HDD data tranfer rate.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HDD data tranfer rate.

how does one up this? i just noticed my "windows experience" is only a 5.4 due to this( everything else is 7.5 or above)

i have a 7200 rpm 250GB HDD running win7 64 bit. Its an SATA drive. machine seems to run fine, but i guess according to those numbers, it could be running better

Get a 10k rpm disk or step up to solid state basically. Personally i use 7200rpm drives and am fine with it. The price point on SSD isn't to the point where ill buy.
    Delivering bacon goodness one round at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by Infamous View Post
      how does one up this? i just noticed my "windows experience" is only a 5.4 due to this( everything else is 7.5 or above)

i have a 7200 rpm 250GB HDD running win7 64 bit. Its an SATA drive. machine seems to run fine, but i guess according to those numbers, it could be running better
      +1 to what Bacon says. My 10,000k Velociraptor rates a 5.9 on the Windows Experience...in other words, I'm guessing the difference would be imperceptible. If your machines seems to be running fine to you, then I'd keep it just as it is.

Comment

Really the only way you will get an appreciable increase in that number is if you go with an SSD drive. It all depends on whether you think it is worth it to pay the premium. A 120GB drive will cost you around $200, and I don't know if you will really see an appreciable difference in the long run other than quicker boot times and maybe quicker load times.
        [url=http://www.enjin.com/bf3-signature-generator][img]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-bf3/1fad512dc784c11c.png[/img][/url]

Comment

Who cares about the windows experience rating?

Oh and +1 to what Dead Again says.

Comment

apparently i do, so i asked. thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Infamous View Post
              apparently i do, so i asked. thanks.
              Well you shouldn't, that's why i told you.

Comment

I have an 80GB Intel SSD and it gets a 7.4. However, if you plan on getting a SSD you should get something larger than 80. It's tiny. My SSD is only for my windows copy and it took well over 20GB, so I only have 35GB left. I like my drives empty.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X