Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Issue with PS3 and network...

Semi computer related...

I owned a PS3 and had the sharing with Windows 7 and Media Center working fine.

My wife and I seperated and I ended up with the TV, she ended up with the PS3.

So today, I bought a new PS3 and hooked it up, but I am unable to stream from the PC to the PS3

I've been struggling with this for hours, read many posts in many forums that didn't lead anywhere.

Here is a breakdown:

- My PS3 does show the WMP, but when I try and connect, it says that the name PS3-206 is not registered

- I am able to connect to the internet on the PS3

- I am able to use Netflix on the PS3

- I had an Unknown Device in my WMP Media Device listing. However, the MAC address was set to the OLD PS3, not the new one.

- I turned on and off the various sharing settings in the WMP (Allowed, Blocked, Share, don't share) in an attempt to get the WMP "rebooted" and have it recognize the new PS3.

- In playing with settings, I accidently removed the old PS3 from the list of devices

- I am unable to enter a new device

- I went back to the PS3 and restored back to factory defaults, and it still doesn't show

- I set the PS3 settings back to the factory default, which removed the network. I then had to re-assign the network on the ps3, hoping that this would make the device show in the WMP, but it doesn't.

I've rebooted both PC and PS3 multiple times. Trust me, one is in the living room on the main floor, my PC is on the 2nd floor... my legs are hurting from the stairs haha

Any help would be seriously appreciated...

Thanks!
    [this is where my funky sig would go. But I don't have one.
    So all you get is this crappy text]

Try going to Start > Run > services.msc and and make sure SSDP Discovery is running. If its stopped you have to restart it. That lets your computer see components on your network. Maybe it got turned off accidentally. Could be a firewall issue too.
    Old school or the new, doesn't mean a thing if your heart's not true...

Comment

Thanks Devil.
      Still no go though. Firewall is disabled.
      The SSDP seems to work with the UPnP which i dont believe I am using for my PS3

I also started and stopped various other services in that list related to the network or the WMP itself..

Still nothing

Comment

Screw it..installed ps3mediaserver and all is fine.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
        Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
        widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X