• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Windows 7 question

Newegg has 32 bit Win 7 that says supports 64bit,
    but also has 64 bit Win 7 discs.

Really confusing.

Upgrade or full install. Major Pita if did full install though.
    ??Click me to donate??

i bought the family 3 pack. it allows me to upgrade 3 machines for 129 give or take 5$. the package has 2 discs, the 32 and 64 bit versions. perhaps all upgrades have the two discs.

PITA!!! i didnt do an upgrade, i had a wiped HDD so i did a fresh install on that. The code the gave me( only 1) wasnt valid, so i had to call microsoft and get a new key. ill need to do this when i upgrade 2nd machine, and again for is and when 3rd machine. After that, all is well, and it saved me some cash, but GD... headache till then. nothing like having a thick indian accent trying to read letter of the alphabet to you .

if you are only doing one machine, and doing a fresh install,I'd go with the full version. my choice was a $$$ issue since i needed at least 2 codes.

Comment

Full versions usually have both 32 and 64bits.

Comment

Went ahead and got the 3 pack .....
        ??Click me to donate??

Comment

if your box has more than one key, let me know. also, curious as to if the first new key they give you works.

Comment

Originally posted by Infamous View Post
            i bought the family 3 pack. it allows me to upgrade 3 machines for 129 give or take 5$. the package has 2 discs, the 32 and 64 bit versions. perhaps all upgrades have the two discs.

PITA!!! i didnt do an upgrade, i had a wiped HDD so i did a fresh install on that. The code the gave me( only 1) wasnt valid, so i had to call microsoft and get a new key. ill need to do this when i upgrade 2nd machine, and again for is and when 3rd machine. After that, all is well, and it saved me some cash, but GD... headache till then. nothing like having a thick indian accent trying to read letter of the alphabet to you .

if you are only doing one machine, and doing a fresh install,I'd go with the full version. my choice was a $$$ issue since i needed at least 2 codes.
            did you do the registry hack described in this link?

http://www.winsupersite.com/article/...-upgrade-media

it worked perfectly for me.

Comment

no, i called microsoft and had them fix their crap.

Comment

they let you do a full install with an upgrade disk. I fail to see how that is fixing there crap. also, I was trying to be helpful. next time try google before you waste your time on the phone.

Comment

i wasnt able to "hack" anything. nothing i did would let me go past entering the code, which was invalid.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                  Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                    by Apache Warrior
                    6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                  • Reply to 6 years
                    by Sirex
                    I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                    Just hit 2.5K miles...
                    5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                  • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                    by Sirex
                    Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                    5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                  • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                    by Sirex
                    Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                    5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                  • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                    by Sirex
                    Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                    5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                  Working...
                  X