. Just let nature take it's course on this one.
                            Old school or the new, doesn't mean a thing if your heart's not true...

Comment

mmm...

How bout a nice hardy synthesis of all the advice. Don't go to the Feds, but do talk to him first.

Then, if he still continues go to the administration of your school. As far as you're concerned, the buck stops there. Just make sure to be as kind and humble about it as possible.

Good luck!

Comment

Blackmail, hes got to be making money from the people who are buying the copies.

Thats what would be best for you.
                                All kidding aside do what makes you sleep good at night

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                                Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                                  by Apache Warrior
                                  6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                                • Reply to 6 years
                                  by Sirex
                                  I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                                  Just hit 2.5K miles...
                                  5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                                • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                                  by Sirex
                                  Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                                  5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                                • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                                  by Sirex
                                  Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                                  5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                                • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                                  by Sirex
                                  Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                                  5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                                Working...
                                X