Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Evil_T0NY {CLR} View Post
    Refurbished? hmmmmmm
    Same warranty, many of them were just returned for various reasons.
    [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4373/35734799443_53cb20ef13_z.jpg[/img]

Killed by CLRs since 2004. WOOT!
    Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Why buy a refirb'd Dell when you can get a new ACER?

Newegg.com - Acer Aspire AS7741Z-4839 Notebook Intel Pentium dual-core P6200 4GB Memory 500GB HDD 5400rpm DVD Super Multi Intel HD Graphics

You're just paying extra for a name, and Dell isn't that good of a name either.

Comment

COOL...I was wondering about ACER...I didn't really know "Names" and labels applied to computer or tech the same way LEVI's did in the 80's and "Ocean Pacific" lol

Originally posted by K PhaNTOM View Post

Newegg.com - Acer Aspire AS7741Z-4839 Notebook Intel Pentium dual-core P6200 4GB Memory 500GB HDD 5400rpm DVD Super Multi Intel HD Graphics

Comment

Wait, why does it say 399 in that article but 499 @ Newegg?

Originally posted by K PhaNTOM View Post

Comment

Originally posted by Evil_T0NY {CLR} View Post
            Wait, why does it say 399 in that article but 499 @ Newegg?
            lol the picture is a joke. It's 500 bucks on Newegg, it's just an example.

Comment

I bought a refurb'd Dell XPS 1530m It's ok except now a days (5 years later) it's spotty on charging the battery. It seems they put some type of intelligence into the charging system and it has problems. On some models you can swap out a daughter board. On some models (read mine) you can't. Swapping out the battery didn't help. Oh yeah also this manifests itself after the warranty is done and Dell doesn't give a poop. Don't get me wrong it hasn't soured me on all Dell products. We use they're rackable systems in our lab at work here for ESXi servers and they're quite good. Also the price performance point on they're manageable network switches rock. I'm just never going to buy a consumer laptop from them again. My next lappy will prolly be a Lenovo

Comment

Lately, the top brands have been Apple, ASUS, Lenovo, Sony and Toshiba (for reliability and acceptable customer service). For similar performance, these usually cost more than others brands.

For myself, because I really hate messing with failed equipment, I either buy nothing or I pay for the higher quality. Even the best machine can break; this just improves the odds.

Comment

I've had many bad experiences with Acer. Much rather have Dell. But that's just me.

Tony, you should know also that the outlet sites selling refurbs are dealing in factory refurbs, with 1-year warranties exactly as good as new product. They're pretty safe investments and you won't beat their pricing.

-Rand
                  [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
                  Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

check on amazon :] thats where i got my 17inch laptop

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                    Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                      by Apache Warrior
                      6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                    • Reply to 6 years
                      by Sirex
                      I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                      Just hit 2.5K miles...
                      5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                    • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                      by Sirex
                      Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                      5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                    • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                      by Sirex
                      Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                      5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                    • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                      by Sirex
                      Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                      5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                    Working...
                    X