No announcement yet.

Putting together a new Computer!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If your cooler says it supports 1156, it will support 1155 as well. they use the same adapter.
    [url=http://www.enjin.com/bf3-signature-generator][img]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-bf3/1fad512dc784c11c.png[/img][/url]

Comment

Well I finally have all the correct parts lol. Gonna cost me a bit for the mistakes but I guess this is a learning experience none the less. But here is the ultimate final build. The pics will be up by this weekend probably once I get the parts and build it:

Windows 7 64 bit Home Edition
      Processor: Intel Core i7 Processor i7-2600k 3.4GHz 8MB LGA1155 CPU (I upgraded lol)
      RAM: Corsair Memory 8 Dual Channel Kit DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) 240-Pin DDR3SDRAM
      GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 570 HD 1280MB GDDR5 Dual DVI/ HDMI/ DisplayPort PCI-Express 2.0 Graphics Card
      CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus 120mm Sleeve CPU Cooler (yes I checked for LGA 1155 compatibility and it is compatible)
      Case: Cooler Master HAF ATX Mid Tower Case, RC-922M-KKN1-GP (Black)
      PSU: Corsair CMPSU-850HX 850-Watt HX Professional Series 80 Plus Certified Power Supply
      HDD: Western Digital 500GB SATA3 7200rpm 32 MB Hard Drive - Bulk WD5002AALX Caviar Black
      Screen: ASUS VH242H 23.6-Inch Widescreen LCD Monitor - Black
      Motherboard: ASUS P8P67 PRO LGA 1155 SATA 6Gbps and USB 3.0 Supported Intel P67 DDR3 2400 ATX Motherboard
      CD Drive: Lite-On LightScribe 24X SATA DVD+/-RW Dual Layer Drive IHAS424-98 - Retail (Black)

Thanks for all the help guys! I wouldnt have noticed all the mistakes if it werent for you.
      We work in the dark, to serve the light. We are Assassins.

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

Comment

[img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4373/35734799443_53cb20ef13_z.jpg[/img]

Killed by CLRs since 2004. WOOT!
        Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

That is going to be a sweet system. can't wait to see the pics.
          [url=http://www.enjin.com/bf3-signature-generator][img]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-bf3/1fad512dc784c11c.png[/img][/url]

Comment

Originally posted by Dead...Again View Post
            That is going to be a sweet system. can't wait to see the pics.
            I have waited 3 long years for this day. Three years of running games on low-medium settings on low screen resolutions with low FPS and lag. But no more and never again!! MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Comment

Send the parts back. It should cost you anything extras for your ordering mistakes as long as the items remain unused.

Comment

so apparently they ran out of my cpu cooler so i filed a claim to get a full refund and now im getting this one with an extra case fan

Cooler Master RR-910-HTX3-G1 130-Watt 92mm Hyper TX3 CPU Cooler (Yes its 1155/1156 compatible) lol

Comment

nice pc parts. whats the total on that?
                  Hit 'em like comic books, kaboom! pow pow!

Comment

i looked at that cooler. didnt look beefy enough for me, but it DOES have direct contact heat pipes. thats is at least a +2 in my book. i have the hyper 520n. and while i have more heat pipes, they are not direct contact, and i dont like the gaps between them and the rest of the heat sink pad.

it still works well, and i bet you wont have any issues with that one, an extra case fan will certainly help.

Comment

Originally posted by Infamous View Post
                      i looked at that cooler. didnt look beefy enough for me, but it DOES have direct contact heat pipes. thats is at least a +2 in my book. i have the hyper 520n. and while i have more heat pipes, they are not direct contact, and i dont like the gaps between them and the rest of the heat sink pad.

it still works well, and i bet you wont have any issues with that one, an extra case fan will certainly help.
                      Ya ive heard a lot of good stuff about it from a bunch of users and its got really good feedback from over 100 people. My original cooler (the V8 lol) actually did support 1155 BTW but it actually wouldnt have fit in my case so im glad I returned it. And I wasnt about to wait 2 weeks for the coolmaster hyper 212 so I just found the Cooler Master RR-910-HTX3-G1 130-Watt 92mm Hyper TX3 CPU Cooler on amazon and it looked like a decent cooler. I shouldnt have any problems with it and if I do I have 30 days to return it and get a different one (from best buy no more online lol)

The final price including the refun mistakes plus a EVGA $40 rebate is $1632.40 including an extra 90mm fan for the CPU cooler and after market CPU thermal paste.

Hopefully pics will be up by the weekend.

Comment

Are you getting or do you have a second HDD?

-Rand
                        [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
                        Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by Rand{CLR} View Post
                          Are you getting or do you have a second HDD?

-Rand
                          No im not. Why? Do I need one because in all my years ive never been able to use up a 500gb hard drive lol

Comment

Later on when you have some spare $. Add a second HD and move your games over to it. Raptor drives or faster are preferable.
                            80% of stutter most people get is from HDD accessing during play. And having the OS and game on same drive can also cause stuttering.

Comment

I've had 3 HDDs fail on me in my life. Luckily, two of them gave enough warning to pull data. In fact, I can still access at least one of them after putting it in an external enclosure--it just can't be used as a boot drive.

Needless to say, I'm now a fan of multiple redundancies. If nothing else, a second HDD gives you backup ability for important data.

In terms of the future, 500GB is small for a main drive with no backup. Think about how large some games are (Dragon Age: Origins is the champ so far, at more than 15GB) and how much space you may need for that. My Steamapps folder is still 86GB large after uninstalling Origins and Awakening because of the other games I have installed. And I've got another 10 or so Steam games that I finished and uninstalled.

I've got 40 or more GB of music. I've got a lot of photos. Etc.

Finally, think about what else you use your pc on now and the future. If you get a job where you have to work from home from time to time with large files, you'll wish for more space or another drive to store it.
                              [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!

Comment

You all make very good points. Luckily I've never had a HD fail on me (knock on wood). As to when it comes to my files, I usually use an external HDD to back all my files up seperate from my computer.

When you have 2 hard drives, do you have to install an OS on both or could you maybe have a HD with the OS on it and maybe like the raptor drive wwith your games on it?

I usually run a system cleaner on my computer every week. CC cleane, Defragmentation, disk clean, virus scan, etc which keeps my HD working pretty good.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                                Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                                  by Apache Warrior
                                  6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                                • Reply to 6 years
                                  by Sirex
                                  I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                                  Just hit 2.5K miles...
                                  5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                                • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                                  by Sirex
                                  Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                                  5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                                • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                                  by Sirex
                                  Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                                  5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                                • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                                  by Sirex
                                  Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                                  5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                                Working...
                                X