Opening ports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opening ports

The new modem we have will not allow both of us to play BC2 at the same time. Now I can't even get into the server because I can't connect. Our ISP said we needed to open ports (it's their hardware) but they could not help. Anyways, I was wondering how to go about doing it. When we had a LynkSys years ago I changed things around but I don't remember much. Anyways, here's a screen shot of my modem thing and the ports that need to be open.

So go on, go on be your own, go on be your own star!
    A superstar in my eyes!

Im not sure, but I just had to say, uggggghhhhh I hated Qwest when I lived back west hehehe.

Comment

Example:

Starting Port: 18390
      Ending Port: 18390
      Protocol: TCP
      LAN IP Address: Local IP of your PC

Repeat for each port.

Comment

Originally posted by Legion181 View Post
        Im not sure, but I just had to say, uggggghhhhh I hated Qwest when I lived back west hehehe.
        We've had them for about 8 years and this is the first problem we have had with them. I just cannot see how they can offer a product that they are not familiar with nor can offer help. Nor can they say that we are the only people with their service that plays games, it's just stupid.

Thanks J, I'll give it a shot a little later
        A superstar in my eyes!

Comment

Nope, didn't work
          A superstar in my eyes!

Comment

Get local ip address, start/run/cmd hit enter ip config (shows local Ip address)
            Put Ip address into forwarding page

Starting port 18390 Needs to be Tcp
            Second port 18395 Tcp as well
            Third port 18395 Udp
            Fourth 13505 Tcp

Look for upnp it SHOULD be in there somewhere, which would auto select and set up your ports.

If that doesnt work try this
            2 people from same household can't play together? - Battlefield Bad Company 2 PC - Battlefield Bad Company 2: EA Forums

for those who are playing BC2 in the same network as another person:
            Many are experiencing getting kicked when a friend on LAN joins the same server. To fix this, in Steam:
            - Go to Steam's My games menu
            - Right-click on the BFBC2 and select Properties
            - From the General tab, click the Set launch options button
            - Add a different client port number on each machine between 27005 and 27032 in the following format:
            - Code: +clientport 270XX (Where XX is a different number for each system - do not use 27020)

Comment

I think they got it working. They are both in the server right now.
              Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
              Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
              I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
              Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Originally posted by lady-MGS View Post
                We've had them for about 8 years and this is the first problem we have had with them. I just cannot see how they can offer a product that they are not familiar with nor can offer help. Nor can they say that we are the only people with their service that plays games, it's just stupid.

Thanks J, I'll give it a shot a little later
                They prolly said they couldn't help because they don't know what the ports BC2 uses. Although it's still kinda piss poor service because a simple google search could've told them.

I'm always a little leery of PNP. I really don't want my computer to tell my router what ports to open...I'm prolly just being paranoid

Comment

Apache- we just hooked our old one back up.

My husband spent about three hours on the phone with them earlier and this time the guy really seemed like he knew what he was doing. Only problem was, whenever he would change anything and then save any changes, it would revert back to the old stuff. Even when he downloaded and installed new firmware to it it went back.

Legion- I have steam but he doesn't and I don't enter the game through steam either. I showed him what you said and he said he'd try to tomorrow. But I'm not sure if he will. The guy today told him a few things to try w/ our router and modem now to make things run a little faster.

mapes- The guy yesterday said he didn't know anything about ports in general. To top it off, they sent an e-mail thanking us for our time but they called him a completely different name.
                  A superstar in my eyes!

Comment

Have they offered to replace the new one? Seems like it might be the problem.
                    Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
                    Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
                    I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
                    Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Oops forgot to add, even if your not going in through steam, just find your bfbc2 folder and enter the info there. It doesnt have to be through steam.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                      Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                        by Apache Warrior
                        6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                      • Reply to 6 years
                        by Sirex
                        I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                        Just hit 2.5K miles...
                        5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                      • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                        by Sirex
                        Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                        5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                      • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                        by Sirex
                        Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                        5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                      • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                        by Sirex
                        Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                        5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                      Working...
                      X