must have been meant to be. the new build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

must have been meant to be. the new build

so with all my debating, i missed the sale on the 965BE, but it went back on sale today, so yay for me.

new build is as follows.
    CPU :
    Newegg.com - AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition Deneb 3.4GHz 4 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache Socket AM3 125W Quad-Core Processor HDZ965FBGMBOX

MoBo:
    Newegg.com - MSI 870-G45 AM3 AMD 770 ATX AMD Motherboard

RAM:
    Newegg.com - GeIL Value PLUS 4GB Desktop Memory Model GVP34GB1600C9DC

Vid Card: ( this was a nightmare choosing but whatever)
    Newegg.com - Open Box: PowerColor AX5770 1GBD5-H Radeon HD 5770 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card

and since im only running good ole XP, i went ahead and bought this
    Newegg.com - Microsoft Windows 7 Family Pack Home Premium Upgrade - Retail 3 PCs

all this came to a mere 485 shipped. if i didnt need the OS, i think it would be a steal at 360$( also, if i didnt need the OS, a much much better vid card would have been on that list) there were some things, like the BE970 is out, but a mere 100mhz increase in speed isnt worth 30$.
    This will be my experiment with an ATI card, if i dont like it, next year ill get some sort of nvidia card again.

are the codes to win7 machine specific? i know i cant just throw one code on all my machines, but what i mean is, lets say i put codes 1&2 on machines 1&2, can i ever upgrade those machines and use the codes again,, somehow i read they got specifically locked to your exact set up at time of install( read that on these forums when win 7 was released)

Have fun with your new machine and don't forget to post up a few pics.
    [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4373/35734799443_53cb20ef13_z.jpg[/img]

Killed by CLRs since 2004. WOOT!
    Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by Duke{CLR} View Post
      Have fun with your new machine and don't forget to post up a few pics.

yeah, will do. its about time for me to bust the cases apart and do a massive cleaning on them anyway. plus, i didnt buy a new aftermarket cooler, so i need to put the stock back on my dual, and the aftermarket on the quadcore.. if you know any of those dust bunnies, kiss them goodbye.

Comment

You should have got the HD5830. It's not long been released and is faster than the 5770 while being very closely priced.

But oh well. Have fun with the new build.

Comment

there were none for sale on newegg when i was looking the few that were, none of the prices were even close. not close by a mile or 1.609 km for you european folks, heh.

i consider most rebates and mail in forms to be a scam, so while with rebates, some came close, but overall pricing was just 50$ or so more than i was willing to spend. plus, like i said, this is an experiment with ATI cards. I dont really care what is more powerful that the 5770, as most cards are,i did TONS of reading and the 5770 is going to be about 10x better than my current sli set up, so i am ok with it.

Comment

Must be a UK thing then. The 5830 is ?10 (around $16) more expensive than the 5770.

There is also the new 550Ti from Nvidia will is also a very fast card for similar prices. In some cases this card will match the 1gb GTX460.

We need pics of the build btw.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
            Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
              by Apache Warrior
              6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
            • Reply to 6 years
              by Sirex
              I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
              Just hit 2.5K miles...
              5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
            • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
              by Sirex
              Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
              5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
            • Reply to Hell Let Loose
              by Sirex
              Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
              5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
            • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
              by Sirex
              Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
              5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
            Working...
            X